Cassiopeia + spell vamp ??

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheOnlyJaces

05-04-2011

So I keep trying to build a spellvamp item for the last 5 game and couldn'T even get to the point to see if it was worth it or not.
They all surender at 15 XD (i play 3s mostly).

So my usual core build is

Doran ring
+3boots
rylai
RoA or Abyssal (depending of their team comp.)

So like I said , I bought the hextech revolver asap I could afford it after my rylai.
But the game either end at that point or our team is to strong and I end up not getting hit (or barely)...

My questions are , is it worth it ?
Does the spell vamp work on the continues poison ?
Would it be almost considered as a survability item ?
Does that make cass more beautiful ?

thx in advance hope to see some replies

Teldin

05-04-2011

Spell vamp works on pretty much any magic-based damage, but since it's a percentage you're only getting a tiny amount of health from it. Really it's not worth it on damage-over-time champs like Cass and her poison, but much more valuable on burst champs.

If you want survivability on Cass I would aim for a Rylai's; anything beyond that and a Rod of Ages is pretty much overkill in the tanky department.

IS1c5019c283e69d4080426

05-04-2011

The Rod of ages is too overkill in most games.

The thing with cassiopeia is, with your +3 boots, Miasma, and Noxious Blast, you should NEVER get chased down so you just sit the the back of your team throwing spells.

You generally want a fair bit of AP on her, cause of her mediocre ratios on E.

As said above, Rylai is really the only survivability item you need, other than maybe a banshee's veil.

Sephirless

05-04-2011

I like getting WotA with cassi after my tear/boots/Rylai.
Since you are spamming a lot and playing defensively, the small amount of healing is getting noticeable.
The aura and AP remain quite usefull depending on your team composition.

You still may want to go for a deathcap, if you're carrying your team...

Arthan

05-04-2011

I really don't know what to think about WotA on Cass.

I would very much want to have it on her, but most of the time it ends up being a very bad purchase. Don't get me wrong, she does benefit a lot from being able to heal a bit of damage considering how fragile she is. That being said, Cass is all about positioning and killing stuff quick and clean. 95% of the time, you will regret not going for either magic pen or more AP.

My core is Sorc Shoes (despite the slow movement), Rylai and Rabadon. I slip a Haunting Guise before Rylai when I feel like it. After these costly investments, you'll get to the point where you will be wanting either even more AP, or major magic penetration against very tanky teams.

The only time when I truly benefit from grabbing a WotA is when facing a VERY good Evelynn or Shaco player who had a good early game. You can be sure that these two will always come for you first. It's usually a close call, either I will die, or they will drop me to 10-20% HP before I kill them. If you're not dead at the hands of the stealther, with no way to heal up you might as well run from the fight, turning it into a 4v4. WotA will allow you to stay and keep putting some hurt on the enemy team while staying out of their range. In these circumstances, the aura is also gonna be appreciated by your team, and you might gain some staying power in late laning/pushing too.

TheOnlyJaces

05-04-2011

Thx a lot for replies
I shall try Wota at least once

I just lost to gp+rumble.
It is the first time that i wasn'T able to do a single bit of dmg
Rumble is able to move so fast with his skill. He catched me all the time/slow/gg