About Fiddle Sticks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkLaw

03-08-2010

Well hello everyone. First off, ive always been a hige MMO fan. some friend intruduced me to DoTA a while ago, and i also liked its style, but didnt really play it much. Recently i read about this game on a magazine, and decided to give it a shot. well, i must say its extreme fun

Now i had decided to gather enoughIP so i could buy FiddleSticks, but well, it became avaible this week, so i got to try it a bit. And i must say i really like to play it, its great fun

Now ive been using some guide i found here in the forums that makes fiddlesticks kinda of a tank, with high armor and all. It has been kinda working, but the guide is also kinda old, so i was hoping someone could tell me any sugestions about specific items, and tactics i should use. And also, skill build. About the masteries and runes, well, currently i'm still lv 7 so they don't really matter much to me, but hey, any help would be appreciated

Azghyn Nite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Get little survivability boots of swiftness then start building AP. For 4th endgame item get Banshee's veil.

shalmack

03-08-2010

1) Mass AP
2) Kamikaze in with Crowstorm
3) ???
4) Profit

Amranu

03-08-2010

a general build I follow though mix up sometimes

1-drain
then wind two levels, drain, wind, ult, after ult start prioritising fear over drain, but wind over both.

items:
catalyst first (sapphire + 2 health potions to start)
sorc boots/mejai's (I tend to go boots, book and then choose between mejai's or sorc based on my kills)
finish RoA
build scepter
build banshee's
build void
build zhonya's

summoner spells: ignite/flash (flash could be replaced by ghost depending, I only use flash cause everyone likes to flash out of my ult)

runes, magic pen, whatever for yellow, cooldown blue, magic pen quint.

9/0/21 for masteries

DarkLaw

03-08-2010

Thanks, ill make sure i try it out. And shalmack, you were the most useful of them all your tactic seems to work for meh :P

FeLpZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

amp tome > sorc boots > mejai > rod of ages > zonyas > (insert +ap or survivability item here)

gives you a ****load of ap (500+ always endgame with stacks), mana, and health. if you wanted to you could switch out the first item for something else of your choice, but i like to get a headstart on my items.

Havikk

03-08-2010

I personally love Fiddlesticks. He's not the traditional nuke-caster, which is why I enjoy him so much. I'll try to give you some information about Fiddlesticks that should help you at your level/skill.

First off: For summoner abilities, I personally like to use GHOST instead of FLASH, simply because it allows you to chase opponents down with Crowstorm and can also double as an escape method in tight situations/bad team battles. The second ability is preference, but I like Teleport or Ignite.

Second: Crowstorm. This should be netting most of your kills. You will normally need to set up ganks with your team in order to execute this perfectly. Always have Ghost ready with Crowstorm. It's a real waste when you use your ult to not even get an assist, let alone a kill (or two) because they escaped.

As soon as you hit level 6, look for opportunities to gank. Check top, check bottom, and check mid. Who has the lowest health, and who doesn't have boots/escape methods/stuns/etc? Also, be on the lookout for team battles. Storming in with your ult raging in the middle of a group fight will work wonders for you and your team. Ganking is how you should get kills - NOT by going 1v1 (you can still kill 1v1, but your chances are low against many champs).

Other useful notes:
- Make an effort to keep the Golem buff on you at all times. This will allow you to Crowstorm gank more often and lane longer
- You can cast spells with Crowstorm going. This is very important - it means you can silence, fear, AND drain victims, all while keeping them trapped inside your ulti.
- Never let your opponents see you start channeling Crowstorm. They can CC you (crowd control, likes stuns/fears/silences) resulting in lost ganks, or even a death.

I hope all of this helps

DarkLaw

03-08-2010

Well yeah, it really helps, thanks. I just played a match with fiddle sticks with Ghost/Teleport and doran ring>sorc shoes>RoA>Rylais scepter>Banshees> and didnt get time to finish my Guardian angel.
I got someting like 13/5/6 which i personnally think is not a bad score..

Concretar

03-08-2010

Sorry for spamming this, but I just made a fiddle guide!
It might not be the best guide but it's very up to date.

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...389#post795389

I'm pretty much against any armor or tank items that don't benefit your AP or Cooldowns - I believe in fast aggressive play instead of damage taking, at the end your stats for damage dealt / damage taken should be about 20-1.

gosp

Recruiter

03-08-2010

Here's how I play him.

Start with a sapphire a health and a mana potion. Focus drain for a couple levels. Go either mid or the side with the golem. Starting with a drain means it's practically impossible to harass you unless they have a good anti-healing effect (mundo cleaver.) Pop out of the bushes and start draining. To break it they'll need to run back towards their tower, where you'll get a ton of ticks in, or towards your ally, who might be able to get a kill, or at worse, up the river. I then get E and W with one rank of Q. Sometimes you definitely need an interrupt, but I haven't found the value in having a ton of ranks in Q early; it doesn't seem better than drain tanking.
Once you're 6, you can go back, Get a catalyst and mercenaries' boots. Gank / golem buff. Get a rod of ages, mejaias, and abyssal scepter. You'll probably need a thornmail or banshee's veil.

Here's the big thing. Unless people gear to counter you, magic penetration is worthless. Only Fiddles' passive (and Ammumu's) and the abyssal scepter actually reduce below 0. All that penetration is worthless in that case.