Need help with late game sion >.<

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LemonHi

05-03-2011

So i'm using an AP sion build which is very good in early game and mid game because my shield and stun do about 700 damage combined which takes off about 6 bars of hp but then in late game my shield only takes off 2 bars on an ashe or yi...

Is there a way to counter this? I usually have 300-400 AP in late game without because i usually run out of time before i get a rab. deathcap.

ComradeHX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Stop playing AP Sion and switch to AD late game.

Blowing up waves in one spell can farm fast enough for you in mid game to get DPS/tank items.

LemonHi

05-03-2011

alright, i'll be sure to try that. i just sell all my AP items and buy like infinity edge and other stuff right?

Lone Blade

05-03-2011

AP sion is meant to dominate early game. Late game, DPS full build is brutal and powerful. I usually go to a crit build, but that's because I've been familiar enough w/ sion to run it... he's very easy to shut down in crit build if not played right...

Seelyon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

Based on your post it appears you don't have a Deathcap at this stage of the game (you mention you run out of time before finishing this), this should be a priority item (first major item) on AP Sion followed by LichBane. See this Sion Guide. Deathcap gives you all your early-mid game burst while Lich Bane comes in around late game to give you that extra kick in damage output. Picking up the Sheen aspect early is also a solid choice (also boosts your mana pool and provides some AP).

Shinslammer

05-03-2011

Your build should be CDR boots, Sheen, Deathcap, Lich bane.

Lich bane is AP sion's answer to late game problems.

Warrrrax

05-04-2011

AP Sion does one of two things:

a) Gets more nukes. A lichbane lets you convert all that AP to an additional 1:1 ratio nuke when you get in a melee attack. A Deathfire Grasp lets you heavily nuke them, then you stun and shieldnuke em. This helps you keep up with the likes of Annie,etc who have 3 or 4 nukes.

b) Get a void staff - You have 15% Pen, so add another 40% to it. (sort of). Being able to penetrate half their MR is a good thing.

c) Take a hybrid build. While selling your AP stuff and buying AD is ******ED (you lose 33% of your item value upon selling, so a great 10k game turns into a so-so 6.6k one...), you might try a hybrid build.
The idea is to use efficient hybrid items and build em up on the AP side early and complete em later on the AD side. Heres an example

+ Dorans Ring
+ boots
+ Amp Tome
+ Meki
+ Amp Tome
-> Fiendish Codex
-> Sheen
(AP complete. This is enough to nuke out entire creepwaves and dominate the lane)

+ Negatron Cloak
-> Merc Treads
(getting magic resist to balance resistances)

+ Zeal (the speedup is very valuable)
-> TriForce
-> Nasher's Tooth
(This gives you great CDR, high AS, and a slow proc and sheen uberproc)
-> Banshees Veil
+ Infinities Edge - if the game drags on.

Nemon

05-04-2011

700 Damage = 7 bars HP
700 damage =/= 6 bars hp

DA

05-04-2011

Lichbane route is a must for AP Sion. Setting up your combo's to get hte max amount of proc's becomes key.

If you go AP, its typically best to go full glass cannon AP with an hourglass as your only real def item.

At worst, you are a pushing machine with your ability to sweep creep waves and lich procs.. you murder buildings. They may have fixed it, but you used to be able to turn enrage on/off to proc lich as well.

At best, you initiate correctly, go boom... get a proc off, then invuln long enough to get another lich proc off and a stun.

You will die a lot late game as AP sion against good players, but you can do a hilarious amount of damage before you do if done right... .and thats typically enough to win the fight.

JohnCataldo

05-04-2011

Switching to AD late late game is reasonable.

The other popular option with mid-game champs like AP Sion is to win before the late game. =)