opinions?

up 33 25.19%
op 24 18.32%
balanced 74 56.49%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Renekton...errr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pigasaurus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

I always found an ArP/CDR build to be very effective with him. 21/6/1 mastery set up.

<shrug> Heard a lot of folks do well with heavy tanking tree, but I prefer the crazy AD burst he can put out.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

LMAO
u fail.
Renekton is THE strongest Tanky DPS in the game.

Diamondragan

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Renekton isn't an easy champ to play and he recently got some unnecessary nerfs that made it even harder, but he's still very viable. One thing you should do is vary and experiment your builds. Just because a build is the highest rated doesn't always mean it's necessarily the best. You need to vary your build based on your team comp and the other team comp.

Also try and get good timing with your skills and ult. Some champs you want to mash off your skills as soon as they're off CD but with Renekton it may be best to wait sometimes in order to get a fury skill off which could mean the difference between you killing your enemy and your enemy killing you.
"Difficulty: Easy"

I beg to differ...he's not easy at all. Tanky DPS turns you into a gank initiator instead of a killer, and leaves you susceptible to being outdueled.

IMHO they should just remove the difficulty and just make it a point that most of the lower IP champs are ezmode.

Zkaiser

05-06-2011

My build is pretty simple:

Right now I don't have and Yellows but I have ArPen Reds and CDR Blues. I haven't bought new Quints yet but my Armor per level one's are working pretty dang good for now, but I suggest getting ArPen Quints for a whopping 20 ArPen at Level 1.

8/3/19 Grabbing Exaust Boost, Cooldowns, Magic Resist, and Ghost Boost

From above you can tell that I Play with Exaust and Ghost. Those skills are godly on Renekton.

I grab a Doran's Blade as my 1st Item. It gives me enough survivability to survive until I can go back and Buy Brutalizer and Boots. Brutalizer is, in my opinion, the 1st Tier 2 Item you should get. Then I upgrade the Boots to Zerkers. If they have mages then I will begin to build Spirit Visage. If not then I move straight on to Black Cleaver. Once I get Black Cleaver I yell out in /all chat "CHOOO CHOOO" because the Rapetrain just departed and I kill the next enemy champ I encounter. That's really all I ever need. If they have a dangerous Caster then I'll get a Negatron Cloak.

[Yuumu's Ghostblade][Berserker Greaves][Black Cleaver]

The above is all the offense you need. After that defend yourself because they will begin to focus you.

heroyisunshin

05-06-2011

interesting...

maybe i just had a bad experience/high expectation?

anywhooo I am doing a little better now in my games, I guess in my other experience I just got focused hard as hell and would lose that game ( i felt I didnt contribute at all and thus single handly made everyone lose).

Does anyone know the mechanic behind armour pen. i.e if target has less armour then your armour pen (negative) then do you do additional damage? is there a cap to it? Reason I ask is Renekton is ungodly slow and i wanna save that e (with its still long ass cooldown despite the reduction stuff) to chase em down. I was thinking of switching armour pen quints with movement and just get last whisper into my item build or something similar.

what are you ad stats look like for renekton around late game?

fury managment tips?

heroyisunshin

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomDS View Post
what masteries are you using because i seem to do just fine with him every game and it comes down to your runes and masteries
9/0/21

although im thinking of doing 9/0/21 for various reasons

substantial= as in i do meh amount of damage but thats it.

edit: guess ill try ghost instead of flash

Beas7ie

05-06-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamondragan View Post
"Difficulty: Easy"

I beg to differ...he's not easy at all. Tanky DPS turns you into a gank initiator instead of a killer, and leaves you susceptible to being outdueled.

IMHO they should just remove the difficulty and just make it a point that most of the lower IP champs are ezmode.
Um I said he's NOT easy to play as. And a tanky DPS build is good for him if done right. I like to get Youshimos Ghost Blade and maybe one or two more offensive items and then build for survivability though I vary m build based on the teams comp I've also been experimenting with Hexteh Gunblade on him and it works surprisingly well. It's got lifesteal and spellvamp and I builds ur AD and AP which is good for ult. U can deal good damage to enemies by ulting with a sunfury and if u have a friendly morde who casts his shield on u then a WHOAH HOO HOO LOOK OUT UN ENEMIES! Not to mention the active which damages and slows enemies which is good for chasing runners and it syncs well with ghostblade. If I'm doing well and farming well I can easily go 1v2 a d even 1v3 and win.

heroyisunshin

05-06-2011

ok so with playing around with items and what not

which build sounds optimal:
build 1 will give me about 2.3k hp give or take and about 330~ad

build 2 will give me about 3.2khp and about 270ad

which is optimal?

heroyisunshin

05-06-2011

bump

TheySeeMeRollin

05-07-2011

First of all, mobafire is generally looked down upon. Secondly, builds are meant to be used as a guide, not necessarily something you buy every game, and CERTAINLY not against specific enemy comps (high AP, high AD, high CC, etc) and secondly, Renekton has, in my honest opinion, far more mobility and utility than Garen. Sure, Garen's silence is cute and can be pretty annoying in certain situations, but Renekton's Slice & Dice to Ruthless Stun (preferably with fury) can be downright killer if done correctly. He's got the kind of quick mobility that Garen can't possibly match (you don't see him spinning through walls; he's not a Tryndamere). He's decidedly very much of a finesse champion after his nerf, but when played correctly, the rewards are great, and he can still very much be viable.

As a general rule: If you're having trouble surviving/chasing, get a Frozen Mallet. If you're not doing enough quick damage to really matter in a fight: Youmuu's + active is killer for him with the cooldown.