[Champion Suggestion] Nemhain the Alpha Prioress

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Samus93

07-26-2011

Well i hope everythings going ok for you, i actually havent checked the forums in about 3 weeks either but ye, good luck with everything. Maybe i'll find time soon to do everything i was planning to as well

Katsuni

07-27-2011

Yarr it's okeis, I haven't had much time either, or well, the time I've had has been busy elsewhere.

Shame, but whot can yeu do? Shall try to get this fixed up soon and finished, but no promises :O

Katsuni

08-03-2011

Been toying around with the appearance of how I want her to look, nothing too fancy yet, just a couple of sketches as I'm kind of busy elsewhere right now.

However, I'm kind of happy with the overall design at the moment, so going to upload the latest sketch here.

There's a lot of minor little things that annoy me about it, such as the eyes being slightly off in the direction they're facing and such, and other tiny things like that, but it's descent enough for a 10 minute sketch, and goes overall give the impression of how I want her to look =3

If I find time later on, maybe I'll tidy it up in photoshop and add some colouring and such. I dunno, doubt I'll be able to, but maybe.

A Master Baiter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-03-2011

wow... this champ sounds fun and well thought out...
i tried finding flaws...im sorry that i could not +1

Katsuni

08-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by t43BAWS View Post
wow... this champ sounds fun and well thought out...
i tried finding flaws...im sorry that i could not +1
Thanks glad to hear XD

And yeah, I've been working on her for months now, so I think I've managed to work out most of the flaws. I think the passive may need a few minor tweaks still but I'm not sure, as it's really hard to tell without play testing at this point.

If someone can find flaws at this point, great, but I'm not sure there are any left that can be found via theory crafting. I'm all for making further refinements and updates if such are required, but I think she's pretty much done at this point, other than things like icons, a model, that kinda stuff.

...Shame though, had time earlier to catch up on reviews and posting stuff... and the forum was down for a few hours straight. Figures >.>

Katsuni

10-08-2011

Making some adjustments and some tweaks for balance due to recent changes in playstyle and the metagame in general.

Healers have been severely crippled, and while the self-healers have not been touched, I'm a lil more cautious about this. The addition of dominion, and some other global balance tweaks, such as item changes, have led me to rethink the design.

For the most part, she'll stay about the same as before, with some minor tweaks to healing capacity and such. Her passive, however, is getting a minor make over, so that she'll be capable of fighting other tanks toe to toe much better, yet weaker healing capacity.

Due to these changes, and the fact I'm removing some text, the previous abilities will be listed in this post.
------------------------------
Abilities:

Quote:
Passive: Battlelust
Quote:
Nemhain is addicted, pure and simply, to combat. When not actively tearing something apart, she grows impatient, her desire to kill rising rapidly. When shedding blood, it only heightens her desire to kill, and she feeds directly from her enemies.

Regains 2 Bloodthirst per second, up to 100 maximum. Each melee hit also gains 10 additional Bloodthirst. "Cooldown Reduction" directly increases how fast she gains Bloodthirst, both passively and from combat. 40% CDR = +40% more Bloodthirst. Additionally, each melee hit causes the "Bloodied" effect upon the enemy damaged, granting unit sight and reducing the targets armour and magic resistance by 20% for 6 seconds. Applying the bloodied effect to a non-bloodied target deals 7.5% of the targets current health as magic damage, and heals Nemhain for 7.5% of her missing health. Attacking enemies which are already bloodied, causes each melee hit to deal 2.5% of the targets current health as magic damage, and heals Nemhain for 2.5% of her missing health.

Purpose: This has a dual purpose. First off, it's part of her resource system and is designed to make her want to stay in combat, instead of backing off. Second, it also is meant so that she won't arrive at a battle completely empty, such as Renekton, which is a terrible idea on a tank as they need to be at full power in the first 3 seconds of a group fight, which matter the most for a tank, but not at the cost of being helpless past that point. The other half of this innate passive, is the actual passive part, which is meant to allow her to jungle easier, and to encourage her to attack multiple targets in a fight. As she has to hit them in melee, this also controls how her abilities are used and in which order. The healing has another side benefit of being a passive, in that it allows her to heal back up by not using abilities, as her abilities all drain health to use, not only Bloodthirst. Everything about her, but especially her passive, is designed to encourage her to act like a tank.

20th June Change reasoning: The update, which changes the healing from a scaling damage over time which healed her, to a flat hit with a reduction, was done for several reasons. First, this change makes it so that she does more initial damage and healing, which still encourages her to hit multiple targets and change targets frequently. As it does the most damage to high health targets, this makes it more effective offensively at the start of a fight. As it heals her based on her missing health, it also encourages her to stay a little bit lower on health than she might be otherwise, which is something I really wanted to emphasize. I really want her to be sticking around at 50% health and staying until the end of a fight, and this method works well for such. It also limits her healing and damage output significantly without items, as she was honestly too strong in both regards before. The armour/magic resist addition is a carry over from her ultimate, which had this effect removed. I want her to prep enemies for slaughter by her teammates, but she shouldn't have to use her ultimate on random targets needlessly to do so. I changed the purpose of her ultimate a bit, to be a "punishment" for leaving her the last one alive, which was supposed to be like that in the first place, and that doesn't really work if it's supposed to both aid teammates... and be more useful when there's no team mates around. It should be a clear counter, not strong on both ends of the spectrum.
Q Skill: Feral Charge
Quote:
Nemhain dashes at a targeted enemy, slashing at them with both her axes and lands behind them. If the target is bloodied, she also slows the target, lasting longer the farther away they are from her initial casting position. There is no cooldown on the skill itself, instead, it can only target individual enemies every so often, as they gain a buff which prevents them from being charged again for a short time.

Purpose: The changes are minor, but important. The cost has gone up considerably due to how her passive, ultimate, and "Bloodied" effect have been changed, but also, the slow was reversed to be stronger in melee, allowing her to chase, but making it more effective to slow an enemy that she knocks back into her allies than to be used as a chasing tool. The odd double-AP+AD scaling has been changed as well, now that her W benefits her AD, I wanted her to be a little more clear on that.

20th June Change reasoning: The update on here is small, being a change from 8% of her maximum health, to 5% of her current health. This lets her get below half health pretty quickly when spamming at the start of a fight, where she's at her strongest, but does not harm her significantly once she is that low. The idea is to get her low on health and stay there through healing. This minor, but significant, change allows her to do this much more effectively, since beforehand, she would be killing herself faster than her enemies would be.

Targets allowed: Enemy champions
Range: 800
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being targeted by Feral Charge again for 10 seconds (Creates a BLUE CIRCLE icon of an AXE over their head that gradually fades as the timer runs out.)
Slow duration: 3.0 at melee, to 1.5 at max range
Bloodthirst cost: 27.5
Health cost: 5% of current health

Rank 1: Charges at the target, dealing 60% of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 20%, and damage increases to 90%.
Rank 2: Charges at the target, dealing 70% of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 24% and damage increases to 105%.
Rank 3: Charges at the target, dealing 80% of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 28% and damage increases to 120%.
Rank 4: Charges at the target, dealing 90% of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 32% and damage increases to 135%.
Rank 5: Charges at the target, dealing 100% of Nemhain's attack damage, and landing behind them. If the target is bloodied, their movement speed is also slowed by 36% and damage increases to 150%.
W skill: Matronage

Quote:
Nemhain does not accept her 'children', as she thinks of the others under her protection, to be harmed, and will dive in front of them to take a hit that was meant for someone else. As she does this more often, she also becomes significantly more aggressive.

Purpose: This was added as a way to help her "guard" allies, and to give her a "snowball" effect of sorts, which would encourage enemies to further try to focus her down. The damage bonus works nicely with both her passive, as well as her Q, Feral Charge. Combined with her Q, she can move pretty much unhindered around the battlefield, being where ever she needs to be immediately. Combined with her other abilities, this should leave her without the need for a direct taunt ability.

20th June Change reasoning: The changes here, again, are minor, but significant. The health cost has been completely removed, as she's already going to be eating the next attack or spell cast on that target, so being doubly penalized seemed kinda silly. I also specified that the buff it gives to allied champions only lasts 2 seconds, meaning she can't just bounce to all her allies and they're all immune. Instead, she has to actively time it to intercept abilities, such as if Veigar's ultimate is flying through the air towards LeBlanc, she needs to intercept it in the air, rather than just put it up early. EDIT: A minor change after this, increased bloodthirst cost to 10 from 0, so that she can't spam it mindlessly, but won't feel crippled and unable to cast if needed in most situations.

Targets allowed: Allied champions
Range: 650
Cooldown: Allies gain a buff that prevents them from being targeted by Matronage again for 7 seconds (Creates a GREEN TRIANGLE icon over their head, shaped like a SHIELD that gradually fades as the timer runs out.)
Duration: 2 seconds
Bloodthirst cost: 10
Health cost: 0

Rank 1: Teleports in front of target allied champion and the effect of the next enemy champion attack or ability is instead directed to Nemhain. Damage from the attack is reduced by 30 +60% of her AP. Each time she intercepts an attack or ability like this, Nemhain gains +1 bonus attack damage, to a maximum of 20, losing half upon her death.
Rank 2: Teleports in front of target allied champion and the effect of the next enemy champion attack or ability is instead directed to Nemhain. Damage from the attack is reduced by 60 +70% of her AP. Each time she intercepts an attack or ability like this, Nemhain gains +1.5 bonus attack damage, to a maximum of 30, losing half upon her death.
Rank 3: Teleports in front of target allied champion and the effect of the next enemy champion attack or ability is instead directed to Nemhain. Damage from the attack is reduced by 90 +80% of her AP. Each time she intercepts an attack or ability like this, Nemhain gains +2 bonus attack damage, to a maximum of 40, losing half upon her death.
Rank 4: Teleports in front of target allied champion and the effect of the next enemy champion attack or ability is instead directed to Nemhain. Damage from the attack is reduced by 120 +90% of her AP. Each time she intercepts an attack or ability like this, Nemhain gains +2.5 bonus attack damage, to a maximum of 50, losing half upon her death.
Rank 5: Teleports in front of target allied champion and the effect of the next enemy champion attack or ability is instead directed to Nemhain. Damage from the attack is reduced by 150 +100% of her AP. Each time she intercepts an attack or ability like this, Nemhain gains +3 bonus attack damage, to a maximum of 60, losing half upon her death.

E skill: Decimation

Quote:
Slamming an enemy with the flat side of one of her axes, she sends the target flying. If the target is Bloodied, also silences them upon landing. Has no cooldown on itself but is instead prevented from targeting the same target again for a duration.

Purpose: This is meant to set enemies up for being torn apart by allies, or to be used in a gank scenario if she's jungling. Utilizing her other abilities, she can pop out of nowhere, slow an enemy, remove their defenses, and knock them back into her team mates, slowed and silenced, allowing a few free seconds of attacking them. This is a much more involved and complex method of essentially "taunting" an enemy, that requires more skill on the players' part, but can be significantly more rewarding if done well.

20th June Change reasoning: Same change as for her Q; it now does 5% of current health, rather than 6% of maximum. Her lower health regeneration from her updated passive, paired with it going against her entire intended play style, was just broken, and was adjusted accordingly.

Range: Melee
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being decimated again for 12 seconds (Creates a Creates a YELLOW HEXAGON icon of a PAW WITH CLAWS over their head that gradually fades as the timer runs out.)
Bloodthirst Cost: 27.5
Health Cost: 5% of Current health

Rank 1: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 400 distance away and dealing 40 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 1 second, and damage increases to 60 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 2: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 500 distance away and dealing 60 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 1.5 second, and damage increases to 90 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 3: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 600 distance away and dealing 80 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 2 second, and damage increases to 120 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 4: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 700 distance away and dealing 100 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 2.5 second, and damage increases to 150 (+0.9 AP).
Rank 5: Backhands the target, knocking them back up to 800 distance away and dealing 120 (+0.6 AP) damage. If the target is bloodied, they are also silenced for 3 second, and damage increases to 180 (+0.9 AP).
R skill: Frenzy (Ultimate)

Quote:
Nemhain revels in combat, and is not at home unless she's drenched in blood, be it her own, her enemies, her allies, it really doesn't matter, but like any animal, she is at her most dangerous when she's either wounded, or her "children" are harmed or killed. Passively, the lower on health she becomes, the greater her damage reduction against incoming sources and the faster her attack speed becomes. Also, when activated, she bites an enemy, dealing damage. If the target is bloodied, then Frenzy gains enhanced damage and heals Nemhain for a portion of her missing health, based on the number of allies who are wounded or dead. Has no cooldown on itself, but is instead prevented from targeting the same target again for a duration.

Purpose: The passive effect was updated into her ultimate, and the healing migrated into her innate passive so that she wouldn't be forced to pick an ability while jungling. This new functionality, encourages her to engage in combat and stay there, even when low on health. It also grants her significantly stronger allied support, as she's supposed to be fighting with her allies anyways as a tank. Combined with her Q and E, she can set enemies up perfectly for her team mates to tear them apart. This also works well with her new W's bonus, further encouraging enemies to attack her without needing a taunt.

20th June Change reasoning: Before hand, this did too much damage and set enemies up for damage by her allies... which was nice, but it wasn't whot I wanted from her ultimate, so some of this was migrated over to her passive. Instead, she should really be fighting at low life, and encouraging enemies to attack her first and foremost over all her allies. As such, she now does flat damage with the initial attack, but can now also heal herself and deal additional damage if her allies are wounded or dead. This change makes her much harder to kill if she's the last one standing, and I do want enemies to kill her first, so the overall reduction on her damage reduction has been dropped from 35/50/65% to 20/35/50% instead. This makes her substantially easier to kill now if she's not the last one standing, but if her allies are AoE'd down or she's killed last, she will be near impossible to put down for good. Overall, she SHOULD be the first to die, because that's her job as a tank. If her allies manage to bring the enemy team down to low health, and she's the last one standing because they ignored the tank, then she is now properly equipped to decimate a 4v1 against her if the enemy team is all low on life and her own team is all backing off to heal or are dead. Leaving the tank to be the last target to kill and just whittling her down after all her allies are dead, is not supposed to be a valid option. She is supposed to draw fire without resorting to a cheesy taunt, and these changes should emphasize that point properly, and equally properly punish those who ignore her until the end of a fight.

Range: Melee
Cooldown: Enemies gain a buff that prevents them from being targeted by Frenzy again for 6 seconds (Creates a RED SQUARE icon of a pair of FANGS over their head that gradually fades as the timer runs out.)
Bloodthirst cost: 35
Health Cost: 5% of Current health
Passive Benefit: For every 1% health Nemhain is missing, she attacks 0.4/0.7/1.0% faster and takes 0.2/0.35/0.5% reduced damage. This is active at all times once learned.
Scaling: To clarify, this ability does not scale from attack damage, nor ability power, unless there are allies below 50% health or dead and the targets are already bloodied. If so, then it scales directly off total attack damage.

Rank 1: Deals 125 physical damage to the targeted enemy. If the target is Bloodied, this attack also deals an additional +15% of her attack damage for each ally on the map below 50% health, or +30% of her attack damage for each ally who is dead, and she is healed for 5/10% of her missing health for each wounded/dead ally.
Rank 2: Deals 175 of her physical damage to the targeted enemy. If the target is Bloodied, this attack also deals an additional +20% of her attack damage for each ally on the map below 50% health, or +40% of her attack damage for each ally who is dead, and she is healed for 5/10% of her missing health for each wounded/dead ally.
Rank 3: Deals 225 of her physical damage to the targeted enemy. If the target is Bloodied, this attack also deals an additional +25% of her attack damage for each ally on the map below 50% health, or +50% of her attack damage for each ally who is dead, and she is healed for 5/10% of her missing health for each wounded/dead ally.

Samus93

10-13-2011

Hey Katsuni! Been ages since I was on here aye, might need to update a few of my own champs I'll jump straight in as i dont have much to say:

1. The amount of Bloodthirst that Nemhain has now is great, seems like a small thign to just make it ten times larger, but i think it allows greater control of individual costs and the like. Plus big numbers makes people feel safe :P (however make sure you change the total to 1000 in the Passive description, otherwise people might get confused lol)

2. I see that you made the passive slightly stronger again, but i don't have a problem with it as i have a feeling this champ is not gonna be sitting there attacking the same enemy over and over. Still dealing a lot of damage, but that's what her whole game-play is based on so meh

3. Sorry man, i know I've been going on about this since the start (and i have given up with the other abilities) however i just realised that your ultimate doesn't have a c/d either ...... so I'm gonna keep being annoying and say add a 10 second one on here. I know, i know, Nemhain shouldn't have c/d's. It's just that this ability can do a lot of damage and i can see it being extremely over-abused. Again, its up to you, but I'm almost as adamant about this as I was for Decimation ....

And that is seriously it, if there's anything else wrong with her then I can't see it. Now we just gotta wait for Riot to show some love too

Katsuni

10-14-2011

Yays thanksies, I've finally started working on a sculpt of her head last night, got about 2 hours in or so, looking kinda descent but it'll need considerably more time to make it really pretties. Still, it's coming along nicely for the moment, so hopefully will have a nice looking one soon. I'm still kinda new to mudbox, so it's taking longer than it should, but oh well =3

Anyways lessee!

1: Thanks for pointing out the passive, missed that and missed reading over it repeatedly XD So hard to see typos when yeu read whot yeu think should be there, rather than whot is =3 Anyways, I mostly just did it because it made more sense with the increments of 5 over 0.5 values, and it won't be quite as messy with the % value gains from CDR. It also made it easier to set the on hit to be +75 from 100 instead of 10 to 7.5 which would've been awkward. Overall, minor change, doesn't really matter, but makes it easier to work with and understand.

2: The passive is a lil bit stronger, but at the same time, her bloodthirst generation is down on melee hits by about 25%, so wanted to make up for that change, since she won't be actively using abilities as often now, so a minor boost to damage on the passive doesn't much hurt. And yes, she's supposed to do moderate damage output, but I stripped her of a good chunk of the healing. On average, she got between 10-20% increased damage on the passive damage (which was weak to begin with), and lost 20-35% of the healing on the passive, figure it's a fair trade off. I was going to change the ultimate's healing, due to dominion, but changed my mind on it since dominion doesn't have much need for tanks, so she'd need a way to be useful instead of a dead pick.

3: Since yeu suggested it, it does kinda make sense... it's been tweaked over and over, and now it actually does kinda sting a good amount more than it should. She should really only be getting one main hit in on each person, typically, and the state of 6 seconds cooldown, was short enough to make her blow it at the start of a fight. Considering most fights last about 5-10 seconds in higher end games, it'd be too good to spam it early fight and again late fight. So, I doubled the 6 second per target to 12, which isn't QUITE whot yeu were asking for... yeu wanted it to only be used at all once per 10 seconds, but this way probably fits the playstyle better. If she's surrounded by targets that're low on life and her whole team is dead, she SHOULD win, because it means they ignored the tank or just spammed AoE, and she's supposed to hard counter that without a taunt. As such, I still want her to be able to hit each target once, I just don't want her pewpewing people MORE than once, or wasting her ulti too soon in a fight. I think the 12 seconds is probably just long enough to make people hesitate on spamming it too soon. Playtesting would be required to verify this.

Anyway, thanks for the help =3 As for "waiting for riot to show some love too", somehow I don't think they'll ever admit to having seen it XD If they DO touch it at all, they'd probably want it to slide off the front page and be forgotten, while they make a champion based on the same concept of no-timer abilities quietly. Which probably wouldn't look anything like this, out of fear of getting sued.

*IF* someone at Riot does want this... lemme know peoples! I can, and will, sign over full consent to use the design, and will send all maya, mudbox, photoshop files, as well as any sketches, stories, or anything else I may've done involving her. If yeu're THAT interested in it, I'll even make a full, official character design package, and send it over as a PDF, and yeu can pay me a tiny bit based on the costs of whot a normal employee would be paid, and poof, there, done. All legal issues fixed.

Or yeu could just hire me *cough* and that'd fix the problem too >.>;;

Not that anyone's going to read this, but yeu have options to work with ^.~ I'd probably even accept no pay at all, so long as I was credited with the design and/or allowed to use it on my demo reel and state that I have worked on an AAA title game.

Anyway, there'll be a fiction story posted shortly, about Nemhain's journey to the league (and subsequent dismissal from it, since she won't be implimented, I have that figured out too =3 ), as well as a mudbox sculpture of the head. Shall be working on the body model, rigging it and so on in a lil bit, but am kind of busy right now so it'll be awhile. Can't blow 100 hours a week on this as I may have once done.

Thanks again Samus93, and everyone else who's given suggestions ^^ Like I've always said, no one knows everything, not even me, and our judgement is biased towards our own work, making it difficult to see errors of judgement. Lemme know if anyone can see anything at all <3

Samus93

10-15-2011

Ye that artwork sounds amazing, I've never really been all that good at 3D modelling and such. So that should be good, i'll be sure to keep checking back for that haha your little speech about the champ-crafting is so true, i don't think many of us actually want payment for the idea we just want to make a contribution to the game and get the credit for it. I don't see it happening but it would be nice. The lore should be interesting as well, although i dont care much for that unless I'm rightign it myself. Does set the champ up nicely though ....

So ye, i may be adding to more champ suggestions up here soon, have a few unique spells and a (possibly) game changing mechanic that I'd like to mess around with. Ok if i post a link here for you to have a look? i realise your heaps busy, so take your time lol although I haven't finished either of them yet :P i'll find time, I'm sure. anywayz i'll keep checking back here for any changes you make, and good luck with everything aye

Katsuni

10-16-2011

Mmm, I wouldn't even care if they stole the idea, honestly. Well, not much XD

I certainly wouldn't sue over it, but I'd like a tiny lil bit of recognition, but that's optional. Considering I have all the original files, and they're dated, I'd be able to make use of it anyway.

Funny though... Riot's become a top name in the business in such a short time, with millions of players... yet on the release date of LoL, I called gamestop to see if they had a copy, and they'd never even heard of the game before, so I had been forced to buy it online.

Now, they're worried about legal issues from being such a big name that peoples think they have monies to throw away XD

Oh well, still, <3 Riot, YEU GUYZ DUN GUUD!

So yeah, would like to finish off the 3d model and the storyline I'm writing for her, hopefully will be able to get both done soon. More stuffs is more stuffs =3

Good luck on finishing yeur own mechanic stuffs to work with, I'll help if I can ^^