yesimazn's Fiddlesticks Guide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yesimazn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker View Post
Besides the obvious flaws (2x zhonyas, really?) that were pointed out already, your guide simply doesn't work for high level games.

It is also pointless to "show off" your stats. You haven't been getting in games with good players yet.

The point of fiddlesticks is not to do a lot of dmg (ala AP) but to be a solid controller in team fights.

Here are some bro(pro) tips:

1. AP scales terribly with fiddle. Additional ability power is not worth the HP/damage mitigation you'll gain otherwise.

2. Boots as first item? You're not melee and you cannot do serious dmg at level 1, what is the point of boots? Get dorans or just sapphire depending on enemy team comp.

3. Drain as the first skill is only good if you decide to do the lesser jungle creep early. Otherwise Dark Wind is far superior in lane control and harassment.

4. Banshee's Veil and Mercury Treads should be the first items you complete, otherwise you are just asking for it.

5. Soloing heroes? LoL isn't about soloing heroes. As fiddles, you have no need to solo heroes. Be a good team player because every single one of your abilities can influence a team fight.

6. Meijas is only useful medium-late game. You can choose Meijas before Banshees only if the enemy team doesn't have any good crowd control or your front lines clearly outclass enemy. This situation is rare and far between.

A fiddlesticks shouldn't be played like Ryze, where people stack AP. Learn the role within the overall team and play accordingly.
i agree stacking 2 zhonya's ring isnt really worth it. i do it just to get more ap. but games dont last that long.

soloing heroes is for early kills. with drain, people can go off their lane to try to gank you. and fail they lose the exp they get while staying in their lane. and its very efficicent to get ur mejaj's stacks up to be ready for bigger ganks later on.

diving in with ultimate can easily get killed by other champions. but with drain as the first skill diving in and fear+drain can help u stay alive for the full duration of ur ultimate and get away safely.

the reason why i get mejajs so early. is because with this build. it will get u some early kills no doubt. and with high stacks on mejajs it will make u just more useful later in the game.

darkwind is good to harrass but rarely get u a enemy kill atleast till u get 4-5 points in darkwind. dark wind is good. but 1 point is enough for early game. 1 point in jungle gank will silence 3 champions for u.

Ap scales horribly with fiddlestick yes. but later in the game. when u max ur darkwind. u should have 400-500 ap already. thats when darkwind can become ur kill shot.

stacking ap can keep u alive early game with drain.

its just my personal way of playing fiddlestick. and i actually got the tip from a high elo lvl 30 fiddlestick to go drain first. cuz when i first play. i go darkwind first. and usually only the ultimate will grant me kills... but with drain. i am still as deadly without my ult.

DaBaier

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-10-2010

This strategy is great, for low-elo games. I used to be very much AP + life drain focused when I was lower level. Nowadays (125+ games as fiddle and in a much higher elo bracket), people just arent as stupid. Life drain gets kills when people are stupid. If I play against overly aggressive players I will get life drain more at lower level, because you can capitalize on their mistakes. Most of the time people realize what fiddle is capable of so they are more cautious, thus dark wind for harassment is great. Also with lots of recent Ryze players an extended silence is great for killing him before he can even cast.

JHAT

Recruiter

03-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironworker View Post
Besides the obvious flaws (2x zhonyas, really?) that were pointed out already, your guide simply doesn't work for high level games.

It is also pointless to "show off" your stats. You haven't been getting in games with good players yet.

The point of fiddlesticks is not to do a lot of dmg (ala AP) but to be a solid controller in team fights.

Here are some bro(pro) tips:

1. AP scales terribly with fiddle. Additional ability power is not worth the HP/damage mitigation you'll gain otherwise.

2. Boots as first item? You're not melee and you cannot do serious dmg at level 1, what is the point of boots? Get dorans or just sapphire depending on enemy team comp.

3. Drain as the first skill is only good if you decide to do the lesser jungle creep early. Otherwise Dark Wind is far superior in lane control and harassment.

4. Banshee's Veil and Mercury Treads should be the first items you complete, otherwise you are just asking for it.

5. Soloing heroes? LoL isn't about soloing heroes. As fiddles, you have no need to solo heroes. Be a good team player because every single one of your abilities can influence a team fight.

6. Meijas is only useful medium-late game. You can choose Meijas before Banshees only if the enemy team doesn't have any good crowd control or your front lines clearly outclass enemy. This situation is rare and far between.

A fiddlesticks shouldn't be played like Ryze, where people stack AP. Learn the role within the overall team and play accordingly.
What build order would you use on fiddlesticks? By the way, where is that tank fiddlesticks guide? I saw a brief discussion on it at solomid forums. I think I'd like a more tanky fiddlesticks.

Ironworker

03-11-2010

This is the fiddlesticks guide you want:

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...ad.php?t=65088

While I don't agree with frozen heart (it's a bit situational) the guide is very good and exceptionally written.

Cylence

03-11-2010

I would just like to point out more than half of the melee champions have a skill in some shape or form that can end ur drain, and the ones that don't are generally less used. (unless ur in the bracket where you can actually see Yi in games)
The chances of you finding TWO melee champions that can be drained safely is nigh-impossible. It is also nigh-impossible for u to survive a 2-man gank given you spent ur first 4k gold on 0 survival items, not using flat hp runes, along with low levels of silence and fear. Pick any two of the higher tier champions and they have a way to combo u to death without ever having to worry about ur drain.
Anyone with sufficient amount of experience with fiddle in arranged games will most likely come to the conclusion that many fiddle guide writers have reached, that banshee's veil as ur first or second item is the best way to go.
And sometimes u'll start to realize the reason why fiddlesticks help the team win big fights is not REALLY the absurd amount of damage his ult can put out (it definitely helps), but the fact u put the other team in a state of panic, and the non-ending silence that will destroy them if they decide to stay and fight.