Just another Jax whine :D Jax nerf suggestion!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Spellshaper

08-27-2009

Hello,

I want to give my feedback on Jax and also point on something that maybe people dont recognize when thinks that Jax is not that OP.

So I have to say that if you play Jax with summoner level 1 and ordinary items. He is just "better" hero. It could be countered, but still it takes some knowledge and skill to do so properly. In such situations he is only one of the few good heroes (Fidlesticks, Yi, Ryze...)

But true OP and almost immortal is on lvl30 with proper rune, mastery and items build. There are more great builds for Jax, but from my point of view the most OP is damage build with high HP and life-steal.

That build can ONE SHOT three out of five heroes. He could kill any number of heroes solo. His damage and dodge are BRUTAL by nature (also increased by passive), that build gives him also HP and with life-steal huge HP regeneration. That together makes him immortal.

Dont get me wrong, there are other builds that are VERY strong with Jax. Lvl30 summoner with Jax most probably pwn at least two heroes, but that can do more heroes in LoL than Jax.

I have to say I was VERY surprised that I saw buff on Jax in recent patch. He was OP even before that, so now he is really godlike. I liked that hero before, but I rarely play it since latest patch.

I thought about suggestions to give Riot, how to fix Jax. And honestly its difficult since there are so many OP builds. Despite of that, here they are:

ACTIVE:

Leap Strike:
This is by far Jax most OP skill. I suggest to REDUCE damage dramatically or remove it completely. If dmg is removed, add slight speed boost after jump instead. Also slight increase in cooldown.

Empower:
This attack makes Jaxes ONE SHOTS AoE. Purpose of this skill is boost Jax before jump and also as a good creep killer.
So reduce splash damage DRAMATICALLY and slightly increase splash area. Also make bonus damage only valid for single target (no bonus for spalsh at all). Maybe decrease single shot damage slightly also, but with Leap Strike nerf, it maybe dont be necessary.

Counter Strike:
Another skill with huge usability. Its passive increase dodge chance and active make targets in area stun.
My suggestion is to make it similar like Yii, if active skill is used, remove passive bonus or even decrease dodge chance - so skill cant be active again for a few secs.

Relentless Assault:
I think Jaxs ulti is the weakest skill he had . Thats probably because it should ballance other OP skills, but with so fast cooldowns on them it isnt work Why I say that? Because most often he dont make four hit on champ (he is dead by that time). So it mostly trigger on creeps.
Ok now without joking, it seems that this kill works not only on one target, but it carry hit counter also on other targets (if switched fast). So this skill should be nerfed to only work on one target and after it is dead or targets switched, bonuses (speed, dmg) and counter should also reset. Its ulti so I leave it there, with ither nerfs it should be enough.

PASSIVE:

Weapon Mastery
This is probably main reasson why some people find Jax fine and others OP like hell
In short cut bonus dmg by items at least by half.

I know these suggestions we never see live, I know some people dont agree with me and I know that some suggestions turn out to be bad. But maybe it can inspire devs and players at least or open discussion

Thanks for reading

Arafel

Friend of Urf

08-27-2009

...you really think he one-three shots champs?

Profeta

08-27-2009

Jax deserves a buff, poor fat arabian champion.

Raseon

08-27-2009

I believe Jax is a weak character that is by far the least effective in League of Legends, and should be given stronger attacks, life-stealing passives, and speed boosts.

Thanks.

Spellshaper

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arafel View Post
...you really think he one-three shots champs?
With proper build yes, he one-three shots casters.

Hiiro Yui

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellshaper View Post
With proper build yes, he one-three shots casters.
so does any other well built char end game.

Lobotomized

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
+1

Hiiro Yui

08-27-2009

some prime examples are temo, ryze, and the black mage guy who ****s you up with his ball of pwn :/

all of might i add, can stop jax from farming in a heart beat.

Spellshaper

08-27-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by CidHighwind View Post
If you dont read whole topic, please dont respond.

Anyway thats not true, only a few heroes can compete with Jax, but main point is even if they can few SHOT hero, they have also weakness and thats not true for Jax.

I know you guys think, that you are that good, but its not case I never saw "god" players playing other hero than Jax :P
Yes Ryze can be great (but have low HP), Yi can be good and also a few others (that are also OP) but Jax is too much.

Celestya

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2009

People seriously need to get off the high horses here. Jax is no different than any other carry, stop letting him kick your ass early, and you should be fine.