Cho'gath vs Warwick

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Runix

03-08-2010

Long story short, I have been having a difficult time playing Cho'gath against Warwick. I realize that not every champion is supposed to be viable against every other individual champion, and that Cho'gath is a bit weak at the moment, but in several matches it has proven to be much more difficult than it should be. Warwick is for taking out "soft" players, so why is he chewing through a full-hp tank so quickly?

The simple problem is that they are both melee heroes, but Warwick's lifesteal (especially with items) simply out-drains Cho'gath's health pool, no matter how deep it is, it seems. Rupture helps, as does Scream, but once Warwick's items start kicking in and Eternal Thirst starts adding up, it's a losing battle.

Any suggestions? My only initial thought is to have a Banshee's available (am I the only player who ends up getting Banshee's just about every game?) to hopefully negate Warwick's ultimate, but beyond that I don't really have any ideas about how to handle the matchup.

dorkbrains

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

warwick owns tanks. that's just pretty much his job, and since cho gath isn't necessarily a tank that you go heavy armor on, it makes it even easier. armor stacking really hurts warwick, but still, with his madreds bloodrazor that does 4% of your HP on each hit, you're ****ed. i also did the math recently as to what an ult from a warwick would do to a 5k hp cho gath, it came out to be about 1800...

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

ever thought about running?

0rangeSoda

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runix View Post
Any suggestions? My only initial thought is to have a Banshee's available (am I the only player who ends up getting Banshee's just about every game?) to hopefully negate Warwick's ultimate, but beyond that I don't really have any ideas about how to handle the matchup.
Or you could grab cleanse as a summoner spell, so when he ults, pop it, and laugh as Warwick stands there swinging his arms wildly dealing no damage (in a sense... stunning himself :P)
and that is when you:
1. Rupture
2. Feral Scream
3. ??????? (maybe even a feast)
4. Profit

Archon Ares

03-08-2010

I believe the answer here lies in running about the match feasting your opponents at every opportunity, calling out OM NOM NOM in /all. At least once a game, just run into the bushes for a few seconds to confuse them as to where you are, and taunt one of their players with "ima eachu." If you successfully follow up by doing this, you will inspire further fear, and they will run and cry.

Warwick may be able to solo you, but you'll scare his team into bed wetting terror, and inspire yours to focus fire and kill him, while his friends run away like British knights from a french fortress slinging livestock at them.

TLDR; Ask your team to help by pre-chewing the Warwick for you.

Zarking Photon

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon Ares View Post
I believe the answer here lies in running about the match feasting your opponents at every opportunity, calling out OM NOM NOM in /all. At least once a game, just run into the bushes for a few seconds to confuse them as to where you are, and taunt one of their players with "ima eachu." If you successfully follow up by doing this, you will inspire further fear, and they will run and cry.

Warwick may be able to solo you, but you'll scare his team into bed wetting terror, and inspire yours to focus fire and kill him, while his friends run away like British knights from a french fortress slinging livestock at them.

TLDR; Ask your team to help by pre-chewing the Warwick for you.
Haha. Oh, wow. The English have chewed up the French all throughout history, bub. Just look at the Hundred Years' War, where when the English found they couldn't thoroughly crush the new nationalism of France, they just ran around, raping and pillaging the entire northern half of France.

Drega

03-08-2010

Amount of health is irrelevant to a Warwick with Bloodrazor. He's a strong 1v1 champ late in game, just don't run around solo if you're vulnerable. Armor helps, so for example Malphite just shrugs him off since he tends to stack armor to help his Ground Slam ability.

Ergal

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehn00bsauce View Post
Or you could grab cleanse as a summoner spell, so when he ults, pop it, and laugh as Warwick stands there swinging his arms wildly dealing no damage (in a sense... stunning himself :P)
and that is when you:
1. Rupture
2. Feral Scream
3. ??????? (maybe even a feast)
4. Profit
Banchee's Vail and Quicksilver Sash should work as well. As writen, Warwick cannot stop his ulti (bug?) o he will rather stun himself and witout it his only a meele char with no CC or nuke.

Reidan

03-09-2010

get 6 thornmails

Archon Ares

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarking Photon View Post
Haha. Oh, wow. The English have chewed up the French all throughout history, bub. Just look at the Hundred Years' War, where when the English found they couldn't thoroughly crush the new nationalism of France, they just ran around, raping and pillaging the entire northern half of France.
Someone doesn't know their Monty Python....