opinions?

up 33 25.19%
op 24 18.32%
balanced 74 56.49%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Renekton...errr

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

heroyisunshin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

So he is suppose to be a tanky dps like Garen...
Why is it that I cant dps/tank anywhere NEAR to what Garen can do...

I farm, don't feed, get kills.
but in the end I don't do diddly squat to the enemy team...My score always ends up with me having like 10 assist 6 deaths and 0 kills...always...well..maybe one or two kills.

What am i doing wrong?
I use the highest rated moba fire build for renekton
but i cant do anything even in late game. I can do a substantial amount of damage but thats about it.

My main pet peeve about him is that you cant string your moves together which severely hurts him. Unlike other champs like rumble, ez, or tryn you wanna do success of moves, linking the moves together to be successul, Renekton doesnt have that ability...He literally silences himself whenever he uses one move...wtf (i.e he cant do e and q combo as smoothly compared to others like ez doing ewq)?
That and his q doesnt hit for ****, w does ok damage but its not justified by the amount of time it takes for him to finish his animation. the stun only lasts about .5 when subtracting him doing his animation before you can take any action.

So...how is he suppose to be played then. Compared to him any other melee would rape him (xin, garen, morde...)

edit:
ok so I am starting to get a better feeling of him, some of the posts here have been enlightening while others have been extremely **** and thus can go kill themselves.
I am trying to STILL figure out how to manage with fury (give some tips?) and deciding on a build for him as of now:
build 1 will give me about 2.3k hp give or take and about 330~350ad

build 2 will give me about 3.2khp and about 270ad

which should i aim for?

PhantomDS

05-05-2011

what masteries are you using because i seem to do just fine with him every game and it comes down to your runes and masteries

Beas7ie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Renekton isn't an easy champ to play and he recently got some unnecessary nerfs that made it even harder, but he's still very viable. One thing you should do is vary and experiment your builds. Just because a build is the highest rated doesn't always mean it's necessarily the best. You need to vary your build based on your team comp and the other team comp.

Also try and get good timing with your skills and ult. Some champs you want to mash off your skills as soon as they're off CD but with Renekton it may be best to wait sometimes in order to get a fury skill off which could mean the difference between you killing your enemy and your enemy killing you.

Sergeant Dragon

05-05-2011

If you're getting assists and you're doing substantial amounts of damage, I don't see what's the problem. You're just not getting the last hit on champs.

I don't get this nonsense about not being able to string moves together. You must be trolling. The standard combo is E>W>Q>E using the ult whenever the situation calls for it.

Early game, he's not very powerful until he gets his ult which offsets his squishiness, and significantly powers up his basic skills. His whole skillset I find best synergizes with improved exhaust and improved ghost. Despite his lack of power early game, he's got a whole lot of utility with Q/W/E. His W stun is short but it's up fairly often when you max out CDR. Because of this, I find that renek's value as a lane partner that helps secure kills to be the best role for him before lvl 6.

I tend to max skills in this order: R>Q>E>W. Why? Even though Q doesn't do that much damage, it's on the lowest cooldown early on, acts as an aoe, slightly heals you, and helps build up rage. For lane staying power, better ability to farm creeps, and flexibility early on that comes first for me. Next is E, because mobility is what helps make renek freaking awesome and dangerous. The nature of his E makes him surprise quite a few ranged chars who aren't aware of their position. If you've got enemy minions between you and a squishy enemy champ, slice minions, then dice to the enemy champ and unleash combo. W is the most damage dealing skill, yes, but a smart enemy will be wary of that skill and you won't be able to use that skill often. Because of this, I max it last because I find its stun and procing abilities to be more valuable than the damage. By lvl 3 I have one point in all three skills and then I follow my skill upgrade queue.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing fine with him, but you're just not satisfied with your K/D/A ratios.

heroyisunshin

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beas7ie View Post
Renekton isn't an easy champ to play and he recently got some unnecessary nerfs that made it even harder, but he's still very viable. One thing you should do is vary and experiment your builds. Just because a build is the highest rated doesn't always mean it's necessarily the best. You need to vary your build based on your team comp and the other team comp.

Also try and get good timing with your skills and ult. Some champs you want to mash off your skills as soon as they're off CD but with Renekton it may be best to wait sometimes in order to get a fury skill off which could mean the difference between you killing your enemy and your enemy killing you.
could you give some tips on fury managment? i understand you wanna use w mostly for the stun and 3x attack for the black cleaver proc.
but when do i attack? what is the optimal fury (you dont want 50 if you wanna harass since you can do eqw, q coming before w since you want them stunned so you can e back etc...).

to other poster:
by combo: i mean it isnt as fluid as compared to other champions. Renekton timing is more of "1 and 2 and 3..." while other are more of 123. get it?

DclawRUSHED

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeantdragon View Post
If you're getting assists and you're doing substantial amounts of damage, I don't see what's the problem. You're just not getting the last hit on champs.

I don't get this nonsense about not being able to string moves together. You must be trolling. The standard combo is E>W>Q>E using the ult whenever the situation calls for it.

Early game, he's not very powerful until he gets his ult which offsets his squishiness, and significantly powers up his basic skills. His whole skillset I find best synergizes with improved exhaust and improved ghost. Despite his lack of power early game, he's got a whole lot of utility with Q/W/E. His W stun is short but it's up fairly often when you max out CDR. Because of this, I find that renek's value as a lane partner that helps secure kills to be the best role for him before lvl 6.

I tend to max skills in this order: R>Q>E>W. Why? Even though Q doesn't do that much damage, it's on the lowest cooldown early on, acts as an aoe, slightly heals you, and helps build up rage. For lane staying power, better ability to farm creeps, and flexibility early on that comes first for me. Next is E, because mobility is what helps make renek freaking awesome and dangerous. The nature of his E makes him surprise quite a few ranged chars who aren't aware of their position. If you've got enemy minions between you and a squishy enemy champ, slice minions, then dice to the enemy champ and unleash combo. W is the most damage dealing skill, yes, but a smart enemy will be wary of that skill and you won't be able to use that skill often. Because of this, I max it last because I find its stun and procing abilities to be more valuable than the damage. By lvl 3 I have one point in all three skills and then I follow my skill upgrade queue.

Otherwise, it sounds like you're doing fine with him, but you're just not satisfied with your K/D/A ratios.
Mmk so basically disregard what this guy says about leveling up skills and everything else is fine, the skill level i always do is, R>W>Q>E. Why? Your E is you main source of damage, everything else just helps the burst, E to get in the fight W-Q-E, auto attack ect, your target should go down quickly, Q does VERY little healing and is not very useful except clearing minions and doing damage the heal got nerfed a lot.

I almost everytime i play renekton i get positive kdr and carry the game, i Grab boots 3, yoummu's, Randuin's, Frozen Mallet, Situational item then black cleaver/ Tanky items like aegis or sunfire cape.

Prometheius

05-05-2011

You're tanky DPS. You're NOT supposed to be getting kills. The ones all the kills should be going to are your AD and AP carries. You're just the Melee and damage-dealing version of a support champ.

Erronius

05-05-2011

Roll with 1 or 2 movespeed quints with (depending on 1 or 2) one or two armor pen quints. All Armor pen reds, all flat cdr yellows and blues. For masteries go 11-0-19 for all the cdr and movespeed you can get as well as the 6 armor pen in offensive.

Start your build out with boots and 3 health pots no matter what, you should have 387 movespeed with just one 1.5% movespeed quint. Pick your dash skill first and use it at every safe opportunity to dash in for a quick harass and immediately dash back out without auto attacking. On level two pick cull the meek and continue the dash/harass, casting cull before dashing out now. Level 3 get Ruthless predator, use it for last hits on minions and when chasing down enemy champs -keep it at level 1 until both Cull and slice and dice are maxed, level cull the meek max first.

Always get a trinity force and an infinity edge with boots of swiftness or mobility. The rest of the item slots are open to anything based on enemy team lineups; I highly recommend getting a lifesteal item. The idea is to be able to dash in and out harassing faster than the enemy can retaliate, this way you keep them low health and ripe for ganking.

Basically focus on farming, Renekton farms harder than any other champ I've played. Don't try anything crazy without a teammate, and never be the initiator unless you have no other choice; you want your ultimate to do the most damage it can.

I've had good and bad games with him, he does well as a tank build, not so well as a tanky dps build from what i've experienced. He pulls off a high AD build with style however -if you know not to dive in like a fool and to pick your moments.

My favorite champ to play hope this helps.

Mr Threepwood

05-05-2011

Renekton is very hard to kill, can deal decent damage and has hard CC. Garren has... Kill steal ulty. If you can do more damage as garren I want to see your build. Getting kills does not mean you're doing well.You disrupt the enemy teams positioning, that's IT. Renekton is STILL one of the best tanky DPS in my opinion if only for the double flash/stun that so few tanky dps have. With a sunfire cape you do 140 damage to oponents for STANDING there during your ult. Does he deal ridiculous damage? No, but he can close on priority targets better than most tanky DPS and does more than enough damage to kill them when he gets there, and survives well enough that he can't be focused down in a reasonable period. Chase their carries off or eat them, either one's a win for you.

jetronic

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by heroyisunshin View Post
So he is suppose to be a tanky dps like Garen...
Why is it that I cant dps/tank anywhere NEAR to what Garen can do...

I farm, don't feed, get kills.
but in the end I don't do diddly squat to the enemy team...My score always ends up with me having like 10 assist 6 deaths and 0 kills...always...well..maybe one or two kills.

What am i doing wrong?
I use the highest rated moba fire build for renekton
but i cant do anything even in late game. I can do a substantial amount of damage but thats about it.

My main pet peeve about him is that you cant string your moves together which severely hurts him. Unlike other champs like rumble, ez, or tryn you wanna do success of moves, linking the moves together to be successul, Renekton doesnt have that ability...He literally silences himself whenever he uses one move...wtf (i.e he cant do e and q combo as smoothly compared to others like ez doing ewq)?
That and his q doesnt hit for ****, w does ok damage but its not justified by the amount of time it takes for him to finish his animation. the stun only lasts about .5 when subtracting him doing his animation before you can take any action.

So...how is he suppose to be played then. Compared to him any other melee would rape him (xin, garen, morde...)
There's your problem. leaguecraft.com is way better, but remember that the same build should never be used for all games, because you should always be itemizing against your opponent.