Renekton Help please ^^;;

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Funbutton

05-04-2011

Heylo I am trying out Renekton for this week and so far having varying results. He's really fun so I'm thinking of making him my main. I'll tell you what I'm working with perhaps I could get some suggestions.

For runes I go armor pen and flat dmg on 3 marks and my quints. Flat armor seals and flat mr glyphs.

Masteries I go 21/0/9 I play tanky dps but get more hp and stuff from items.

Items go Dorans shield, phage, boots, frozen mallet, merc's or ionians depending... rest is situational but I usually go sunfire, fon, wriggles and perhaps sell dorans for a better defensive or offensive item but games don't last that long. I'm open to suggestions thanks in advance.

FutureMagic

05-04-2011

What problems are you having exactly?

Sophyne

05-04-2011

21/9/0 or 9/21/0 is probably better for Renek. Just me, though.

Funbutton

05-04-2011

Well none really I just wanted to make sure I wasn't playing like a noob. I get a lot of assists and just about even out on kills and death's.

Neoleopard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-04-2011

if u can fit in an early brutalizer, it helps your damage a ton, and sets you up for the rest of the game. I've also had some success with atmas when paired with a mallet/sunfire, and it synergizes well with your ultimate too

Oogtug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2011

Another option is using CDR glyphs (Per level ideally imo, just better) and picking up 9/0/21 masteries with flash and ghost buffs for increased mobility/chasing abilities. Biggest reason is you can pick up the increased critical which works on your W, the CDR from Offensive, as well as an extra armpen point, I usually just blow one point into the ability power to get 4 to advance to the CDR in offense, as well in utility work your way down to the CDR reduction in Utility and between runes and masteries you're at around 17-18% CDR at level 18 naturally, which I find Renekton runs off CDR, include a brutalizer and ionians or brutalizer and randuins or even brutalizer/kindlegem for CDR then that kind of frees you up to build more full damage items (Bloodthirster/Black Cleaver for example) I prefer black cleaver as the on-hit for W as well as I don't find I autoattack much with renekton when he has full CDR.

A build like that would probably ideally be like:

Begin: Boots 3 hp pots
First trip: Brutalizer or Ionians, maybe both depends on how your beginning went, with armor/dodge seals and HP quints renekton seems tanky enough usually at beginning, if your having problems maybe go for a proper defensive item. If your having trouble farming get avarice blade/HoG to keep your funds up. Being flexible seems to be key especially with Renekton to what your team needs, if they need more tank role, be a tank, if they need more damage build more damage.

Ideally you get Brutalizer and Ionians, then next trip I'll usually pick up an avarice blade at least as well as phage and an armor if they're AD heavy, negatron if they're AP, you're working towards building both a trinity force and a guardian angel or FoN, whatever seems better for the match. Honestly once you get the yomuus, trinity, and guardian or FoN, you should be murking people pretty hard and often its best to just go more damage, how you do so is dependant on the game, if you lack armor because you built an FoN a atmas impaler is a great option, if you have a guardian, black cleaver is going to really make you rape and be able to blast towers with yomuu's active and its attack speed.

projectoffset

05-04-2011

Here's my renekton build. I've had more wins than losses with this, so something's working.

Runes:

Armor Pen Marks
Flat Magic resis glyphs
Health per level seals
Flat health quints.

Masteries:

0/21/9

Skill order build:

1. Q (Cull)
2. E (SnD)
3. Q (Cull)
4. W (Stun)
5. Q (Cull)
6. R (Ulti)

After this, just max out Cull first, then your stun, and your SnD last.

Item Order

1. Start out with Doran's Shield. If you've built up everything as above with masteries and runes, you'll be starting out with something like 770 health, and it'll only get better as you level up. You want the regen and armor too.

2. Ionian boots. I have no CDR from anywhere but items. You need these boots.

3. Phage. Slow, health, damage. Enough said.

3. Brutalizer. More CDR and damage.

5. Finish Phage into Frozen Mallet. Tons of health, damage and slow. It's needed.

6. Some general items. Depending on their team composition, you may want to buy a negatron if AP heavy, or a chain vest that you will eventually make into Randuin's if AD heavy.

7. Finish Brutalizer into a Ghostblade. Activate this every time you fight and you'll get excellent DPS without extra items.

8. Guardian Angel. This is also needed. Give you free reign to kick ass and not get targeted.

9. Finish anything else. It's situational at this point. A lot of the time I end up with a Randuin's and a Force of Nature. Other times, if they have more support than dps, I end up getting a Black Cleaver.