[Champion Suggestion] Nemhain the Alpha Prioress

12345678 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Katsuni

06-23-2011

Finished up a quick model of one of her axes... not textured or anything, but it was kind of a rush job since I'd just reinstalled Maya and wanted to do something nice and easy to start with.

Will do some texturing of it in a little bit, possibly tomorrow. Of course, that also involves reinstalling photoshop and trying to find my tablet XD

Anyways, hoping to have a sculpt of her head done in a few days, and possibly a character model afterwards. Ideally, within a few weeks (I'm more than a little busy with other stuff... and use most of my spare time relaxing as I need it XD ), should have a finished and textured model with full rig controls and some animations like an attack or dance animation hopefully.

Maybe not on the dance, those ones are rough XD

Dremora Brimston

06-23-2011

so dual battle axes probably with blood on them

Katsuni

06-23-2011

Yeps, I also want to make the blades look a bit chipped and worn from use, along with some nice fire effects along the inner edges and some runes carved in there too, but that's all part of the texturing so it can't be seen right now.

Soon! Just not yet XD

And yes, I'll check yeur stuffs out soon, headed to bed in a few moments though, been up all night getting back into the modeling thing again after months of slacking O.o

Dremora Brimston

06-23-2011

cool have a good sleep

Katsuni

06-24-2011

Small update here, got two preliminary concept sketches for the icons done for the moment. Want to have a kinda white on black creepy feel, which I've loved in so many places, but after I'd already decided upon this, I was watching Hellsing ultimate OVA earlier today, and was like oooh more awesome stuffs with the white on black creepyness XD

Anyways, I like the concept behind it, and think it works well with her.

Would've liked to have had more done, but had to deal with several things today which kept me mostly busy playing damage control. Bleh ;_;

Whotever. Pictures!

Dremora Brimston

06-24-2011

interesting theme to your icons i like the bone smile kinda look to it its pretty cool

Samus93

06-26-2011

hey man, the model of the axe is awesome. I thought they were gonna be a bit more half-moon shaped, but that looks pretty sick. I know you havent gone into too much detail yet, but maybe add like a sweet 'butt' on the tip of the hilt (like how most swords have claws clutching a gem or something) - would just look cool and would add symetry to my other idea: keep the ball-like thing where the two blades meet, but add a small spike that is only about half the length of the blades so it makes a (,) like shape. Again, its just an idea and concept art really isnt my thing (like looking at it, just i'm unimaginative) but i reckon it would look cool. And ye, keep up the good work man

Katsuni

06-26-2011

Yarr headed to bed here in a sec, but yeah, the original sketches I had laid out in my sketch pad had 4 little claws at the bottom orb of it, still debating whether to keep those or not.

Thing is, I want a high resolution model for main design, so I can know whot I want it to look like, and then a low res model for "In game", which would be far, far lower poly count. The axe there already is sitting at about 1930polycount XD

Mostly because it's in smooth and I needed the extra edge loops to hold the shape properly when doing that.

The game wouldn't be running smoothed at all, and would rely on texturing to do the same effects. I'd expect the axe to be something like 200 or so instead in the finalized version.

I'm still trying to figure out if they use bump mapping or normal maps or anything in LoL... it's really hard to tell with the toon shader they use which eats up all the detail.

Anyways, I'll work on this some more later. I still have to review dremora's thingie, and a few others I've meant to do for a couple days now, and need to teach someone to play magi nation tomorrow and the next day as I promised to do that to two people, and then there's a bunch of financial stuff, groceries, house cleaning, job hunting, blah blah blah.

Gawd just shoot me now, it'd hurt less XD

Oh yeah, while I think of it: http://images.wikia.com/diablo/image...dts-reaver.gif

This is whot the original thought process was, since I remembered how much I loved the Diablo 1 messerschmidts reaver appearance. It was so... axe-like XD

I decided to lengthen it up a bit though, because I noticed the handle was so short it'd be almost impossible to swing without cutting yeur own arms, put some more emphasis on that neat lil Y shape on the orb in the middle, and changed the blades a bit so they wouldn't be quite so stocky.

The more I looked at the old image there, the more I realized it just looked too much like a meat cleaver pretending to be an axe. Perhaps that's where some of its' charm lies, but I kinda wanted it to be more axe-yish. Hopefully the adjustments have made it more so.

I might post the original sketches I did some time, not sure if I'll bother, or might just save them and post them all in some big compendium of sketches later on maybe, I dunno.

Samus93

06-29-2011

Bump ... looking forward to that artwork

Katsuni

07-22-2011

Thanks for the interest samus, and I am looking forwards to finishing this someday... however, the situation in real life at the moment, is such that most of my time has been spent playing damage control lately, or trying to keep from going insane. (It's not working too well, in either category XD )

As such, limited time and capability of doing much of anything. Apathy/anxiety are taking a bit too much of a toll to really be able to spend it properly on working on this right now.

Now, that being said, I do like the idea, and will probably find time eventually to finish working on her. I just don't have that luxury at this particular moment is all. Or, to really do much of anything with champions or LoL for the most part, other than the occasional game played.

Anyway, I'll get back to her soon as I can, so sorries for the delay!

12345678 ... 13