Jungle Poppy

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JedimasterDarren

05-03-2011

I have jungled Poppy for probably 40-50 games this past month and love jungling her. She is certainly not top tier, but does fine. The key reason I jungle her is that IMO her jungle is much better than her lane phase. She can get off to a more consistent start and farm in the jungle with ease before doing the things junglers do. She is an above average ganker and counter jungler, especially with exhaust/red buff IMO.

I have read all I could on the internet and watch U-Tubes as well. Here is a popular guide: http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board....php?p=1774964

This link lists her tier 4 with some info in the posts: http://eu.leagueoflegends.com/board/...ad.php?t=39737

Elementz does not list Poppy in his jungle tier list.

I am just interested in learning what experienced Poppy players have to say about her jungle and what is their general game plan. I would post mine, but I dont' want to turn this into a low ELO guide for people to flame. We each have our routes and preferred playstyle.

I am in particular interested in how you itemize her early. Do you use the standard cloth, 5HP or a regrowth pendant, 1 HP and get cloth armor on 1st trip back? Some other variation? I would off course like to know your rune and mastery set up and why you think it works best. Any strategies for early Dragon (Pre 6) are also appreciated.

One particular thing, does anyone use maldreds? I found sheen with her devasting blow hits hard enought to clear jungle well. Wriggles or bloodrazor seem a bit underwelming on her to me. I rather get spell vamp item instead life steal, but of course if playing AD poppy, wriggles would be fine.

Thanks in advance for sharing your Jungle Poppy insights.

Jedi

Tokinatoor

05-04-2011

Cloth armor + 5 pots

Rush wriggles (only used before nerf)

Then Tri-Force and Merc treads...

The only problem I have found with her is her HUGE farm for tri force

malphismia

05-04-2011

I haven't played jungle poppy in a really long time.

but you need wriggles because she's just terrible with farming lol.

If she didn't have farming problems, Hextech Revolver is one of her better items. Since she nukes people very fast, and all her damage is magical and single-target, spell vamp does a lot for her. Treat the long-ranged slow as another skill.

Either way, if you're jungling, AD builds always beat AP builds just because you're constantly autoattacking, and you don't have your spells maxed yet.

JedimasterDarren

05-04-2011

Bump for more Poppy jungle insights please.