how to use kayles heal?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vilantius

05-05-2011

I'm not going to ask anyone to buff it, but I have trouble using it as a heal. I understand using it as a movement speed buff, which is what I normally use it as, but I wish there was an alternative build to mine that lets her actually use it.
I build
tear of the goddess
sorcerors shoes
guinsoos rageblade
nashors tooth
archangels staff
I haven't had a game go after that yet, but the last two would probably be situational, maybe a qss or black cleaver, rabadons, it depends.
but with this build, her heal is useless. is there something else I can do to make it better at healing without losing too much effectiveness? because I almost feel those four core items are necessary on her.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

i don't know what to tell you, it's not useless by any means. Getting tear is a bad idea since she can't spam her abilitys and charge it up, if anything manamune would be better on her than AA.

iP1ayJarvan

05-05-2011

yes, manamune+berserkers allows you to charge it up very fast. i get bout 2.5k mana by 30-40ish minutes (spam whenever skills are off CD, auto attacks). and it does give you AP from the AD you get anyways, and also makes farming a breeze. if you decide to go ap, grab a rylai's, it gives you permaslow, then rabaddon's. typical ap build for me would be nashors, berserkers, manamune, rylai's, rabaddon and lichbane. if i go AD, i switch rylai's and rabaddon's for 2 bloodthirsters, and lichbane for triforce.

Note: in either build, your heal is useless for its heal, USE IT AS A MS BUFF!!!

Vilantius

05-05-2011

I might try that. I usually find TotG enough to solve all my mana problems, even if it's not as effective on Kayle as on others. And once I've got decent mana I spam all her skills whenever I can find a use for them. heal to get back to lane faster, E is almost always on, and there's usually SOME champion in range to use her Q on. I might try Manamune instead of AA though, since tear is usually enough to solve the mana by itself anyways and whichever I chose would simply be an extension of that...

Azaer

05-05-2011

Just use it. I get some AP on Kayle and I'm usually healing for 300 every 6 seconds by 25 mins. Thats pretty useful. Just spam it, it pains me to watch those Kayle kill compilations as every move is on CD except their heal.

A heal is a heal, even if its a bit impotent compared to its peers. I can honestly say I've saved more lives with the heal than the ult (and even more when I use them together)

Basically, don't be shy to actually use it as a heal. If you're getting the CDR you should be it'll be up and ready quickly enough.

iP1ayJarvan

05-05-2011

rush manamune, the ad it gives is not too bad. and you do spam spells btw, your 'heal' is a MS buff, so essentially you have a permanant 433 MS (strangely enough, W CD is even shorter than its duration, you could have enough time to cast on 2 ppl).

what actually saves lives isnt the heal, its the MS buff so they can escape after you ult them (to the guy above)

Vilantius

05-05-2011

ok, so... should I upgrade tear to manamune before boots?

iP1ayJarvan

05-05-2011

well, technically you do get more bonus by upgrading it faster, i normally rush it. but not too much of a difference i guess, you could grab a lvl1 boots before upgrading to manamune, then lvl2 boots. my boot choices are mercs or berserkers depending on the enemy, i run cdr blues and utility tree so i ahve 14.89 CDR at lvl1, nashors pretty much maxes it.

oh and btw, if you didnt try, rylai's procs on kayle's E, making your autoattacks have an AoE slow, and i think it gives your Q an even more crazy slow.

Vilantius

05-05-2011

sweet, thank you for the help. I'll definitely incorporate rylais into my build. seeing as she only has the one nuke and gets enough ap for e just off of overflow ad, I think I might start building her more ad centric. yeah, now that I think about it, I might rush the full manamune cuz' it's kind of cheap, and it'll give me a chance to see how good the other team is at using cc to decide which boots to get. thank you!

iP1ayJarvan

05-05-2011

well, i'm not saying ap kayle is bad, its just i play kayle more ad based, its my build. you could look around for guides for ap kayle, the heal might be more useful there. but i still think not too worth building ap coz her rates are bad, the ap i get is just a nice bonus to have.