High Damage Support Champion

Lux 17 53.13%
Nidalee 10 31.25%
Janna 5 15.63%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

High Damage Support

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JohnCataldo

05-04-2011

Nidalee has so much damage output that classifying her as support is almost silly, despite her heal being ridiculous good, among the best in the game (assuming AP). She's just harder to play than many champs, and requires you be very active if you get a Rageblade. (She can keep 8 stacks at all times without mana costs, but the real price is vigilance.)

Lux can do pretty decent damage, and is stronger support via root & slow, and her ultimate is a ton of fun. But in the long run she does far less damage than Nidalee and feels more like support than Nidalee (which may be good or bad given what you said you want).

Janna really isn't high damage compared to the others. Her Q can do decent damage, but her W is hardly a damage skill at all and her other two skills don't even do damage. She's excellent support, with every skill being a support skill of some kind, either CC, healing, protection, buffing, or combinations of those. And how many champions have 3 CC skills? (The only other that comes to mind is Anivia.)

Klinkin

05-04-2011

It sounds like you're looking for a champion who can both support and fulfill a significant portion of your team's DPS. I'm going to straight-up tell you that you'll be sacrificing support ability to do so. If you're fine with that, Kayle's support is weak, but her damage is well up to the task late-game. That's the other caveat for her; she's very item-dependent. Assuming you'll be babysitting your friend, make sure he lets you farm and concentrates more on the enemies in your lane.

OneTrueCod

05-04-2011

I'm going to make the unpopular suggestion here and say Karma. She has pretty good survivability for a caster, does a lot of her support by doing damage, and (in the hands of someone good with it) has hands down one of the best snares in the game (because it speeds up people chasing, too).

She takes some practice to get really good with, and I'm not anywhere close to there yet, and some people can't get past her lack of an ult, but she's the most combat-capable true support I've come across yet (excepting farmed Kayle, who requires... farm).