[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Slide

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplosiv View Post
Dear QUICKSLIDE,

i am a budding Sivir player, i like her most of ALL champs i have played so far.
i was wondering if you could send me the same information you sent Mogri,
If you need my email... is there a way to PM on these forums?
i dont know, or i would have PM'ed this instead aswell :P

thanks in advance,
-Schizo
Everything I wrote up was covered in this thread. If you read the thread (and you should, even though a lot of info is outdated) you know everything I put down to paper.

Im trying to get enough time together to test and write a new guide based on double stacking starks. Its been a pretty ridiculous strategy with some team comps and is the most effective way ive found to play Sivir (aside from ignoring everyone else in the game and just pushing everything you can and GTFO before the enemy shows up. Lots of damage and MS. Works well but its not for new players).

To anyone else checking this out:

The strategies and build listed in this thread does still work. Its not the epic autowin that it used to be, but it is still a very effective way to play Sivir. I recommend to anyone learning Sivir to take this as a base and go from there.

That being said all the tactics are still perfectly legit as those wont change untill the fundamental way that sivirs abilities work are changed.

Bitterz

07-25-2010

Just recently picked up Siv, and am wondering how viable this guide is in today's meta. Really enjoy the whole push a whole lane in 2 minutes mechanic, and have messed around with this build some, but still wonder if I'm get'n it.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Mogri

07-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by QUICKSLIDE View Post
The strategies and build listed in this thread does still work. Its not the epic autowin that it used to be, but it is still a very effective way to play Sivir. I recommend to anyone learning Sivir to take this as a base and go from there.

That being said all the tactics are still perfectly legit as those wont change untill the fundamental way that sivirs abilities work are changed.
This pretty much sums it up.

zeirios

07-31-2010

Lets say I get fed in teh beginning and get a quick shoes, chalice, stark, aegis, phantom, bloodthirster. But now I'm getting focused in team fights first so what should i replace with what? Chalice with GA or something? I was thinking frozen armor instead of chalice first. Are BT and phantom completely unnecessary?

Slide

07-31-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeirios View Post
Lets say I get fed in teh beginning and get a quick shoes, chalice, stark, aegis, phantom, bloodthirster. But now I'm getting focused in team fights first so what should i replace with what? Chalice with GA or something? I was thinking frozen armor instead of chalice first. Are BT and phantom completely unnecessary?
I would sell chalice for GA. Auras stay while you revive + it forces everyone to re target someone else for a few seconds. If your running mana runes late game you dont need chalice.

Bloodthirster is the best damage item to get on Sivir, I wouldnt skip it.

Yes, Phantom Dancer is completely unecessary, Or at the very least I would get it last, after GA.

Mogri

08-03-2010

Keep in mind that in that situation, you really want to end the game quickly. You'll be the best-equipped player on your team, but it translates to lots of team power instead of one really uber character like most toons end up being. The relative advantage will diminish over time, so you really need to take charge and get everyone pushing.

Br4gi

08-04-2010

I realy enjoyed this Guide, everything is clear and best of it: u are right, that this might be the best way to play sivir (though ap-sivir can be soooooo funny ^^)

I rly like playing sivir the way uve exposed. In one point u might be wrong: This way to play sivir is even good to stomp pubs, if u can use BB correctly

What i want to know is,
have u ever considered soul shrout as item on aura-sivir? Ive tried it, and i think it can be quite nice for this type of sivir if starks and aegis are finished. Health is nice, manaregeneration as well and sivir even takes handsome profits of the cd-reductions (BB and ulti).

Slide

08-04-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br4gi View Post
What i want to know is,
have u ever considered soul shrout as item on aura-sivir? Ive tried it, and i think it can be quite nice for this type of sivir if starks and aegis are finished. Health is nice, manaregeneration as well and sivir even takes handsome profits of the cd-reductions (BB and ulti).
Pretty sure we covered it somewhere in the first 50 pages.

The problem with Soul Shroud is oportunity cost. Sivir can EASILY get 6 top tier items. Why waste a slot on health, mana regen (which she doesnt need engame) and cooldown (which she NEVER needs, we covered that, in depth, multiple times in the thread).

I wouldnt give up a thirster or a GA for a soul shroud thats for sure.

Br4gi

08-04-2010

sorry, if this question was already asked, but i just read through the guide and not the following threads (im too lazy to read 24 pages ^^)

i just thought, that if the main purpose of this aura sivir is to support the team, a soulshroud would fit, cause then even casters would take some profit.
but i see the point that u would rather go for damage in endgame. its just, that soulshrout would simply complete the aura-built and it also didnt seem such a bad item to me in general
but thanks for response anyway

joshiez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-08-2010

I tried reading through to find the answer to my question and didn't find it (search is disabled as of writing this), so I'm addressing this mostly to Quickslide, but anyone can answer

Does the minion damage bonus on Fortify apply on ricochet hits? What about BB?

If so, that's a pretty awesome early game farming bonus *and* a late game defense mechanism rolled into one ability...

Thanks in advance!