New player lvl 10 Annie help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sickened

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Hi all, let me start off by saying I did not play Dota very much. I played World of Warcraft since release though. The champion I seem to enjoy the most is Annie. However I am a bit confused on build, runes and especially items to get and in what order I should purchase them. I usually get a sapphire crystal and 2 health pots at start. Then I get sorc boots. Then I usually get soulstealer and rod of ages. Problem is endgame I usually only have 220 ap or so, and i'm getting rocked compared to the other teams annie or champions. If someone could give me some advice, I would really appreciate it. Most the guides I have read were from months ago, and everyone seems to have alot different opinions. Thanks for the help, and happy ganking.

- Sickened

J Belern

03-08-2010

Easy fix, rush mejai first. then get sorc boots etc etc. mejai is a must though since annies burst damage from her nukes, along with her stun make her a ganker as soon as you hit 6. mejai will stack to ridiculous AP and if you get 20 (which I usually do) the CD decrease will be nice. fiendish codex also helps the whole cooldown thing since by late game you lose some of your effectiveness. blowing your entire set of nukes only gets someone down to half to a third health left. at that point you want to build up your tibber stun and place it on squishy heroes (usually the carry). try to get more than one hero if you can. after stun you quickly use the other 2 and then run the **** away. while your running (cause at this point they usually go for annie since she is soft) you should micro your bear to stay near the carry. do not attack with him, as long as you are following the carry the aoe dps around the bear will do it job. if the carry has really high ms which he usually does just have the bear run away from you when he gets out of the range of the carry. bear will port to you, and consequently the carry.

Rupus

03-08-2010

My build as Annie usually goes like this:

Saph + 2 pots
Catalyst + Boots 1 (You should get some nice money from last hitting creeps with her Q spell)
Blasting Wand + Ability Tome
Mejai's
Rod of Ages (If you get Rod of Ages, you should try to get it as early as possible)
Sorc Boots (I sometimes get Merc Treads if the enemy team has a bunch of stuns and/or slows, Annie is very fragile)
Archangel's Staff
Zhonya's Ring

But that's just me, don't take this as the best build out there or anything.

As for skills...

If you're soloing:

1) Q
2) W
3) Q
4) E
5) Q
6) R

From then, go R > Q > W > E. Try to use the shield to bring up the stun when you're at lower numbers on your stun counter, to make sure it's up for when you reach five on your stun counter.

Build up your stun at level 5 and keep it there, once you reach six go up to the enemy and use stun Tibbers, Q -> W -> E -> Q. That gets some pretty nasty burst damage, and if you're able to chase then you almost have your stun up.

If you're in a lane with a partner:

1) W
2) Q
3) Q
4) E
5) Q
6) R

R > Q > W > E

Charge up W at the fountain ASAP, and get down to your lane to help out your teammate. It really helps out the battle before your creeps arrive if you can stun both of them at once and do some pretty nice damage. If you don't get into a fight before the creeps arrive, try to stand in the bushes and pressure them with auto attacks. If they move close then pop your stun W and hit them for a bit with your partner, if they don't come close then wait until level 2 and stun them with that instead, then walk up and use W afterwards to scare them off.

I have a very odd setup for my runes, I usually use mana regen so that I can abuse my spells early. Last hitting creeps with disintegrate gives me a consistently high mana pool, which means that I can use my mana on hitting the enemies to scare them off. Her Q spell has a short cooldown, so I like to use that for a bit, and let my runes fill my mana back up while I stand back last hitting creeps. I also use AP per level and magic pen.

Neodymus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupus View Post
Try to use the shield to bring up the stun when you're at lower numbers on your stun counter, to make sure it's up for when you reach five on your stun counter.
I dont know when you last played Annie but shield doesnt count for your passive, since only offensive spells will increase the count.

As for the Item-build i would start with a tome+health pot and upgrade to mejais as soon you´re able to.
(extra AP at beginning can decide some lvl1kills in combination with your aoe stun and you shouldnt have to much mana problems with meditation and your q-skill givin mana back)

After Mejai i usually get boots+tear of goddess followed by rod of ages(get this around 20min-25min).
Then upgrade to archangels and build a zonyas.

Something like that, ofc. it wont be the best option in every game but nice in most games...

OmniOblivion

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickened View Post
Hi all, let me start off by saying I did not play Dota very much. I played World of Warcraft since release though. The champion I seem to enjoy the most is Annie. However I am a bit confused on build, runes and especially items to get and in what order I should purchase them. I usually get a sapphire crystal and 2 health pots at start. Then I get sorc boots. Then I usually get soulstealer and rod of ages. Problem is endgame I usually only have 220 ap or so, and i'm getting rocked compared to the other teams annie or champions. If someone could give me some advice, I would really appreciate it. Most the guides I have read were from months ago, and everyone seems to have alot different opinions. Thanks for the help, and happy ganking.

- Sickened
You are lvl 10, so that makes it a bit harder, especially against lvl 30 players.

Have Ignite and Exhaust as summoner spells (I don't think you get Flash until lvl 12. Replace Exhaust with Flash once you do).

You want to go for easy kills/assists to build up Soulstealer. Try to pop out all your abilities (and your stun) on a single (or better, multiple) target and Ignite. This should help you get stacks on your Soulstealer.

Void Staff or Abyssal Scepter are pretty good items to consider. Neutrals buffs on Annie will help her significantly.

I don't see much of a problem with your build. Runes don't affect too much of the gameplay, so I don't want to state any advice on runes, but hope this will help.

Rupus

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neodymus View Post
I dont know when you last played Annie but shield doesnt count for your passive, since only offensive spells will increase the count.

Wha-?! Since when? Last time I used her (Before the last patch), she could use her shield to build up the stun counter, but she could only stun with offensive spells...

Azghyn Nite

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rupus View Post
Wha-?! Since when? Last time I used her (Before the last patch), she could use her shield to build up the stun counter, but she could only stun with offensive spells...
This is only PARTIALLY true. If you have no pyromania stacks, then yes it is true. If you do, then it DOES in fact stack pyromania, e.g. Use incinerate then molten.

J Belern

03-08-2010

As far as molten armor goes, i completely avoid it. realistically as annie you should not get hit, and avoid it as much as possible. if you want to build up your pyromania, just go use Q to farm a lane. then go stun and kill something. I find using Q solely to farm lanes builds up the pyromania quick enough. then once u get the stun you can hold it till he tries to kill you, then stun and tee off on him/her. or throw the fireball of awesomeness at him after you clear the creepwave. that way he cant turn around and pwn you cause if he does all the creeps will go WTF!!! and start atting him

Seaka

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sickened View Post

- Sickened
This is just my opinion playing annie ,but magic pen is the best for her. Her ap scaling isn't very good.

My build normaly consists of

sorc boots-magic pen
haunting guise- some cd,mana and health regen along with magic pen
rode of ages -health and mana with some ap.. get catalyst as soon as you can to help with the leveling bonus.
mejis soulstealer- very good item just dont get if you are dying alot..if you can't keep five stacks then its not worth the money. Replace with maybe a ryles scepter or something with hp and ap.
(if they get a banshee's then get) void staff-again only if they are stackin mr.
otherwise the penertration from haunting and sorc are good
zyonya's -good ap item here will increase your ap by a good amount
archangel's-has good mana regen and decent ap.

the way i normaly start like you is
crystal 2 pots
then i save up like 1200 then go back for boots 1 and catalyst
after that i start building my haunting guise getting mana regen if you are successful at harassing but need just a bit more mana regen.. then start with teh faerie charm.
when you go back the next time complete your rod and get sorc boots completed.. then finish the haunting guise.

Depending now on their magic resistance is when you will decide your next item.
If they dont all get banshee's veils or force of natures then go start archangels otherwise get void staff. After that zyonya's.

as far as runes go i have magic pen red
mana regen yellow
cool downreduction in blue(flat though you need as much cd in the beginning of the game as possible)

masteries-

9/0/21

skill order(solo)
Q first then in order of importance.

R
W
Q
E

W does more overall damage then Q does leveling up.

Some people may suggest that you charge a stun in the fountain, but depending on your playstyle that may not be a good idea. I never charge a stun if im soloing ,but if im laning with another dps, I try to take it in order to get first blood. It could save your ass if they are trying to gank you. So again its your playstyle to choose weither or not to get it.

summoner spells- teleport,ignite,flash,ghost,clarity,clairvoyance

Normaly i go flash and ghost for the escape and for the chase of the enemy team, but if no one goes teleport or clairvoyance you might want to consider getting one of those. They may not win games but sure as hell make it easier to win games.
clairity is a no brainer- insta mana its a good one.
ignite can ususally insure a first blood on annie.

Hope this has been helpful.

pubstar

03-08-2010

25-6 with annie. kill death ration is something like 460-120

amp totem
majais
sorc boots
rod of ages
zohnas ring

summ skills: ghost & ignite

USE GHOST TO RUN IN AND GANK AND USE IT TO GET AWAY. ignite to finish them off

skills

R>W>Q>E

Q is for last hitting and finishing heroes. W is your bread and butter. R is your roll face nuke.

Play aggressive. Don't be afraid. I love annie