[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Klikiss

03-14-2010

What do you think about using Stinger instead of Chalice? You lose the magic resist, but gain 20% attack speed, -10% cooldown. It's only 2.5 mana per 5 less regen, and a couple hundred gold. Later on you can upgrade it to a Nashor's Tooth, for more regen and also more speed and CD reduction.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klikiss View Post
What do you think about using Stinger instead of Chalice? You lose the magic resist, but gain 20% attack speed, -10% cooldown. It's only 2.5 mana per 5 less regen, and a couple hundred gold. Later on you can upgrade it to a Nashor's Tooth, for more regen and also more speed and CD reduction.

Chalice passive gives you LOTS of mana.

Slide

03-14-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azing View Post
@Quickslide: Chances are if your getting hurt enough to have to run back with Sivir, your playing her wrong. Though offensive individuals will be aggressive, spell shield and Ricochet should be fine enough in smacking most back and keeping them some distance from you once BB damage isn't so much of a threat. Sivir has a range advantage that can be played out easily. At the start Pots work fine in the fact she will need to be up closer and not so risky for other champions. Once you start progressing your Ricochet will just be forcing enemies to play more defensively with BB.
?? You sure your talking to me? Cause I never said anything of the sort. I have no problem and certainly never said I get sent back early. Your right Sivir is easy to stay alive with in the early game and 2 health pots is all you need. However to say that Sivir, one of the lowest ranged "ranged champions" has any sort of range advantage she can exploit is pretty silly.

I dont know what quality of enemy your playing against, but people I face dont take damage from ricochet because, unless your melee, youd have to be playing pretty relaxed to take anything resembling significant damage from it.

Once we are out of laning, well I have starks and health is no longer a problem.

In any case, like I said, not quite sure what your trying to say. I also find it laughable that you would tell me I play Sivir wrong considering this is an entire thread based on my build, strat and advice and you agreed at the beginning of your post that it is indeed good.

@EasymodeX: If your going to act like a jackass, Im not going to bother discussing with you. I wasnt talking about the 2 starting potions. We were talking after they have been used. You buy more? How many do you find you buy during mid game? Im still a little baffled at your build. That lifesteal coupled with regen does wonders for me.

Fragglerock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-14-2010

One thing possibly worth nothing about playing Aura Sivir, or Sivir in general, is that you will find yourself relying on your team a lot not to suck. You can have all the auras, have the rally down, cooldowns blown and if your team can't kill theirs... oh well.

Thing is, killing towers wins games, so I'm curious what peoples thoughts are on playing aura-style and leaving your team for the tactical advantage. I typically find myself abandoning a push and helping my team because our chances of killing them are greater with me around... but you waste a lot of time running around catching up to the fight. This might be why I roll mobility boots. And also why I lose a lot.

Slide

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingledot View Post
One thing possibly worth nothing about playing Aura Sivir, or Sivir in general, is that you will find yourself relying on your team a lot not to suck. You can have all the auras, have the rally down, cooldowns blown and if your team can't kill theirs... oh well.

Thing is, killing towers wins games, so I'm curious what peoples thoughts are on playing aura-style and leaving your team for the tactical advantage. I typically find myself abandoning a push and helping my team because our chances of killing them are greater with me around... but you waste a lot of time running around catching up to the fight. This might be why I roll mobility boots. And also why I lose a lot.
Well, to be perfectly honest, the whole game relies on your team. You can only carry an entire team by yourself and still win at relatively low ELO. Once you get higher, it doesnt matter if your playing Sivir or not, a fail team is a fail team.

Sivir, who would seem like she would be hit the hardest by this, being such an aura team player, is actually a little better off. As you mentioned, its pushing towers that wins games. We have all had games where we are getting slaughtered but win in the end because the oponents spent WAY too much time killing and none pushing.

Well, if Sivir is in the game, you have the best chance of pulling this off you can possibly expect. Not only is aura Sivir an incredible boon to your team, you are a rediculously fast pusher. One of the reasons Aegis is SO good on Sivir is in situations like this. I went over it earlier but you can push as fast as multiple heroes with this build. If my team was completely hopeless, I would certainly push by myself.

Its really a judgement call in most cases but one rule of thumb I always follow is:

If I can take a building and not lose the game, take that building! If my team truly is useless then using the time they tie up the other team to do some game winning is probably the best choice. You do need to know that you can get back to base and defend till your meatbags....err team mates get back onto the firld. So, if youve already lost both nexus towers, I wouldnt be extending yourself to get a tower. If youve lost a inhib tower and may lose the inhib, Id get back and defend.

In any case, it is a rare occasion I find that a team is just full of complete fail. Normally there are at least a couple gents in the game who know what they are doing. They may not follow your lead, but they may be worth following around.

I really think the most important part though is be a good team mate. Be nice, be helpful, encourage. doing these things will increase the chances your team mates listen to you. Dont get dragged into flame wars, dont let stupid things poeople say rile you up. This presents you as an adult and worth the respect of your team mates. It doesnt work every time (Sometimes I wish there was an age 20+, maybe higher, server) as some kids really have no intention of playing as a team, or sometimes even really playing. More often then not though, you can rally your team.

I actually consider this to be an essential part of playing Sivir. You are the battle mistress after all and should do your best to inspire and lead your team to victory! It would warm my heart if through the efforts of mine and others who play this way if Sivir became know as the "team player strategist" champion for those who want to be a leader.

No champion strikes me as some sort of banner general more then Sivir. She should be seen in the oposite light of assassin champs. While they might sit there and watch you die, Sivir will always be there to do her best for you! All she asks in return is loyalty!

Anyways, I didnt really say much in there lol. I would like to say that I ALWAYS queue up with at the VERY LEAST one real life friend who is good at the game. I NEVER solo queue. Havnt since beta (well shortly after release actually). I would say thats more of a culprit to your losses then your choice of boots. Boots really are interchangeable if you know how to take advantage of each type and what they offer you.

spreadfred

03-15-2010

fyi, i did just play a game with mana manip (eventually soul shroud), and i did find myself running out of mana a LOT. definitely get chalice.

ChodeBigload

03-15-2010

Does anyone have any advice for Sivir solo mid vs Ashe?

Usually I max BB first, but would getting Ric perhaps help me prevent her from harassing?

Thanks

Slide

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambreo View Post

Usually I max BB first, but would getting Ric perhaps help me prevent her from harassing?

Thanks
It will stop a bad Ashe from farming. A VERY bad Ashe. A decent Ashe will not get hit by many of the ricochet bounces and if they do, it will be by one of the last ones that deal very little damage.

The game you play with Ashe is pretty simple. Either you can harass (they dont dodge BB's, stupidly wander to close or into the creep wave, etc) and kill and the kind that you just cant. If your playing against the first type, all you need to do to beat ashe is stay behind your creep wave when spellshield is down and engage when spellshield is up. Most Ashes instinctively Volley if you rush them and this is a great source of mana and puts volley on cooldown. Aside from that its proper BB throwing. Once Ashe dings 6, be sure to have SS ready for the innevitable Enchanted Arrow. Easiest way to get a kill on ashe is spellshield the enchanted arrow when she moves in for the kill.

If your playing against a really good ashe that stays back and farms once they realise Volley Harass is pretty useless against Sivir, Id just ignore her and concentrate on keeping her under her tower. Stay safe, damage the tower when you can and let it eat your oponent last hits. Ashe can not compete against Sivir when it comes to pushing and if you have a lane oponent you cant get the better of, its best to just push your tower down and farm so you can go push other first towers and get your starks rolling.

Just remember that Sivir is not a killer and wasting time and resources trying to pull off a kill can set you back a lot farther then just doing your job and not getting killed. Your Sivir, you dont need kills to get your items!

EasymodeX

03-15-2010

Quote:
@EasymodeX: If your going to act like a jackass, Im not going to bother discussing with you.
You're the one who asked me if I run around for half the game without a way to regain health.

Quote:
You buy more? How many do you find you buy during mid game?
Sure, probably 4-6 total, which amounts to around 175 gold. I also buy a red potion and some wards, so I spend around 700 on consumables at/through midgame.

Quote:
Im still a little baffled at your build. That lifesteal coupled with regen does wonders for me.
The lifesteal and regen is good for sustained autoattack on creeps (hp pots do the same). It's poor for burst survivability or durability.

I played several games with 11/19/0 and a few with 9/21/0 this weekend, using the Stark's build.

Few things I noticed:

1. Stark's was slightly better for an immediate 5-man push, although that may have just been the teammates / composition.

2. It's definitely useful for dragon pushing while sustaining the HPs of teammates.

3. It gets rolled harder by burst damage.

4. It doesn't do any different damage against towers.

5. I had less mana to work with throughout the game (no points invested in the utility tree). With just a Chalice, I was draining mana a bit faster than having the 4% regen and +3 mana/5, making level 1-5 more of a chore. So, less hard harass and I had to play more defensively with Ricochet, rather than leaning on the opponent with BB.

6. As far as solomid, due to less mana and more hp/armor/magic resist, it was harder to lane against champs like Nidalee who require a sterner offensive presence, but easier to lane against champs like Tristana, where you need a counter-attack methodology.

7. The higher attack rate with Stark's was more threatening from a sustained DPS and perception standpoint, even though hits with the Brutalizer packed a lot more punch (110 damage per hit versus 70). It also drained more mana with Ricochet.

8. Stark's was weaker for taking a side tower while your main team pushes / distracts / contains the enemy. I think this was a combination of armor aura from the Aegis as well as raw damage from Sivir. The exception to this is Rally, which works better for Stark's than for Aegis/Brutalizer, but has a long cooldown.

9. Either way, there didn't seem to be a major difference in effectiveness in general scenarios. What made a fundamental difference was whether or not the enemy team has high-pressure, unavoidable burst damage or not. For example, a burst initiation cycle like Malphite -> Anniebear -> Ryze+ is stronger against Stark's, weaker against an Aegis. On the flip side, a longer engagement setup where the opponent has like Ryze -> SorakaTaricHealspam -> Ashe Volleylol, etc is weaker against Stark's due to the sustained lifesteal.

gunsharp

03-15-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by tambreo View Post

Thanks
Ashe is extremely easy to mid against. She'll be pushing at your tower from levels 1-4, but once you hit 5 and have leveled up your BB as much as you can, you'll be 2 shotting her with it. Once you hit 4 or 5, start the heavy harassment to force her to drink her health pots and try to get her to BP right as you hit 6. Usually, if you get the timing down, you can get a cannon creep in your wave just as you push her tower and can ult/rally to almost break it if she doesn't have teleport.

If the Ashe has hit 6 and BPs back, push tower while changing where you're standing every couple of seconds so that she can't ult you from the base. You'll be lacking minion vision so it may be hard to spell shield it. Regardless, no need to take the risk just to show the Ashe up.

The only annoying thing about Ashe is her Volley. I'm never quite sure if the minion in front of me is going to block it or not or if it'll just squeeze through a hole in the line, but you can take a few hits from it and it's not a big deal.