opinions?

up 33 25.19%
op 24 18.32%
balanced 74 56.49%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Renekton...errr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paynee89

05-07-2011

I'm surprised nobody mentioned the cdr boots - i always get them on him and if i don't its only becasue the enemy team is cc heavy in which case merc threads ftw...

As a physical caster cdr increases your damage output by a huge amount, i prefer last whisper of late to a black cleaver - it's cheaper and affects your physical abailities on everyone not just your auto attacks on 1 person (ofc it still depends on enemy team comp)... i dont usually complete yommu's past the brutaliser and then i usually get sunfire and a fon - using the defense tree i end up being very tanky while still having decent damage..

after the nerf i find im missing the lanestaying ability he had - i'm not getting as farmed and harass is much harder to deal with, but he's still tanky and still does some good dps so riot screwed that up a bit...

Overall he's in a good place if you know what situations to use your fury in - this only comes from experience but a general tip is - a 1.5 second stun is better than a 0.75sec stun

heroyisunshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

im doing a bit better now.

is there anything you can recommend on FURY MANAGMENT tips

and about his speed? frozen mallets doesnt seem enough for me sometimes to catch them and SD isnt as reliable since a lot of the team fights happen without creep around :/

Lokiill

05-07-2011

just went 23/7/24 with renek and we lost :/

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2011

Don't use the highest rated build on mobafire, I find it's too tanky and too spendy.
I go boots + 3hpots, then get boots of lucidity, BF Sword, black cleaver, then brutalizer.

If you are having problems with AD, build thornmail, if not, go for youmuus ghostblade.

Exitwounds

05-07-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Renekton isn't an easy champ to play and he recently got some unnecessary nerfs that made it even harder, but he's still very viable. One thing you should do is vary and experiment your builds. Just because a build is the highest rated doesn't always mean it's necessarily the best. You need to vary your build based on your team comp and the other team comp.

Also try and get good timing with your skills and ult. Some champs you want to mash off your skills as soon as they're off CD but with Renekton it may be best to wait sometimes in order to get a fury skill off which could mean the difference between you killing your enemy and your enemy killing you.
100 damage a second, +600 health, 5 rage per second for 15 seconds, an attack that strikes 3 times, does 135+225% of your attack damage an stuns for 1.5 seconds.

I think its pretty straightforward why he was/may be nerfed again.

Lambdacolyte

05-08-2011

Rush Frozen Mallet, Ionian Boots, Sunfire Cape, Atmas, Bloodthirster (or Warmogs, if you want more survivability; it also gives you 20 more AD from atmas), Infinity Edge.

Couple with scaling MR runes, damage/level quints, ARpen reds, scaling health/level yellow OR dodge (+ dodge masteries).

I use this build to slowly (but always) kill people. Its important you rush Frozen Mallet as Renekton has a hard time hitting people alot since his only CC is a stun, which isn't long at all, and his dash has a high CDR. Also, being tankier in teamfights means you can ult and go in right after the tank (or even act as a tank), allowing you to expose the enemy team to your ultimate damage for a longer period of time.

DrX6x

Recruiter

05-08-2011

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...ocagator.xhtmlI like this guide worked well for me.

Alphonsio

05-08-2011

Grab some CDR runes. When I play Renekton he freaking dances man, it's helps a ton.

heroyisunshin

05-09-2011

how do you defend against people that can kite you hard like cait or ashe?

seems like i cant do anything, not even defend the turret since i get poked really ****ing hard even with dorans shield.

Lokiill

05-09-2011

Use slice and dice to get up close, stun and cull of the meek. Harass back.