Amumu vs Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Myocardial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Galio, in comparison, isn't a tank. He's a far more viable (useful) champion to a team if there's another tank and he can build cdr/AP. Yes, his ultimate is a taunt. No, that doesn't mean he has to be built ultra tanky.

I find building galio mostly AP (with BV + sometimes a 2nd defensive item) can be very effective (strong). You do very good damage with your spells (which slow opponents and speed up yourself and allies) and can give yourself or allies additional defensives with your shield in a pinch. Not to mention actually doing significant damage with your ultimate.

paolini

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biraru View Post
Galio can poke. It's a lot weaker than before, it's not a deal breaker, it doesn't make Galio worth taking on your team in general but Galio can poke. Other tanks can't. It's his thing. He has synergy with a slow-pushing team.
never thought of it that way, i guess cho and maokai are the only other tanks with any form of ranged harrass(not counting shen swords). hmmmmmmm

paolini

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Guided View Post
Galio, in comparison, isn't a tank. He's a far more viable (useful) champion to a team if there's another tank and he can build cdr/AP. Yes, his ultimate is a taunt. No, that doesn't mean he has to be built ultra tanky.

I find building galio mostly AP (with BV + sometimes a 2nd defensive item) can be very effective (strong). You do very good damage with your spells (which slow opponents and speed up yourself and allies) and can give yourself or allies additional defensives with your shield in a pinch. Not to mention actually doing significant damage with your ultimate.
will try

edenechoes

05-04-2011

I'd build him "tanky." I like Sorceror's Shoes, Aegis of the Legion, Rylai's Crystal Scepter, Abyssal Scepter, Randuin's Omen, Rabadon's Deathcap.

I change this up a bit depending on various factors. Mercury's Treads, Void Staff and Banshee's Veil are probably the three most common swaps depending on the team. Also if someone else wants to be the Aegis carrier then you can skip that.

paolini

05-04-2011

almost like ryze, but AP(and/or MR) instead of mana?

edenechoes

05-04-2011

Don't worry about his passive and your magic resistance. Most teams will have enough damage diversity that you'll have to build equal amounts of magic resistance and armor. Build utility AP items based on the situation, and build tank items based on the opposing team and (hopefully) what your primary tank or support champions are building.

paolini

05-04-2011

another thing i noticed, hes pretty mana hungry early game, definitaly more so than amumu. any way to alteast lessen this?

mojozhu

05-04-2011

Galio spare the jungle for some other jungler who is more capable of handling it. Galio also have support function like speed up/slow/shield.

mojozhu

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by paolini View Post
another thing i noticed, hes pretty mana hungry early game, definitaly more so than amumu. any way to alteast lessen this?
Don't try to harass too much before your skill actually starts to deal damage. (At lest rank 2-3)

paolini

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojozhu View Post
Galio spare the jungle for some other jungler who is more capable of handling it. Galio also have support function like speed up/slow/shield.
so support/tank? does this still work while building towards more AP oriented items?