Cassiopeia - Turn off smart cast Q?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Acrylm

05-05-2011

Is there a way to turn her Q smart cast off? It's pretty fun to smart cast her Q but I dislike not knowing exactly the range. I also feel more in control when I can activate and pick the location

Everybody, including Phreak in the spotlight, says to change the skill to smart-cast, but it seems to already be a smart cast by default.

Fluffy1

05-05-2011

it is indeed smart casted always, theres no way to turn it off, you learn the range in time otherwise hover the mouse over the spell button to see the range circle while moving around.

Draghinaazzo

05-05-2011

pretty sure there is a way to turn it off, since there is a way to make other spells smart casted (ashe ult is popular) just haven't figured it out.

kunai chain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Above me your wrong,
you can turn a 'target' spell into a smart cast
but you can't turn an already smart cast in a 'target' spell

e.g. cass' Q, karthus Q, I think urgots Q
but you can change target spells to smart cast
mundos Q, caitlyns Q

Silent Reaper

05-05-2011

^ Exactly.

Acrylm

05-05-2011

Now that I think about it, I believe people were saying to turn her E to smart cast. My bad

LaughingWalrus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

yea it seems like pretty crappy design, because you can't see the aoe of it either.

same is true for karthus lay waste.

this thread is now a petition to turn cass/karth q into targeted AoE, with an option to smartcast.

JudoPunch

05-05-2011

.... The Aoe is small, and the skill is ment to be spammed. If you play the champion more than once, you learn the range, if you would like to double check the range mouse over the icon. Making it not smart cast would make it almost impossible to chane hits on competent opponents. The APM requirement would go UP making it harder if it wasnt smart-cast, for such a direct spell.....

Trueblack

05-05-2011

Since i started to play all champions with Q,W,E smartcast mode, i cant play again in the old way, its simply too great to back to push + click.

KPloggz

05-05-2011

Why would you not want it smart cast? Ever play an Ezreal or Annie with smart cast? Get combo'd out the ass and killed in .25 seconds flat.