[Suggestion] Making revive not suck.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BroForgotnglory

03-09-2010

maybe its just my playing style but i find 50% of the summoner spells useless. And by far the most useless summoner spell is revive.

I'm sure it goes without saying, but lets review why it sucks.

1. You have to die. So if your having a good match, or just dont die to often, you may only wind up using this 1-3 times in a match, heck you might not even die at all.

2. Even if you do use the ability, to what end are you using it to? if your partner or team is dieing enough to where revive might actually seem useful, in all likely hood its setting the player up for an uneven match where he might be the only one left, and thus he would only die again.

3. This is by far the biggest issue, it takes away a valuable spot, that could of been used for a summoner spell, that actualy would make a difference in the game.

4. This goes along with number 2 and 3, but it really doesnt offer a defence or offence advantage, so while it may let a player respawn, it doesnt actually accomplish anything.

So, how can we make revive not suck you ask? well, why not have its ability be similar to guardian angel? allowing the player to respawn where they died instead of back at the base? Heck, maybe take a step further and have it become a guardian angel, thus negating a death a player would of recieved whilst respawning them.

This would give the spell both offence and defence advatnages thus making the spell useful

just my 2cents.

Lagoon7

03-09-2010

Oh god please no.

I get enough of that **** from zilean and guardian angel, last thing i need is the whole enemy team ressing at full hp/mana right after we kill them.

Besides that would make Zilean's ulti redundant and the Guardian Angel item worthless.

Followed by everyones mastery build becoming X/X/21+ so that revive's cooldown gets nerfed by 15%.

TL;DR no.

Arctura42

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-09-2010

Just imagine it now ...

The cooldown on Anivia's egg is 4 minutes.

The cooldown on Guardian Angel is 5 minutes.

The cooldown on Revive is a base 9 minutes, but with 15% off it's actually 7.65 minutes, or 7 minutes and 39 seconds (at least I THINK the base is 9 minutes...).

Zilean's ult basically has no cooldown that we can keep track of. The shortest amount of time required for him to bring it off cooldown is something like 10 or 20 seconds (rewind spam ftw!).

As you can see, in terms of reviving annoyances, Zilean > Anivia > Guardian Angel >> New Revive. However, considering that two of those require you to either be or be allied to a certain champion, and the other requires an item, the New Revive is convenient.

However, we must remember that reviving is not instantaneous - if there is a group after you, the group will trap you as you're respawning, thereby just killing you once you come back. I've seen an Anivia go through all 3 revives (not the new one as it doesn't exist) and still die. And this was because she could not get out of the group of enemies as they cc'd her to death again and again and again (after which they complained over all chat).

So perhaps the worst thing that you come across would be a team like this:

All take revive and heal (idk...something like that).
On the team we have:
Anivia
Zilean
Kayle (invulnerability shield is basically synonymous to guardian angel, but without getting any health back)
Soraka (did someone say health back?)
<Insert pitifully low health carry here>

So now, we'll just have everyone get guardian angel's (in addition to their regular items). Around mid-game, you'd have to kill a person 2 times almost every time in order to kill them, with quite a few people getting away. Meanwhile, the carry is getting lots of money as he is periodically revived and shoots/hacks the living daylights out of anyone near him at the time, only to "die" again and repeat the process.

But now if we imagine two teams like this, then what happens? Well, the game will stretch on just about forever, as no one will get kills very easily - gank attempts will fail as the enemies will res and make it to their towers - and when towers cease to matter, they'll be faster (and have more items) anyway.

So furthermore - wait, where am I going with this?

Actually, now that I think about it, I believe this was going to be one of the new masteries that are supposed to be coming out eventually.

BroForgotnglory

03-09-2010

Ah... i suppouse i never looked at it like that.

so off of that, just having it become a guardian angel would be OP, but say players still gain a death, and the revive animation is rather slow, maybe 10-30 seconds? it might negate that problem.

I would take a delayed revive, over an instant repsawn to base anyday

Razzee

03-09-2010

what about taking some time off the respawn counter on use, for all players on your team (that are dead at the moment)?
the time would be hard to balance but it could be a idear

dYCz6lcXvHgw3EQf

03-10-2010

Why not just have it respawn the hero at his location of death instead of back at the base? Problem solved. :P

Razzee

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enai Siaion View Post
Why not just have it respawn the hero at his location of death instead of back at the base? Problem solved. :P
read the thread why not

BroForgotnglory

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzee View Post
what about taking some time off the respawn counter on use, for all players on your team (that are dead at the moment)?
the time would be hard to balance but it could be a idear

Oooo that is another very interesting alternative :O, however, they would need to tweak revive so that players that are not dead, can use it to help there team.

Razzee

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
Oooo that is another very interesting alternative :O, however, they would need to tweak revive so that players that are not dead, can use it to help there team.
that shouldn't be the problem. the time revive reduces is where it makes or breaks the deal.

Viro Melchior

03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroForgotnglory View Post
Revive: Reduce your death timer by 100%. Reduce all allied player's death timers by 50%.

Improved Revive: As current, but improves the ally reduction to 60%.

Endgame when you're dealing with 75 second respawns, an Improved Revive would knock up to 45 seconds off a death timer, bringing the last player to die down to 30 seconds to be back on his feet