Udyr help?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Okay so now I have Udyr. Can you guys give me some basic tips and tricks with him?

Zombie Irwin

03-08-2010

I wrote a guide here you can check out:
https://www.leagueoflegends.com/boar...ad.php?t=64225

ADCisMyReligion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

I have him too and so far I regret it. He's so weak you never get any kills. Compared to the other heros he's kind of useless. 1 second stun isn't much help at all. No way to help teammates in team fights since your damage is ****py and your an easy target and just feed.

Nam3less

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Udyr is pretty decent if you play him right. There are a few ways you can play him but the way I play him is to max out bear and phoenix. Bear is for chasing/escape and phoenix is for farming and damage. Phoenix is better than tiger since it doesnt require a lot of items to do good damage. You just need to get 1-2 attack speed items and phoenix can start shining. I always have plenty of kills per game with just phoenix and beat. Also, try to get the lizard buff whenever you can, it will you get kills easier.

Suggested item:
Boot of your choice
triforce (try to rush this item first )
Choose any items after triforce - attack speed, damage, crit, anything you want
You can also go with tank items after triforce. from my opinion, you do a ton of damage with just triforce alone.

TheMightyYee

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xetios View Post
I have him too and so far I regret it. He's so weak you never get any kills. Compared to the other heros he's kind of useless. 1 second stun isn't much help at all. No way to help teammates in team fights since your damage is ****py and your an easy target and just feed.
srry but i totally disagree with this idk how your playing but udyr is good if used right at the beginning of the game yes he might be a lame champion but once you hit lvl 7+ you will own with the right items that is and gameplay the items i get are malady, zerk boots, and triforce its more then enough to own ppl. also talking about doing no damage umm lvl 5 phoenix hits hard even without any good items later on in the game its hard to take udyr down just not talking from my view of playing but playing against good udyr players

with udyr i just lvl turtle and phoenix and at lvl 4 i get bear after that i just lvl phoenix and turtle...bear is only there for me to stun enemies

i use flash and exhaust for summoner spells it works really well...i usually exhaust if they try to run then i bear and stun them, i use phoenix after that to kill them and if they run just flash and bear again and stun just repeat it works

ADCisMyReligion

03-08-2010

Maybe that stuff works in mid level games but I'm playing with people 20> and Udyr doesn't work. I'm not aggressive early either, its just not working out at all.

But I've only played like 3 or 4 games with him so maybe it will change, but so far I always come out like 2/8 2/5 2/7

Zombie Irwin

03-08-2010

Udyr can be extremely powerful if you just play him right. I've dominated in high level premades with him - its all about knowing your role and when to attack. Mobility and map awareness is everything.

Zombie Irwin

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nam3less View Post
Udyr is pretty decent if you play him right. There are a few ways you can play him but the way I play him is to max out bear and phoenix. Bear is for chasing/escape and phoenix is for farming and damage. Phoenix is better than tiger since it doesnt require a lot of items to do good damage. You just need to get 1-2 attack speed items and phoenix can start shining. I always have plenty of kills per game with just phoenix and beat. Also, try to get the lizard buff whenever you can, it will you get kills easier.

Suggested item:
Boot of your choice
triforce (try to rush this item first )
Choose any items after triforce - attack speed, damage, crit, anything you want
You can also go with tank items after triforce. from my opinion, you do a ton of damage with just triforce alone.
malady as first big item, then triforce

Azghyn Nite

03-09-2010

I really dont understand why you get malady first. I honestly think rushing triforce for the mana and survivabilty is better.

AFKray

03-09-2010

Udyr doesn't really shine unless you Rune him right. No one here has suggested runes >.<. Silly fake Udyrs.