Cho'gath vs Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phantomize

03-09-2010

Best fight against Warwick, tank him on Tryndamere with 8 stacks of bloodlust. Wait till you're about to die and blow undying rage (no heal for warwick) spam a few spins. Warwick dead.

Razerwind

03-09-2010

Every physical DPSer with a lifesteal item in the game will give you trouble as Cho'Gath. It's not just Warwick. Cho'Gath isn't meant to fight 1v1 late game.

Necrax

03-09-2010

imo the obvious answer is: hungering strike + madred's bloodrazor

Voidgolem

03-09-2010

Anyone with an ability that deals percentage-of-health damage is going to give you trouble as Cho.

Devastating blow, hungering strike, cleavers, deathfires, etc. Get some MR first instead of rushing warmogs.

Veridic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

03-09-2010

Honestly... the issue here is not building Cho as AP. There are some great guides out there for AP cho, take some time and search for em. No reason a WW should be giving you trouble- unless he has free farmed jungle all game... in which case buy wards and learn to Spike/silence Om Nom when he is grabbing runes

Runix

03-09-2010

Thanks, good suggestions. I try and group up as Cho'gath late game, but absorbing damage doesn't do much good when my allies run like frightened cats every time the wolf shows his face. Get better allies, I guess.

I tried running if I get ambushed, but generally need to combine it with an Exhaust and/or a well-placed Rupture to break free, otherwise I get ice hammered to death. Stay in a group, try and use Rupture and Scream to disrupt him, and hope my allies take a break from running for the nearest tower to hit him with some damage seems to be the best approach.

CnB84

03-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarking Photon View Post
Haha. Oh, wow. The English have chewed up the French all throughout history, bub. Just look at the Hundred Years' War, where when the English found they couldn't thoroughly crush the new nationalism of France, they just ran around, raping and pillaging the entire northern half of France.
You fail at Flying Circus.

The other day, I had an opposing Warwick cry at me that he would totally own me 1 on 1 and I said that while that was true, it was a team game, and it didn't matter who he went after. We would focus him down and I would eat him for his trouble. Fun times.

Truth is, a tanked Cho'Gath will have a hard time killing almost any hero on his own and a dps hero with lifesteal is nigh unbeatable for a lone tank. That's fine though. Tipping the balance and staying power are what being a tank is all about.

BeuNHaaS

03-12-2010

Ever thought about Thornmail against Warwick?

it does wonders...

Krath4

03-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidgolem View Post
Anyone with an ability that deals percentage-of-health damage is going to give you trouble as Cho.

Devastating blow, hungering strike, cleavers, deathfires, etc. Get some MR first instead of rushing warmogs.
Pretty much this. MR does wonders against health percentage based abilities, and it'll pay off holding off on Warmogs for a bit to get some.