[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ręko

09-11-2010

Thanks for the feedback i do however think it is important to determine witch one would be of more use just like the boots i think it should be a toss up between Chalice and manamune depending if its a caster heavy team ur going against thin Chalice if a lot of melee or physical dmg thin maybe Manamune to help more in the teem fights and it would be nice if some one would say something other than 8/22/0 or 9/21/0 for the build maybe an in depth point for point for it but i think i got the right points in the right places however say if u were wanting to do a dps Sivir witch i know u might be against what would be a good line up of items for Siver just in case the team ur in r full of morons ? And u figure u might as well have a bit of fun while ur losing /cry

Ręko

09-11-2010

@Demiorkan ur new build for Siver is nice i just don't like the long w8 for the gold to get BC id opt for a LW for mid-late game its speed helps and its base of 40% ArP is to me a cheaper and just as satisfying as BC other than the 65AD difference of coarse. Banshee's Veil the more mana the better imo since it will help stack with Manamune.
Another thing with all the changes do u still think getting Aegis of the Legion is worth it basically what do u think the new aura Siver item build should be ? O and one last thing

Ręko

09-11-2010

its hard to learn whin to pop ur rally ><

Genomax

09-23-2010

I (almost) absolutely agree with this guide. So many guides for Sivir I've seen concentrate on making her a DPS beast, which just isn't her strongest point. I've been playing Sivir as an Aura hoarder as well, and it is absolutely beastly. Once, my team was doing really badly, and we were completely pressed up against our base. After a bit of farming, however, I made enough money to get myself a couple of auras, and we were able to completely turn the tables and win the game.

Great job with the guide, I hope more people follow it.

Radamanthys3

09-23-2010

@OP, how viable is Aura Sivir now with Sona out?

Or to be more precise, if I wanted to go Aura build, is Sivir still the best choice?

MasterOfBots

09-26-2010

Holy **** thank you for posting this build, i haven't lost one game with Sivir using this build.

I even out play the other Sivir i was solo-miding against. Also made someone rage quit lol.

Nice build well explained although since the rally nerf i use either cleanse or clairvoyance.

MasterOfBots

09-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radamanthys3 View Post
@OP, how viable is Aura Sivir now with Sona out?

Or to be more precise, if I wanted to go Aura build, is Sivir still the best choice?
I just played a game as aura Sivir with Sona on our team we still raped them hard. We made jax rage quit. I think aura Sivir is still very viable and this build (as the guide says)is very good if your solo mid.

Mogri

10-06-2010

Sona isn't in Sivir's league for farming or pushing. Sivir received a much-needed (although very minor) range buff in the last patch, so if you were having laning problems before, give the new range a try.

FaerellG

10-17-2010

Just wanted to pop in and say that I really like this build. It's the "Only" strat that works for Sivir right now. AP is just plain silly. AD is functional, but there are so many others that are better at AD even with Sivirs enhanced gold farming.

A few observations I've had while using this:

*A good Teemo ruins your day in mid. The fast movement, with the little "Tap and run" poison damage is insanely infuriating. You probably want to switch out if you encounter a good Teemo early game. The only thing (pre lev 6) that you can Spell Shield is his Blinding bolt...which you can't tell when it's coming. It has no tell aside from observing playstyle. Even the mushrooms will require an Oracles for you to see. Late game, I do love running over Shrooms with spell shield.
*Tanks also ruin your day, but for different reasons. They just are able to take the hits and keep coming at you. If they're leveled and built properly, your BB will be rather minimal and not the nuke and harassment you want. Just out lane them and hope your minions can be the harassment.
*The range upgrade makes a huge difference. I'm finding myself getting kills and assists that I can't even see on the screen cause the Ricochet has bounced off the screen.
*Sona does not diminish an Aura Sivir's effectiveness, infact, I feel it boosts. Sona is no slacker for burst damage nor disables (her ult is amazing for making them stand still and eat the full brunt of your BB). In fact, Sona's auras seem to multiply the awesomeness in team fights. Massive amounts of aura stacking is not to be underestimated, and heals are something that Sivir can't do. Sivir's role remains as a pusher and minion farmer. Late game, I often find myself alternate laning 2 lanes using Teleport and Ult for speed. Pay no need to pubbers telling you that Sona means you don't need an Aura Sivir.

My personal Build is currently:
Meki + Mana pot + Heath pot
Meki -> Chalice
Boots and/or Vamp Scepter (Vamp if you're dealing with someone hitting you hard, Boots if getting away is an issue)

The boot/vamp priority is dependent on the other team. Ideally, you want Starks faster, so the general rule is:
Vamp + Recurve -> Starks ASAP

But if you're having trouble with CC or speed, then grab your boots first. (Merc or Ninja)
So the above are the obvious items for any Sivir, for the remaining 3 I leave for Aegis, Frozen Mallet, and Wards/Elixirs.

I noticed not many people mentioned Phage/Frozen Mallet here. I really like this item for Sivir because of the following: Slow Effect, Lots of HP, and a bit of AD. It's as close to being an Aura item without being aura. As an Aura Sivir, your goal is to assist your allies in whatever they need. Starks and Aegis provide some nice defense. Phage provides slow which is offensive and helps your team get the ganks.

I will be trying the Manamune to replace the Chalice in the future. That sounds like a lot of fun.

*Runes:
So...I followed the Dodge Seals, Mana Regen Glyphs part...But for Marks and Quints, I decided to go half/half with AP and AS. If figured that they're multiplicative. Your damage output is roughly Damage * AS, so you want to aim for a "square". 2*8 is less than 5*5 is the idea. I'll probably want to theory craft that some more, but that's the general idea.

Playstyle:
I love how subtle her style is. One of the key skills is learning how to cause a lane to snowball and thus dictacte where your enemies must defend. This is mostly late game. It can easily turn a losing game into a winning one when your opponents are forced to split off 2 guys to deal with lanes while your team 4v3s or 5v3s against them...or they can just watch your minions kill the towers for you.

Wards are REALLY important for Sivir. She has no disables nor slows. And she only has 1 Spell shield per "gank" attempt. So you really need to know they're coming. Wards in the bushes are absolutely crucial. More crucial for Sivir than other more durable, or faster champions with superior escape skills.

One more really critical observation on playstyle is that Sivir should always be higher level than opponents. You gotta push so hard that they miss out on XP. Remember your zones of engagement. When you are attacked, all of your minions will attack the champion attacking you as a priority. Early game, this is really important to scoring damage on your opponent while keeping in XP earning zone.

The time when her BB becomes a serious nuke is when it's at level 2-3 while enemies are still low level. Sivir needs to be a couple levels higher to be a serious threat in a 1 on 1 fight. Her BB just doesn't do enough damage otherwise. As Sivir, you need to move based on the minions. Push lanes where enemy minions are snowballing and turn them into a snowball of your minions. Follow a wave of your own to push a tower...whatever it is, aim for large XP gains and money gains. Sivir needs to out level and out farm the opposing team. If you can't do that, then you're going to fail at the aura build.

Questions:
1. Any suggestions for how to deal with Teemo?
2. Suggestions for different item builds?
3. My current summoner spells are Flash and Teleport. I've been considering switching Flash out for Ghost for superior chasing (sometimes, even sivir has to do it, or sometimes to give my chasing ally some cover). Thoughts?
3b. Does the BB+Flash combo for 3 hits work? How often have you used the combo? I've almost never been in a situation where I've had the opportunity to use it as I stay at range if I can
4. How about Rally instead of Flash? Teleport is too useful to get rid of.

In closing:
Thank you Mogri and Quikslide. This guide and playstyle has led me to Sivir as my main. I lurk on the boards and watch this thread regularly for developments in the build. And thanks ahead of time for any help people can provide with my questions.

biomorph

10-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
Just wanted to pop in and say that I really like this build. It's the "Only" strat that works for Sivir right now. AP is just plain silly. AD is functional, but there are so many others that are better at AD even with Sivirs enhanced gold farming.
The problem with Sivir is not so much what she can or can not do in and out of her self but more the current meta game. Team play is generally very sporadic and it calls for - not sure how to word it - self reliant champions that can survive focus for more than 2 seconds. Sivir just isn't one of those. So I would agree that this is indeed a good guide but unless I have 2-4 other mates in a premade and a decent setup I stay away from Sivir. She rocks in a good setup but just plain fodder in "bad" setups.
If you try following this guide and fail in solo queues do not be surprised (not saying that you will every time). It's just how the meta game is currently. Reserve Sivir usage for premades.