Amumu vs Galio

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

paolini

05-04-2011

is there any incentive to use galio over amumu? i have amumu and i was considering buying galio next, after playing him today ive noticed his ult is slightly better than amumu's, but is there any other reason to spend 6300?

dredmal

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

one advantage is galio is generally a stronger laner/harasser than amumu, so if you don't like jungling much you may enjoy him more

EDCLV

05-04-2011

galio can handle 1v2 lanes easily.
so if you have a roamer, galio is a great choice.

Treegrass

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

last pick to counter against a heavy ap team. but then again, why him over veigar against heavy ap?

KINGBETETE

05-04-2011

Galio seems to take a better beating, or at least in my experience also Galio is a very good baby sitter. Bulwark is really helpful during a team fight, especially if you cover your carry at the beginning of a team fight. Or you can bulwark yourself and ult the opposing team for a "painless ult" You'll lose very little health. But Amu has the ability to jungle so it is up to you. I prefer Galio over Amu any day.

01 2000

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeAsT102 View Post
last pick to counter against a heavy ap team. but then again, why him over veigar against heavy ap?
because you need a tank

edenechoes

05-04-2011

Galio is a sidelane utility AP champion. Although he has many of the defining features of a true-tank, you probably don't want him as your only initiator. You would take him when you want your AP burst spot to be fairly durable and initiation-capable with strong pokes, movement enablers, and counterinitiation / protection for your carry.

In this case, if your jungle is Amumu, you could sidelane Galio with Zilean or something, which would probably be nothing short of infuriating for the other team.

paolini

05-04-2011

good points, he just seems lacking. amumu is one of my favorite champs, but i cant jungle him(i jungle shen when i need jungle tank), but galios main harrass is a difficult to hit AoE, whereas amumu doesnt have a ton of difficulty with harrass. i guess the question is, is he worth it? i would really like to get galio

edenechoes

05-04-2011

I like Galio but if 6,300 IP is a big deal for you then you shouldn't buy him. You'd probably get more enjoyment out of buying multiple lesser priced champions, and he's probably not a "quality" purchase from a competitive standpoint. Flash - Idol of Durand is amazing though. Think Flash - Curse of the Sad Mummy or Flash - Pulverize, but 5,000 times more hilarious and teamwrecking.

Biraru

05-04-2011

Galio can poke. It's a lot weaker than before, it's not a deal breaker, it doesn't make Galio worth taking on your team in general but Galio can poke. Other tanks can't. It's his thing. He has synergy with a slow-pushing team.