Rads user Kernel

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RhynoD

05-04-2011

The rads user kernel.exe is behaving suspiciously. It's trying to get access to firefox, windows explorer, and the driver/user interface of my PC's remote control. Ok, firefox and explorer could make sense. But the program for my IR remote? This is among some other things. I use Comodo as my firewall/antivirus. Comodo asked if rad user kernel.exe could do things, and at first I said yes, but as the targets got more and more odd I said no.

Long story short: is this suspicious or am I just paranoid?

JohnCataldo

05-05-2011

Since the new patcher, my machine has been crashing quite a bit more, even when I'm just leaving LoL idle in the background. I suspect there's a problem with rad_user_kernel.exe, which is sad since I'd like to still play LoL... hard to do when my computer locks up only when LoL is open.

Is it safe to kill rad_user_kernel.exe once the game has launched?

Amarin

05-05-2011

any kernels are viruses , riot is trying to get access to your pc over the game since its running in the background u wont see , but well why the fack does game need any aceess to any thing anyways ? because its virus , everything that do something not needed for the game its a virus , and riot is probably some kind of zombs implanted with micro chips from japanZ or chineh

well the point is its time to delete LoL from my HDD i dun need any progs that need access to smoething that they dont need at all to run

RhynoD

05-05-2011

Amarin, that sounds dumb. Kernels are not viruses.

Riot staff: Seriously, though, I just launched LoL and Comodo stopped rads user kernel.exe from accessing AIM. Why exactly does the launcher need to access my messenger? Has the launcher been infected by a virus or something? Either way, this needs to stop.

Kilrathi

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

bump - mine's doing the same, hitting my antivirus and all sorts of other programs. What's going on here? Anyone find an answer? Is this a Comodo false-positive or something else?

NlNEBREAKER

05-11-2011

It keeps continuously freezing all my browsers. Equivalent of malware. Yay...

KainFromNod

Recruiter

05-17-2011

I'm getting the same error - I use COMODO firewall and it keeps telling that rads_user_kernel.exe is trying to remotely control "program x", where x is every program in execution - explorer, live messenger, chrome etc.
Is there a virus infecting it? This isnt normal behavior from a game.

StalkinU2

05-17-2011

BUMP

i'd like some riot explanation here,
and NOT the kind of explanation thats says its all your own faulth

aManFromReno

05-19-2011

You guys think it is possibly scanning existing processes for hack apps? I don't know what it could find by *accessing* them any more than simply seeing process names, but also don't know if peeking at the process name counts as "access" to that process.

12345 ... 7