Ez AP AD Hybrid?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Happy Guerrilla

05-05-2011

I've played Ez a few times now mainly building attack damage and some attack speed/crit. But that usually means that I have to be right in the middle of the fight, and if my team dips out, I get crushed. Is there any suggestions for other builds or styles to play? and if you could give a few items to get that'd be great too!

Sykil

05-05-2011

Guinsoo's Rageblade is a good, relatively cheap hybrid item that goes pretty well with Ez's passive. In general, Ez isn't much of a team fighter, and that's not going to change no matter how you build him. Just Trueshot Barrage and Essence Flux to buff/debuff.

Only problem with hybrid is that it's very expensive since your options are pretty much Guinsoo's, Hextech Gunblade, and a Trinity Force. But you can build some cheaper items and upgrade/replace as the game goes on. Ez loves an early Sheen and Brutalizer, and that hasn't really changed even with the new AP ratios on Q and R. Upgrade the Sheen to a Trinity Force later. Get the vamp scepter, and instead of building it into a Bloodthirster, build a Bilgewater Cutlass and upgrade to Gunblade later.

I've been experimenting with the following build in custom games, and I like it - but I'm not sure how viable it is in reality:
Start with boots and 3 pots. Upgrade these to either Zerkers or Merc. Treads later.
Grab a Vamp Scepter and Cloth Armor, and upgrade this to Wriggle's Lantern ASAP.
Snag a Sheen, then a Brutalizer. All of the items you've grabbed so far should give you some great early-game damage on the cheap.
Buy the Phage -> Trinity Force.
Get to work on Guinsoo's Rageblade, starting with a Pickaxe if you can't afford it outright.
Build a Bilgewater Cutlass and upgrade it to the Gunblade later.
If things last long enough, replace Wriggle's and Brutalizer with Deathcap and Black Cleaver/Voidstaff (whichever you prefer).

I run armor pen marks, mana regen/level seals, and MR/level glyphs. Lots of options on quints: I would suggest movespeed, armor penetration, or maybe flat health. Masteries are 9/0/21 with a point in the 15% spell penetration since his ultimate does magic damage.

As a carry, in a teamfight you need to hang back a bit and poke from behind your team. Wait for someone to overextend, have your team CC them, and then punish them. Pick off the rest as they flee. That's generally what you want to do.

ChampionofXmas

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

I like to build Hybrid. So I rush the tear of the goddes, this takes care of any mana problems, and since ez is super spammy with spells, the passive from the tear gives you a ton of extra mana, after I get my tear and my boots of lucidity I work on my Gunblade since its amazing for hybrid, AD, AP, life steal, spell vamp, and you can shot things with a gun. After the gunblade, I finish the manamune, then to balance it out, I build a nashor's tooth, for some AP, and attack speed. Bloodthirster works well for AD bc it gives good life steal, Rylies for AP, health, and a slow with all your skills

OutlawStarx2

05-05-2011

I personally do a sorta AD/crit build with ezreal

My end items go like this

AS boots
Trinity
IE
Ghost Blade
Banshee's (or Armor item)
Bloodthirster (or Hextech, black cleaver, or stark)

since ghost blade and trinity both have crit there is no real reason to not get IE IMO.

SeattleReign

05-05-2011

Hybrid is vary viable ... I think rushing sheen then guinsoo's. after this get gunblade asap. Finish trinity. Then add whatever u want more of if the game goes that long. I don't care what anyone says if u get these 3 items and play right you will quite simply smash on people. I do suggest going mostly ad after you finish these 3 items. Infinty Edge > Bloodthirster > Ghostblade imo but this is pref.

FluorescentBulb

05-05-2011

Lately I've skipped the guinsoo's to go straight for heltech for the lifesteal durability. Then I go infinite edge and void staff. As nice as guinsoo's is, i prefer high damage and ult penetration over attack speed and light ap boost.