Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

EasymodeX

03-11-2010

I usually go Chalice - Brutalizer - Aegis - Stark's.

Brutalizer + Aegis gives a lot more tower pushing capability than Stark's, particularly when you're not talking a 5-man push. Everything from the raw damage, to the ArPen.

In addition, if you're not hidden in a 5-man, the extra HP/armor/mres is important for Sivir's survival.

Stark's is a highly 5-man-push strategy. Without an early 5-man push, Stark's is too much of an investment in 0 durability.

The other piece of the equation is that OTH already gives a good attack speed pump. Stark's gives "even even more", but Aegis gives +10 damage instead. The +damage and +speed is a better combination than +speed +speed. And cheaper too.

(Note: Stark's armor debuff does not affect towers of course, so you're only spreading the attack speed for tower pew pew).

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Quote:
EasymodeX:
I usually go Chalice - Brutalizer - Aegis - Stark's.

Brutalizer + Aegis gives a lot more tower pushing capability than Stark's, particularly when you're not talking a 5-man push. Everything from the raw damage, to the ArPen.

In addition, if you're not hidden in a 5-man, the extra HP/armor/mres is important for Sivir's survival.

Stark's is a highly 5-man-push strategy. Without an early 5-man push, Stark's is too much of an investment in 0 durability.

The other piece of the equation is that OTH already gives a good attack speed pump. Stark's gives "even even more", but Aegis gives +10 damage instead. The +damage and +speed is a better combination than +speed +speed. And cheaper too.

(Note: Stark's armor debuff does not affect towers of course, so you're only spreading the attack speed for tower pew pew).

Be prepared for a lot of people to tell you that starks is better

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Okay okay, I concede... Rally it is

Question again about boots, do you ever wait to upgrade to tier 2 boots to see what you need, or do you just upgrade ASAP? Because most times I'm not BPing back until I have enough money for chalice AND mobility boots. But it would speed up the Starks quite a lot to get tier 1 boots and complete them later.

Slide

03-11-2010

I have to thoroughly disagree with you on that EasymodeX.

Starks, even by itself, is well worth the cost on JUST you. If you have even ONE other physical DPS champ on your team, NOTHING is going to give you better bang for your buck then starks.

I personally play with 8/22/0 in my masteries and dodge runes. It may be this that lets me get away with the lack of survivability untill Aegis. It might just be that I have my starks completed at level 10 every game.

What I can tell you is, your math on +10 damage doing more for Sivir then 45% attack speed is wrong. Doubly so if you get a brutalizer (which isnt bad on Sivir at all by the way, just not optimal for this build/strat). The problem being of course, OTH is only active for 15 seconds every 90 seconds. This is not enough attack speed for Sivir. I even run with 32% attack speed from runes and masteries, and I find that the extra attack speed from starks, damage wise, beats out getting a small damage item that early. Once you factor in the armor reducing aura and the great lifesteal, there is just no comparison.

The whole reason this works well is because that early in the game, carries havnt goten to the ridiculous stage yet. I have absolutely 0 trouble keeping myself alive at that point just through dodge, lifesteal and my defensive masteries. This lets my early push be as absolutely strong as possible.

Now if your sticking a brutalizer in before you grab an aura, I could see that pushing starks back far enough that you would indeed be too squishy at that point. I can also tell you that a recurve bow (+40% attack speed) gives more damage to you then the entire brutalizer.

Now as to your claim that brutralizer + aegis gives more pushing power, I disagree again. For one, you have absolutely no way to gain health in your build. This only will stop you from pushing as much as you will no doubt require some fountain trips. We then take a look at HOW Sivir pushes. A large part of her push is how she deals with creeps at towers. You need that extra attack speed to ensure that your creep wave doesnt move to engage the enemy creeps. Keeping them on the tower does far more damage to it then you possibly could with your brutalizer and aegis. Thats not even counting Sivirs damage. Needless to say, as soon as you get 1 other champion with you, physical or not, as far as tower damage is concerned, you two will outdamage a brutalizer + aegis build by leaps and bounds.

For some reason I think people have the belief that if you arent running in a 5 man gank/pushing squad, this build doesnt work well. That is not the case. In fact, if you even have a SINGLE teamate who knows how to run with this Sivir build, your going to get more out of it then ANYTHING else you could do with Sivir.

Now, all that being said, if you want to grab a brutalizer after starks and aegis instead of going straight for blood thirster, I could see that working. I wouldnt consider it before starks though as I find that the lifesteal components and from starks itself is essential to Sivirs good progression in games. Going to faountain without teleport up is something a Sivir should NEVER do. You want to stay out there racking in gold and XP to keep your advantage untill you can use it to end the game.

VanWendell

03-11-2010

Quote:
QUICKSLIDE:

I personally play with 8/22/0 in my masteries and dodge runes.

First off, thanks to everyone who contributed to this guide, I'm a very new player (4 days now), and it has been invaluable...

Could you be more specific for the talent breakdown? A lot of it is obvious, but a few are not so much... (Hardened Skin v. Stength of Spirit v. ?)

Cheers,

Van

Fragglerock

Recruiter

03-11-2010

Know where there might be some good videos from a Sivir perspective. These last couple days I'm getting a loss for every win and while its not all my fault (been getting some fairly sub-par teams. I pretty much expect a loss when they have alistair and we have no tank. Actually, I don't think I've had a tank in the last 5+ games...), pretty much every sivir mirror match in the mid beats me so I know I'm not doing everything I can. I'll figure it out eventually, but it would be nice to see if there is any particular technique I'm not getting quite right.

tehmonk

03-11-2010

i'd just like to point out that sivir makes a great side solo if your team is either willing to double up on mid or if someone's jungling. 1v2 early game, sivir's inherent ability to harass while staying out of harm's way will both keep two opposing heroes underfarmed and if you're lucky and skilled enough, push them back to fountain to keep them underleveled.

gunsharp

03-11-2010

Quote:
Zingledot:
Know where there might be some good videos from a Sivir perspective. These last couple days I'm getting a loss for every win and while its not all my fault (been getting some fairly sub-par teams. I pretty much expect a loss when they have alistair and we have no tank. Actually, I don't think I've had a tank in the last 5+ games...), pretty much every sivir mirror match in the mid beats me so I know I'm not doing everything I can. I'll figure it out eventually, but it would be nice to see if there is any particular technique I'm not getting quite right.

For mirror matches, stand to the side of your creep line to force her to either hit your creeps or try to hit you. Level your BB as much as possible. Always try to shield one hit of her BB to restore your mana. Other than that, it's pretty much all about who's the better anticipator at aiming the skill shot.

*Edit* I figured I would post a couple of general tips on how to hit with BB. These will usually only work once or twice at mid but once you hit level 5 and your BB starts to nuke the enemy mid for at least 1/3 their health, that's really all you need to get them to bp so you can push mid.

1) People are greedy and will always go for that last hit. Use this to your advantage. Just as the enemy champ right clicks on one of your minions to last hit, throw out a BB at them. You should be at the range where it gets a quick double hit. This usually works because when they right click to last hit, their mouse will be out of position to dodge laterally. This is a timing attack that becomes pretty easy to hit with if against average mids.

2) It's instinctive to run backwards when you see an enemy running towards you. Thus, one thing you can do is first throw your BB in their most likely escape path back and then run forward immediately like there's a gank coming. Since it's instinctive to run back, they will have very little time to react once they see your BB coming. This is most useful when they try to be smart and stand off to the side of the creep line.

3) Disguise your BB throws. As in, don't suddenly just rush up and then throw it since this will put them on guard. Instead, stand by your creeps and auto-attack a couple of times like you're just farming. Then when you see an opportunity (usually when they're last hitting), throw out your BB. Because your auto-attack and BB look somewhat similar, this can also ensure a few hits.

Poltergeist2397

03-12-2010

Question on laning against Tristana in mid: How do you handle an aggressive one? One who continually attempts to attack you as much as the creeps. She's my hardest opponent when I'm mid, and I'm not quite sure how to handle her. Admittedly, I am running utility masteries instead of defensive, so that may help my survivability, but regardless.

Slide

03-12-2010

@Zingledot: Sorry mate, not trying to bludgeon you into using a specific summoner spell. If fortify gives you better results then use it. I just find that that inhibitor tower battle to be the swing point in a LOT of matches and rally really helps in that respect.

In a normal game where Im doing well, but havnt gotten a kill on my lane opponent I generally BP at level 4 and buy my chalice and a vamp scepter. At this point Ive usually used both my potions and possibly my rally so the vamp scepter becomes my lane healing method.

If I got a kill, I will buy chalice, scepter and boots 1. Now, because I generally go for Berzerker boots, and I can get my attack speed from getting the recurve bow, I will often leave my boots at 1 if I am unsure how I want to proceed.

If Ive gotten more then one kill, I buy whatever i can afford. Chalice, scepter, boots, rejuve bead, emblem, dagger, zerker boots. Thats my priority in games Im doing well.

If im not doing well, I will leave boots at 1 and concentarte on getting my starks.

The only time I change this up is when I face a caster in mid and they are good. If your facing a good annie, karthus, anivia or fiddles in mid, getting chalice scepter and another null magic mantle (to be turned into merc treads) is the way to go. The good thing about facing casters in mid is that they are squishy and BB REALLY hurts them. This generally gets me at least one kill before I BP and is what affords me the extra null magic mantle (whereas normally I would buy boots 1). Youd be suprised how easy it is to deal with those champions when you have spellshield and that kind of early magic resist. This also, fortunately, often shuts down their game a little from not getting kills on you.

In the end it really comes down to how much gold you have and what you can afford. Use this basic guidelines for now but eventually you will have a good grasp of what you need and wat would be more efficient to pick up when you BP.

Sorry no videos.

As far as mirror matching goes, gunsharp did a pretty good job in summing it up. I just have one thing to add. There are 2 choices to make when you go against a mirror match with Sivir. The first option, the one that most people go with because its what you would do for pretty much every opther champ is focus on the enemy Sivir and try and outharass and possibly kill them. This is great if you are better then the enemy. There is however, with Sivir, another option.

Ignore the enemy Sivir. Not completely, be sure to dodge BB's and whatnot, but focus your efforts on pushing the creep wave. Remember, Sivir is NOT an assassin/ganking/FB champ. If you can reliably dodge BB's your best bet is to just farm and push. Ive seen a lot of Sivir VS Sivir turn into a dancing game around BB and spellshield. Your wasting time and mana doing this. If the enemy Sivir is intent on the dance, dont play that game. BB the creep wave, atack the creep wave and push the other Sivir into her tower. Even Sivir can have her gold stolen by towers. In the end what happens is youve damaged the mid tower more then yours has been damaged and youve attained more gold then the enemy Sivir. Thats a win. Marginal compared to killing them 3 times and pushing that tower down, but if that just isnt an option, Id go with this strat.

One last thing about gunsharps BB tips. Im pretty sure I mentioned this somewhere but I will say it again. You should ALWAYS be moving as Sivir. It keeps your passive up, makes it difficult for the enemy to read and predict you and more importantly, keeps you from telegraphing your BB throws. Only stand still for the moment it takes to whip out a blade to get your last hits. Otherwise, be moving. Back and forth works fine, just be sure to throw random movements and directions in there so it stays unpredictable.

@ Van Wendell:

Yup no problem bud.

Offense: 1 point in the AP, 3 in crit chance. Hate both of those on Sivir but we need to get to tier 2 for the 4% attack speed. Thats the whole offense tree.

Defense:

3 in Resistance (+6 MR)
3 in Hardiness (+6 Armor)
4 in dodge (+2% dodge)
1 in MS on dodge (+10MS on dodge)
2 in less creep damage (-2 creep damage per attack)
1 in lower physical damage (-1 physical damage)
4 in Veterans Scars (+60 HP)
3 in Ardor (2% atk spd +2% atk spd by 18, AP is useless to us here)
1 in Tenacity (4% damage reduction)

For 22 points.

In my opinion, this mastery set up is what lets the rest of this build work in such an easy flowing manner. It helps with your early game health management and keeps you fine on defense untill you pick up aegis. We have a lot of overall defense with this and our dodge runes + passive give more physical mitigation and our chalice gives us that extra magical mitigation. Its a defensive strategy that scales well throughout the entire game. Youll notice the 2 true defensive items in the build (Aegis and GA) both give armor and magic resist (as well as a little health from Aegis) and that they are staggered evenly through the build.

@tehmonk:

Yup absolutely bud. Sivir is, in my opinion, the BEST candidate to solo a side lane. Im not sure I would use this build (may be a little light on the health management to go up against 2 enemy champions, perhaps that earlier aegis would be better in that situation). That of course, would be a different guide.

@Poltergeist:

Yep your masteries are probably the culprit here. Tristana is my easiest matchup in mid and my easiest kill in mid. You can rely on trsitanas to engage you when you have 1/3rd health. They will rocket jump to you and try to take you down. IF its before 6 when this happens, and it normally is, its pretty simple what you do.

Drop Rally Flag, activate potion, throw BB and chase for the kill. The only time this isnt possible is if the oponent has dodged every single one of your BB's. If thats the case, ignore her. Punish her if you can, but concentrate on farming and pushing. Defensive masteries will help a LOT here but so will staying moving. Youd be surpised how much you will dodge with dodge runes, dodge mastery and your passive.

Aside from that, if they arent in kill range, when they engage you, throw a BB into them as you run and do your best to arc it into them on the way back. A lot of trsitanas will put the extra effort into dodgingf half of BB's damage instead of harassing your more. If you can manage this well enough, you should be able to keep up in damage with trist no problem.

I must say though that Rally is a LARGE part of my early dealings with trist. It plus a potion is so much early regen that trist will barely be able to damage you. Add in your damage bonus on your attacks and your awesome nuke BB (which is REALLY easy to hit with if the person is standing next to you, like tristana after she rocket jumps) and then just autop attack away. Occasionally they will get away, but more often then not wont have teleport and you will get to push the tower down.

The only thing that makes that ifficult, or rather touch and go, is ignite. The extra damage can nullify what your gaining from the potion and rally flag. The healing reduction itself isnt a big deal. Trist has that as an ability and it never gives me any trouble. Its that whack of damage from ignite that does it. Fortunately, because they pack their own anti heal, few tristanas take ignite. If its likely your facing a trist in mid, check if they haveignite. If they do, play extra cautious and have that spel;lshield ready at all times. They leap in, you spellshield immediately. About 50% of the time youll miss the rocket jump but the ignite will get eaten by the shield.

Hope that helps folks!