Sivir - Last whisper or black cleaver?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

it actually goes pen > % > reduc.. i guess BC would be a better choice

Kritara

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-09-2010

BC is better, if you can afford to be that close to them. Any team with a brain will focus you quick. Hence why I like Last whisper's shoot n scoot with full benefits the entire time.

Slide

03-09-2010

Im with Kritara on this one. Last Whisper all the way.

This is of course assuming you bought a Blood Thirster. Sivir does need a damage item. Though she benefits far more from the lifesteal of thirster then from the armor reduction of cleaver.

Also its:

Armor Reduction applied first. This can get people into negative.

Then % Penetration is applied.

Then flat penetration is applied.

Moot point in any case. Black cleaver doesnt really shine on Sivir unless your pubstomping. Of course we all know if your pub stomping you can do all kind sof rediculous things.

Lastly, though I need to double check, I do not believe that armor reduction (starks, black cleaver) affect buildings. I know starks doesnt its a champion affecting aura. But I believe Black Cleaver does not reduce the armor of towers while last whisper does. Def needs some testing and regardless of the results I would go with a last whisper if I was making the choice.

P.S.: I dont use either in my normal build. Chalice, Boots, Starks, Aegis, Bloodthirster, Guardian Angel.

Nucmam

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
i dont spam boomerang until lvl 11/12 when i max it out.. so should i buy my chalice then?

If your not spamming boomerang then your not playing Sivir properly. Sometimes I actually get Philo stone depending on who I'm against. But yea generally get mana regen and use boomerang. Its your best friend for making gold early.

Slide

03-09-2010

Ive always been of the opinion that Philo Stone on Sivir is a terrible waste. The main reason being:

Philo Stone is best in a long game where it provides its regen when you need it and pays for itself before you sell it to get something else.

Sivir, by her nature, plays short games. The longer the game goes, the worse off Sivir is.

Lastly, its just flat out not enough mana regen if your using your abilities as much as you should be.

Ive tested it a lot and while I like the item on champions who play more towards end game (Ashe, for example). It just goes against Sivirs playstyle.

Im always curious about peoples reasoning though if youd like to provide it!

Selenite

Recruiter

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeLpZ View Post
i dont spam boomerang until lvl 11/12 when i max it out.. so should i buy my chalice then?
You can start spamming boomerang around lvl 3 boomerang, it does decent damage.

Slide

03-09-2010

You should be throwing a BB every time its useful right from level 1.

If you can hit a champ, do it! Thats 120 damage at level 1 (before MR).

Throw one through each creep wave! It lowers the health of the entire wave. this lets you focus on last hitting each and every single creep in the wave as your creeps bring them low on health!

And of course, it pushes right up to the enemy tower. Tower steals gold and you start getting damage in on it ASAP. A good Sivir will have the tower down before level 7. Proper use of BB (heavy use of BB) is essential to this.

FeLpZ

03-09-2010

ill try and test last whisper on towers here in a little bit