AP/Tank Taric?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cathryes

05-04-2011

Should I focus on just tank items or go spilt for better heals and damanage for better off tank/suport

Provokage

05-05-2011

From what I've seen, Taric can do a insane amount of damage and healing when gone AP, that is what I prefer.

Kairno

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ne0pwns View Post
From what I've seen, Taric can do a insane amount of damage and healing when gone AP, that is what I prefer.
but he can't survive for very long, this is the tradeoff of most supports, they can deal damage but at the cost of survivability

aRchiBole

05-05-2011

cdr is very important on taric as well

Ionic Breeze

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-05-2011

My first game with him I went full tank gears, with doran's ring, merc threads, aegis, soul shroud, frozen heart and a blasting wand (was going to make a guinsoo's). My score was 7/4/15 with him and we won that game

Xandune808

05-05-2011

I say you need to decide based on your team comp. If you're the only tank, then focus only on tanking items... I would suggest grabbing Aegis as your first tank item then moving on to other items.

If your team has another tank, then build AP. Yes AP can do some decent dmg, but don't expect to. Breaking your shield just to try to burst someone means everyone around you loses a decent armor boost... typically the armor boost is more helpful to the team. What's good about AP w/ cdr is that you will be a healing beast!

Another way to build him is the hybrid "aura" build. Taric has 2 auras from skills that greatly help the team. Combine this with Aegis, Soul Shroud, Frozen Heart, etc, and you're a walking buff (debuff) for everyone! You'll be tanking decently and you'll be healing enough to keep people topped off (not enough to stop someone from being focused down though).

SparrZ

05-05-2011

Um I grab Rod of Ages a lot of the time. The Health and Mana is good and the boost in AP is enough to make your heal pretty good. Other than that it depends on the opposite team. Armor isnt a must but with an AD heavy team it is important.