Tanky DSP Counter

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

heathenscum

05-05-2011

It seems like the role of off tank is gone and tanky dps has taken its place. My question is how to you counter this? I'm still level 28 so i can't do ranked games but even so a team with 3 tanky dps is going to stop pretty much anyone else. For example last game I played with a well balance team. We had singed, renekton, ezreal, sona and sivir. We were against rumble, renekton, xin zhou, ezreal and urgot
The big problem is that rumble, renekton or xin zhou would take near the entire team to kill and during this entire time they would be dealing nearly as much damage to us as we were dealing to them.
It literally requires 3 or 4 of us to take down one of them without one of us dying.

So this is strategy right? how do you counter these champions? Do you just have to get one yourself?

73lack Valor

05-05-2011

last whisper, black cleaver. watch them melt.

VoidBro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

The probably with your team is that u kinda lacked CC. Renekton has a short, close ranged Stun. Sona has an AoE stun but its a fairly high CD ultimate. The key to Tanky DPS is getting CC champs like Blitz and maybe replace Ignite with Exhaust.

Chingmeister

05-05-2011

There are only a few counters I know of that work somewhatish of the time.

Malz, with warmogs, cdr boots, dfg, void staff, and GA, building left to right. 39% CDR to spam % damage skill, with health to last through some tank dps burst.

Atmogs Sivir, to tank and AoE the other team down.

Warmogs, boots, Atmas, Neg Cloak, Warmogs/FM, Warmogs/FM.

There is no such thing as a counter to 5 players who are naturally tanky with 1k total damage burst each that does not include:

1) A ton of hp
2) Armor/MR
3) The highest AoE sustained damage skills in the game

3) can be found on tanky-dps, Malz, Sivir, and Anivia.

corallein

05-05-2011

With Sona, Sivir, Ezreal, and Singed? Poke and kite. And split push. And don't engage unless you have a clear advantage.

Their team has strictly more damage and tankiness and wins in a straight up team fight (assuming roughly equal farm on both sides).

Booterang

05-05-2011

with support and CC options. An example of a great 'counter' to bulky dps is nunu. He speeds up your carry, slows your opponents down. He is also difficult to kill through natural base stats.

Hotdogs

05-05-2011

tanky dps cannot poke

but when teams dont play properly and just smash against each other
more tank = more win

try tank karthus

Silent Reaper

05-05-2011

Kiting + CC + Last Whisper.

If they invest in Health but have no Magic Resist, get Madreds.

malphismia

05-05-2011

Tanky DPS are not inherently tanky. Irelia has no tank stats.. Xin only gets AR/MR from ult. They become tanky with their item builds. If they don't have their items build, they're just squishy DPS.

The best time and only time to counter them is laning phase. They're just melee champs, attack them when they move up to last hit, deny them xp/gold when you can. If they dash to you, they'll eat all your minion's attacks. And don't let them freefarm sidelanes for 15 minutes. You may say this is not a counter, but tanky DPS are more item-reliant than you think.

They must build tanky to survive melee range, so if you slow their build, you slow their effectiveness.

Eppa

05-05-2011

Coordination and passive play beat anything a.k.a. play better. LW is a help lategame, if the game is over by then it is over. There are no hard counters to anything in LoL (Oracle for example does not counter a good eve). Rather than looking to how to beat x focus on how can I play better.