[Guide] God Tier Aura Sivir

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

illzlli

05-24-2010

Wait until you mid against a good karthus or kat. They are sivir-breakers in mid. In between the shunpos and the lay wastes, you will wish it was ashe instead.

Biggest tip on fighting these champs that seem to counter you so well: Don't Die.

Seriously, you may get pushed back to turret and end up tower hugging but at least you dont give them any more gold. Once you die, your tower goes with it.

Felidar

06-01-2010

Has anyone tried some of the new items from this patch with Sivir? I noticed that her item recommendations are different as well, although I'm not going to ditch the tried and true build for the new one without a significant consensus that it's better.

Gorion

06-20-2010

hey, really nice guide
I consider my self to be a fairly average player, though I've been playing sivir for a while now... just past 100win with her . anyway just played 2 games with the OP's runes/mastery's/items though i usually always get starks/chalice and scored 2 wins, going 6/1/4 won the game, the second 8/2/9.

what do you guys think of swapping chalice for tear of goddess, i've taken a liking to this with the mana bonus since i spam BB and shield alot. Then maybe later upgrading for the ap bonus. I realise in the beging i'm not regenerating mana as fast so i use rico sparingly, for harassment with BB.

edit- Would anyone consider swapping ageis for extra dmg item if your doing well and have been able to kill the other mid guy a couple of times.?

Camen Sieder

06-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal1n View Post
hey, really nice guide
I consider my self to be a fairly average player, though I've been playing sivir for a while now... just past 100win with her . anyway just played 2 games with the OP's runes/mastery's/items though i usually always get starks/chalice and scored 2 wins, going 6/1/4 won the game, the second 8/2/9.

what do you guys think of swapping chalice for tear of goddess, i've taken a liking to this with the mana bonus since i spam BB and shield alot. Then maybe later upgrading for the ap bonus. I realise in the beging i'm not regenerating mana as fast so i use rico sparingly, for harassment with BB.

edit- Would anyone consider swapping ageis for extra dmg item if your doing well and have been able to kill the other mid guy a couple of times.?
chalice is regen and magic D so if they're not heavy AP or their AP champs dont phase you then go for it.

As far as swapping out an aegis for your own personal damage then I would say no and absolutely pointless to this build and how sivir should be played imho. You might be owning it up against their mid and that is great and all, but once the team fights start you'll just be pushing yourself further away from the team/aura support sivir is meant to be used as. that and AP sivir>AD sivir so don't try to be the carry by any means because afterall not even your masteries are designed for damage output.

If you want to be able to spam that BB and always have ricochet on then the tears might be good for you, but if they have some AP champs I would favor the chalice by far.

If you get fed really well early game in mid you could maybe ignore the aegis if you needed more mana to start working towards a locket instead and give your team more staying power with heals. You could pick up the mana manipulator for 450 and grab that locket or even soul shroud (depending on what your team needs more) later...

So focus on items you need, but can also help your team too =) if mana is your main problem then pick up an item that builds into an aura item, but only if it fits into your teams line-up

BrokenBoySoulja

06-25-2010

HIya there I've got a question about runes- would it be better to use flat mana regen glyphs instead of mana regen per level, which seem like they are designed to give you more of a late game advantage when your manas sorted thanks to chalice whereas at early game mana is tight (especially if your still learning how to SS)?

Xplosiv

06-25-2010

Dear QUICKSLIDE,

i am a budding Sivir player, i like her most of ALL champs i have played so far.
i was wondering if you could send me the same information you sent Mogri,
If you need my email... is there a way to PM on these forums?
i dont know, or i would have PM'ed this instead aswell :P

thanks in advance,
-Schizo

Bonegnasher

06-25-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenBoySoulja View Post
HIya there I've got a question about runes- would it be better to use flat mana regen glyphs instead of mana regen per level, which seem like they are designed to give you more of a late game advantage when your manas sorted thanks to chalice whereas at early game mana is tight (especially if your still learning how to SS)?
I would say definitely not. The per level runes give you more regen once you hit 4 (it might be 5, I'm not positive), which is very early. They're also great runes for a plethora of other champions, making them a solid investment of you hard earned IP.

Also, I was wondering if this build is still THE Sivir build, even after the all the nerfs.

Tenshiro

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-26-2010

Alright, time to update here. Currently too much of a lazy basterd to read stuff since my last post.

QUICKSLIDE said that this current guide needs to be adapted because of all the updates that kept happening.

Meanwhile, I took the liberty of writing another guide featuring a similar yet more frail approach. Hope Mogri doesn`t mind if I post it here. =b

http://leaguecraft.com/strategies/gu...Princess+lives!

Gorion

06-26-2010

I was wondering: On the odd occasion i am forced to lane with some random person(in particular an ammu), who continually overextends. So naturally i follow his lead and help out and end up getting stunned/slowed and die while he gets away. This happens again; From this point. A) Do i keep following and trying to help or B) sit back at tower and let him die.

Miltus

06-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pal1n View Post
A) Do i keep following and trying to help or B) sit back at tower and let him die.
C) Politely tell him to stop doing it.

If that doesn't work, B. Just let him learn the hard way.