Disconnecting Solutions

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Edrobot

08-27-2009

So far, LOL is extremely fun and addicting, but I notice that there is one glaring error that needs to be rectified.

Specificly, the game's handeling of morons who leave the battle mid-match.

Whenever some idiot who can't stand losing leaves the battlefield, his character just stands there for the rest of the game, thus posing a significant disadvantage to his team.

Now, I have three possible solutions for the purpose of game balance:

Solution A: When one person quits, kick a person on the other team off (perferably a person with a similar summoner and/or skill level).

This soulution will probably make everyone hate the Devteam's guts, but it ought to be implemented as a temporary mesure... at least, untill AI control is perfected (see below).

Solution B: When the teams are uneven, give everone on the smaller team a status buff.

This provides the least inconvinence for the players, but the specifics of the buff ought to be played around with (but that's what a beta is for, right?). I propose a 10% stat buff for each player missing, but that's just my opinion.

Solution C: Have the missing player be controled by the computer.

This seems to be what the Devteam is aiming for, but this soultion is, sadly, unavalible at the moment.

If anyone has a better idea, just tell me.

Edrobot

08-27-2009

Whoops. Just realized that this was in the wrong forum. Can somebody move this for me?

Vins

08-27-2009

actually the idea is good,but the 1st is not so kicking a player means "detesting" him this is pretty fail others are fine

Commodore Frank

Adjudicator

08-27-2009

There were recent buffs to teams with leavers actually. I believe they get more gold/sec and towers become stronger.

I do wish that a leaver's champion would either receive a move command to the fountain or attempt to recall. There's no reason for them to stand around.

Solpandan

08-27-2009

i think Solution A is a relly good idea. becouse that will make you hate leaver much more and maby ppl stop leaveing..

Jozrael

QA Analyst

Follow Jozrael on Twitter

08-27-2009

Holy **** solution A is terribad. Why ruin someone else's experience? How would you feel being the person kicked?

Smaxx

08-30-2009

I'd prefer option C as the possibility to reconnect again (in case of a real disconnect/crash) is rather nice imo.

Actually, even a rather basic AI would be enough - just make npc hero kills less valueable.

feardragon

08-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore Frank View Post
I do wish that a leaver's champion would either receive a move command to the fountain or attempt to recall. There's no reason for them to stand around.
I would argue that there is a good reason to not have them move from the fountain if nobody is controlling them. The other team gets more gold for killing them. If they're not being controlled by being recalled around, it becomes rather ridiculous.

I say either option c or just do the following:
For the first 3 people that leave a team, destroy one of the opposing team's inhibitors and pause the respawn timer. If the leaver reconnects then the inhibitor is re-spawned. Also give 1 more gold every 5 seconds to the team with the leaver for every person that has left.

If a fourth person leaves give the remaining person super ability that does 20,000 damage and a 5 second cooldown so that they have a fair chance.
Just kidding.

If a fourth person leaves the last guy is screwed. One more thing though. I think there should be a reporting system for leavers. Basically, whenever a player disconnects and does not return for the entire game, players should have the ability to "mark" the player as a leaver at the end game(obviously only do-able if they player has actually left). From there Riot can implement their own style of punishment(leavers are more likely to fight with teams of leavers? After a certain number of leave marks, certain penalties on the leaver's stats are inflicted? Riot can decide this stuff).

I know this doesn't give much sympathy to those with bad connections but I'm sorry; whether you leave because you're being a ****** or you leave because you have a bad connection, the effect is still the same for your team.