How do I deal with Ashe as Udyr?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

I've been playing a lot of Udyr lately, and my biggest fear is to meet Ashe. In 1 on 1 I am simply not able to touch her, and if I meet her outside of lanes I will become a sitting duck until her team mates comes to kill me and a good Ashe therefore makes jungling a lot harder. I have so far tried two counters (Merc threads are of course assumed):

1. Buying Thornmail. This kind of works. She wont really be able to kill me, but I'll still be so slow that I'll die if she has any team mates around.
2. Flash. Flashing over a wall will save me, but is doesn't really solve the problem that I'm not able to do anything useful against her.

How does other Udyr deal with her? I'm simply trying to avoid her, and if I played draft mode I guess I would simply chose a different champ if she is picked.

JohnCataldo

05-03-2011

You shouldn't be trying to 1v1 Ashe most of the time, unless you are really itemed up for it. Someone like Udyr is close to a kiting dream for Ashe, assuming she's competent. If she 'finds' you, you SHOULD usually be able to get out of range with Bear.

If you are getting 'found' in the jungle, you need larger changes to fix that (wards, extremely fast MIA calls, preferably on voice chat, teammates immediately helping you when that happens, etc.) I assume Hawk is a problem for you, but CV always is for any jungler.

In general, make sure you fight Golem/Lizard from the bushes, so you can see if someone is sneaking up on you, and pull the minion into the bush as well so enemies randomly walking by don't even know you are there (kill the small creeps first). Otherwise it's really hard to escape the slows, if Ashe shows up right next to you in the bush and you don't even know she's there. (Though in that case you might be able to just fight her!)

If you level Bear, you have a better chance of rushing her before she startings kiting, and of course flash or ghost can get you to her to stun her, etc.

Ghostblade, Shurelia's or Randuin's work to help counter kiting (on anyone, really, especially melee champs). If you can get to her in the first place, Frozen Mallet + bear pretty much counters her kiting by holding her still so you can fight. (This assumes Ashe isn't fed and you have some armor so you can straight up fight her when she isn't kiting, etc.)

Obviously armor in general is useful against Ashe, just to live.

INJECTIONxBLOOD

05-03-2011

If your wanting to kill her its best to just flash or ghost in use bear stance to stun her and then just tigerstance,pheonix down and keep doing that until she drops.

But if your wanting to stop her from constantly slowing and stunning you,you need to have a quicksilver sash or clense so if you do get in a life or death situation you can just use one of those and bear stance out of there.

UknowsI

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Thanks for the good advice from both of you. Of course playing more defensively would help, but I feel like one of Udyr's strengths is that Udyr can run around warding and doing mischief and even if Udyr is spotted Udyr can often fight back or run away without too much risk. With Ashe that becomes a lot harder and I have to change my play style. Usually I'm the one with the upper hand when I encounter someone randomly, but with her it seems to be the opposite.

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTIONxBLOOD View Post
But if your wanting to stop her from constantly slowing and stunning you,you need to have a quicksilver sash or clense so if you do get in a life or death situation you can just use one of those and bear stance out of there.
I'll try a QSS next time I meet an Ashe and see how it works out.

TsurugiHikari

05-03-2011

QSS can help but it only removes all debuffes the moment you use it. So you might want to juke in the bush or something when you use it. That way you can cannon ball out of there fast. Correct me if I'm wrong though. Haven't used it for quite some time except on Tryn when one cleanse isn't enough.

Ichikaze

05-03-2011

You are going to need Flash or Ghost,combined with bear you can get her(if she goes ghost aswell,run away since a summoner spell is worth more for her than for you).

Failedwin

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by INJECTIONxBLOOD View Post
If your wanting to kill her its best to just flash or ghost in use bear stance to stun her and then just tigerstance,pheonix down and keep doing that until she drops.
Final fantasy freudian slip?

hadoukN

05-04-2011

i play udyr myself and i dont fear ashe, she is squishy you are beefy and if u would use movespeed quints / masteries + whatever boots u like u can catch up with every ashe out there, in case that ashe goes for double phantom dancer (= lots of movespeed tho) u kinda get in trouble because she is likely faster then you but i can assume movespeed build on udyr is a dream
boots shurelia youmoo triforce randuins solves all problems

LordGwaihir

05-04-2011

Dealing with Ashe as Udyr is less about countering her slows and more about being properly tanky to take the hits and close the gap.

Tha Dynamite

05-04-2011

I've actually never encountered this problem...
Reason being that I don't just straight-up run at Ashe.
As a jungler, you'll learn to not just run at people out in the open.