Tanks

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keisori

05-04-2011

Of all the tanks, how do they all rank? Including, for example, chars like Garen and Jarvan, chars that may not be exactly tanks, but can easily be made into pretty stellar ones.

Trying to figure out how they all rank, any help is appreciated.

deezy2eezy

05-04-2011

well you basically have your pure tanks, which arent that many, then u get ur off tanks.

3 pure tanks are, amumu, shen, rammus,

Then you have a ton of off tanks which are too many to list.

But yah only pure tanks, people may consider malphite a pure tank but only cuz of his ulti.

Keisori

05-04-2011

Honestly, trying to figure out how Jarvan and Garen rank in that list...like playing them, trying to figure out of their worth working on.

Covenant

05-04-2011

Not well.

Garen isn't a tank. He's 90% useless with a 10% bonus that if he outlasts the enemy team he has kill-stealing execute to insure someone dies.

Jarvan isn't a tank either. He's extremely durable but his role is mostly that of a big bag of annoyance. He's very hard to kill and his passive makes that first hit do so much, especially with triforce, so he's more fitting as an off-tank who uses his powers to isolate a valuable squishy.

Krodalmighty

05-04-2011

I always thought of Alistar as pure tank, but i rarely see him mentioned along with the 3 "top" tanks (shen/amumu/rammus) andi wonder where he fits on the list

When i play a tank i usually pick singed, Hes not a "pure" tank like the three mentioned above but hes got an interesting skillset that makes him fun and effective, and played well i think hes as good as any of the others

Azaer

05-04-2011

Garen and Jarvan are viable off-tanks, not tanks, and the whole "Who's the best tank?" question gets as far as the "who's the best champ?" question: its all situational.

shubomber

05-04-2011

Singed is definitely a pure tank, if anything moreso than Rammus is.

Dane Dread

05-04-2011

What makes Shen, Amumu and Rammus special? I concur that they are great tanks but so are Alistar, Malphite, Chogath and Singed to name a few.

Larson McMurphy

05-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Dread View Post
What makes Shen, Amumu and Rammus special? I concur that they are great tanks but so are Alistar, Malphite, Chogath and Singed to name a few.
I concur with your concurrence.

I'm not very good at cho but I've seen him tank very well. Singed really walks the line between tank and off-tank though, since I'd say he can't build straight tank gear and be useful, he needs a little ap. Alistar and Malphite should definitely be considered along with Shen, Amumu and Rammus though as true tanks.

iamtheqaz

05-04-2011

By pure tank I think they mean that their only build is tank. Cho can go AP, same as Singed. Rammus, Shen, and Malphite can't build much other than tank.