yesimazn's Fiddlesticks Guide.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yesimazn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Intro:

I'm a very aggressive LoL player. I would rather get 1 kill and die, than no kill at all. I'm sure there are many players out there who can do better with my build.

I've read many Fiddlesticks guide out there. Most of them aren't as good as they sound like.
I've played against lvl 30's a lot, and I've met a lot of very good fiddlesticks.
Most of them agreed with my build. but rarely anyone was willing to share it.

This guide is just my personal way of playing fiddlesticks. i find it very successful. Of course not everyone is gonna agree with the way i play it. but if i got over 20 kills every single game, i don't think I played it "wrong"!
---------------

Abilities:

[Passive] Horror: Nearby enemy Champions have their Magic Resist lowered by 16.
[Q] Terrify: Fears the target for [1.0/1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0] seconds. Costs [65/85/105/125/145] Mana. Range 525.
[W] Life Drain: Drains [50/75/100/130/160]+(AP*0.4) hp/second for 6 seconds. Costs [80/100/120/140/160] Mana. Cooldown 12 seconds. Range 450.
[E] Dark Wind: Deals 100+(AP*.35) damage and bounces [3/5/7/9/11] times, may hit the same target many times. Silences for 0.75 seconds. Costs [50/70/90/110/130] Mana. Range 600.
[R] Crowstorm: Channels for 2 seconds, then teleports Fiddlesticks to target location and causes a murder of crows to attack nearby enemies. Deals [170/250/330]+(AP*0.4) damage per second to all nearby enemies for 5 seconds. Costs [200/300/400] Mana. Range 800.
---------------

Summoner Abilities + Mastery Points + Runes:

Flash: its a MUST have for fiddlesticks.
Exhaust: i personally like exhaust with the mastery talent. (ill explain why later)
Ignite: more ap is always good. but not as good as exhaust in my personal opinion

Masteries just typical caster mastery. 9/0/21 (with improve exhaust)

as for runes. if u look at my profile. i barely even rune up my fiddle, cuz i focus on buying other champions. but.
Marks: Magic penetration
Seals: Any Health rune or Ability Power (i personally go health/18. about 200 more health at lvl 18. not because its better than ability power, but because i can share same runes with my physical champion rune page.)
Glyphs: Cooldown Reduction or mana regain or more ability power. (i personally think cooldown reduction is the BEST glyph available for fiddlesticks. i perfered flat. but then its expansive.)
--------------

Ability Order:

This is where it differs from everyone else.
i read many guides before i started playing fiddlesticks. They all tell me to go dark wind first. It's not bad and all. but its HARD to get a kill in early lvls and my ending score would be about 15/10 with dark wind as my first ability. compare to 30/0 with drain as my first ability i think drain is the right way to go.

Drain build:
1- Drain
2- Fear
3- Drain
4- Dark Wind/Fear (in middle lane against physical attackers i go fear, otherwise dark wind just for the silence)
5- Drain
6- Crow Storm
(getting Fear instead of Dark Wind at lvl 4 can make killing much easier against physical champions.)

After level 6. Crow Storm > Drain > Fear(stop at 4) > Dark Wind > Fear(5)
(Stop getting Fear after rank 4. Fear rank 5 doesnt make too much of a difference but getting dark wind 1 lvl earlier can be a lot.)
--------------

Items:

1. Boots 1 + 3 mana potions or 2 mana potions 1 health potion if u are unsure.
2. Amplifying Tome > Mejaj's Soulstealer
3. Sorc Boots
4. Fiendish Codex
5. Blasting Wand > Rod of Age
6. Deathfire Grasp
(at this point u should have around 300-400ap)
7. Zhonya's Ring
8. Zhonya's Ring.

I doubt games would last that long for u to get 2 zhonya's ring.
--------------

Okay. The most common problem with fiddlesticks i see these days is. they don't know how to use their ultimate.
To make it simple. You join the fight last. you jump in with your ultimate. exhaust a physical assassin champion. fear + drain a caster. That's a for 2 kills already and u should only aim for 2 kills . anything more is a bonus. i tried to get greedy before. i exhaust 1 champ. fear 1 champ. and drain a third champ. i end up not getting a kill at all.

I usually solo middle with Fiddlesticks. against champs like teemo ashe twitch and other assassin physical champions. i usually get 2 champion kill before level 6. enough to get mejaj's soulstealer and when i get lvl 6 i will gank either top on bot. depending on who needs more help. Then after the first 3-4 ganks. it turns into a teamfight. because people are afraid to get ganked by my fiddlesticks.

So for the middle game, don't be afraid to run towards enemy with 50% health cause u have drain. It happened so many times that they think they can kill me but i used my drain on them and they died.

At around lvl 8 with JUST Your drain and fear up. u can SOLO 2 melee champions. fear + drain one of them, use dark wind to finish him off. cause he think he is ganking u with his buddy and he can kill u. But his wrong. after u finish one off. start running into the nearest bush. wait for the other champion to chase after u. and just rinse and repeat. fear+drain. finish off with dark wind.

at around lvl 10 they should start ganking you more. because you are squishy.. and u piss them off by killing them countless times and with ur book stack to 20. As fiddlesticks i usually lure enemies into my teamates and when they jump in. u hide in bush and cast crow storm asap. also use flash to catch whoever is fleeing.

many people say fiddlesticks cant push. well. he cant do enough damage to push turrets fast enough. but when my team is winning. those last 3 turrets in the enemies base is the hardest to take out. what you do is... have your teammate run in with minions to attack the turret. and u jump in with your ultimate. and as u jump in. ping a enemy. telling your teammates to start attacking them. Your ultimate is enough to kill anyone if they stay for the whole duration.

As of now.. i don't know what else to add.. if i can think of anymore ill add it to my guide.
i don't mind negative feed backs. and if u wanna check out my profile in game.. u can go ahead. its "yesimazn".

Amranu

03-08-2010

Use proper grammar and spelling please, use 'you' instead of 'u' etc. Otherwise a decent guide.

rewt

03-09-2010

risky and wont work in high-elo games where they are 5 man roaming gank squads with cc. all that risk in the lvl 30 mid to upper end will get you snowballed.

thank you for contributing tho, interesting take but the silence is way more important my fren. in higher level games people wont be alone for you to kill

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-09-2010

Are you aware that Fiddle has poor AP scaling ratio's? You wouldn't gain alot more from a Void Staff than a Zhonya's with Fiddle, let alone 2 x Zhonya's, that's just a waste of g as Zhonya's don't stack.

Tbh, instead of a second Zhonya's you'd be better with a Abyssal or even a Frozen Heart as at least that would slow people who are in your ulti.

Tho with a Deathfire aswell you'd be over your Cd max.

Mios

03-09-2010

considering his spells hit multiple times, he actually has some of the best AP ratios, making it so that his spells deal 2-3x the ap you have before they're finished.

Riot aBhorsen

eSports Coordinator

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mios View Post
considering his spells hit multiple times, he actually has some of the best AP ratios, making it so that his spells deal 2-3x the ap you have before they're finished.
Ah but the amount of damage they do isn't efficiently increased due to his AP. So with the argument you put forward, yes Dark wind and his Ulti "hit" multiple times but this would be more benficial if your attacks are hitting with more Magic Penetration as they will dmg your target more.

yesimazn

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by aBhorsenn View Post
Ah but the amount of damage they do isn't efficiently increased due to his AP. So with the argument you put forward, yes Dark wind and his Ulti "hit" multiple times but this would be more benficial if your attacks are hitting with more Magic Penetration as they will dmg your target more.
well stacking ap actually helps me kill a lot before in end game. cuz in ganks.. that happens late game people arent gonna spread out just cuz u dark wind.. if they do.. they will die from my teamtes.. but if they dont.... dark wind is gonna do massive damage due to the bounces thats why i think dark wind is more useful late game.. while drain is more useful in early games to keep u alive in ganks

yesimazn

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rewt View Post
risky and wont work in high-elo games where they are 5 man roaming gank squads with cc. all that risk in the lvl 30 mid to upper end will get you snowballed.

thank you for contributing tho, interesting take but the silence is way more important my fren. in higher level games people wont be alone for you to kill
usually people wont be ganking till lvl 6. this build will grant u atleast 2 u kills before lvl 6 if ur doing well. and people wont expect a fiddle to be able to take damage from 2 gankers.. with drain. its possible.

Ironworker

03-09-2010

Besides the obvious flaws (2x zhonyas, really?) that were pointed out already, your guide simply doesn't work for high level games.

It is also pointless to "show off" your stats. You haven't been getting in games with good players yet.

The point of fiddlesticks is not to do a lot of dmg (ala AP) but to be a solid controller in team fights.

Here are some bro(pro) tips:

1. AP scales terribly with fiddle. Additional ability power is not worth the HP/damage mitigation you'll gain otherwise.

2. Boots as first item? You're not melee and you cannot do serious dmg at level 1, what is the point of boots? Get dorans or just sapphire depending on enemy team comp.

3. Drain as the first skill is only good if you decide to do the lesser jungle creep early. Otherwise Dark Wind is far superior in lane control and harassment.

4. Banshee's Veil and Mercury Treads should be the first items you complete, otherwise you are just asking for it.

5. Soloing heroes? LoL isn't about soloing heroes. As fiddles, you have no need to solo heroes. Be a good team player because every single one of your abilities can influence a team fight.

6. Meijas is only useful medium-late game. You can choose Meijas before Banshees only if the enemy team doesn't have any good crowd control or your front lines clearly outclass enemy. This situation is rare and far between.

A fiddlesticks shouldn't be played like Ryze, where people stack AP. Learn the role within the overall team and play accordingly.

Ironworker

03-09-2010

In addition, 21 points into utility tree doesn't do much for fiddle. If you guys really want a good guide that actually translates in high level play, read the tank fiddlesticks guide. That's what I call a useful guide.