Users experiencing problems with new patcher

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gennousuke

01-04-2013

pro1Aragon

01-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RivingtonThe3rd View Post
Our teams are looking into the issues that several people are experiencing with the new patcher.

Some things that have been working for people:
- Run as administrator
- Give the patcher some time to run
- Do not click during League of Legends logo
- Be sure to install to C:\Riot Games

We will continue keep the community updated. If you have not checked out the sticky from, Eambo please see the following http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=714338

Please post your issues here so our engineers can review what problems you are experiencing.

----- Edit -----
Please know that everything will be fixed when the patcher is hot fixed/updated. Please try the following as a temporary work around:

Update:Please provide the logs in your RADS folder so we can view the different errors that people are receiving. This will greatly help us to resolve the issue throughout different environments. These logs will be forwarded directly to our RADS team for further review.

5/4 11:30AM -
Update: I would like to thank everyone again for providing their logs and information about the patcher. This is the most recent update I have received from our RADS team.

1. Download http://l3cdn.riotgames.com/releases/...ser_kernel.exe
2. Replace <install directory>/RADS/system/rads_user_kernel.exe with this file.
3. Try launching it again
Hi i have done all that steps..
+Download microsoft 4.0 framework
+Destination of folder C/riot games/...
+ Run as administrator
+ Give the patcher some time to run
+Do not click during League of Legends logo
Reinstalled many times ...
+restart ...
+etc...
so when i click on lol.launcher it says:
failed to launch rads system rads_user_kernel.exe
But,when i click on lol.admin doesnt respond..(waited but no respond)
So i do your steps..But it's same nothing happen ...
System requirments:
RAM:1gb(1024 mb)
More than 2 ghz processor

I realy cant figure what's the problem ...
I try many,many things..

Lagg3r

01-29-2013

THIS HELPED ME !!!!! OK... so go to the original setup again... and select repair
THEN IT'LL TOTALLY WORK!!!!

Happy

01-29-2013

Am i the only one who cant access any download links?? my browser is not connecting to any of the links even to download the game itself??!

Kahleesie

01-29-2013

Alright so last night I couldn't play any games; my LoL client would close out with the patcher error when I tried. So I uninstalled and reinstalled it. Now I cannot even open league; the patcher stops working before I even get to the log in screen. I press play, and then.... it closes.

I tried replacing the rads file, I re-installed just this recent patch, tried running as an admin... nothing. Still can't even open the dang game. The problems started with the Thresh patch, and have gotten progressively worse.

Here are my logs;

( USER)[08:28:23.236] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Riot Application Distribution System (c) 2010 Riot Games (version 1.0.0.228)
( USER)[08:28:23.236] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Running at 08:28:23 on 01/29/2013
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.236] RADS::UserKernel::Application::Run: Command line: "updateandrun lol_launcher LoLLauncher.exe"
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.236] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Executed from root folder with correct name, not an update.
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.236] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::HTTPConnection: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.236] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::Connect: (http://l3cdn.riotgames.com)
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.237] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection::GetFile: ("/releases/live/system/rads_user_kernel.exe.version", "C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp\TMP3BE3.tmp", RETRY, 0x00000000)
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.418] RADS::UserKernel::Application::SelfUpdate: Up to date.
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.419] RADS::Common::HTTPConnection:isconnect: ()
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.426] RADS::Common::LocalFileSystem::FindFiles: (C:/Riot Games/League of Legends/RADS/temp/TMP*, 0x00000000 , 0x00000000)
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.433] RADS::User::PandoManager::start: launching Pando
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.449] RADS::UserKernel::UserCommandThread::ThreadProc: Command Line: [updateandrun] [lol_launcher] [LoLLauncher.exe]
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.449] RADS::API::Impl::Main::Main: User kernel is running, attempting connection.
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.449] RADS::Common::Cider::Cider: Failed to load TGIsFullscreen, Cider not running
( USER)[08:28:23.449] RADS::Common::Cider::Create: Running on Windows
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.449] RADS::API::Impl::Main::Main: Using Named Pipe to attempt connection
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.450] RADS::Common::ErrorMessageMap::ErrorMessageMap: locale: en_us
( ERROR)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::NamedPipe::Manager::Manager: Access is denied.
( ERROR)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::NamedPipe::Manager::Manager: CreateFile failed
( ERROR)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::Main::Main: Failed to initialize connection with user kernel.
( ERROR)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::Main::Main: Failure connecting to kernel, attempting to continue with dll only
(WARNING)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::RuntimeEnvironment::RuntimeEnviro nment: Did not find keywords "projects" or "solutions" in path
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::RuntimeEnvironment::GenerateFileM ap: start building file map
( DEBUG)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::RuntimeEnvironment::GenerateFileM ap: done building file map
(WARNING)[08:28:23.451] RADS::API::Impl::Main::Main: Could not determine solution or project runtime environment, execution will continue but all files will be treated as unmanaged in the current folder.

Ninjadarkrai

02-11-2013

i tried this but then kernal patcher problems pops up

Reuschel

02-11-2013

Ever since Thursday I cannot log in at all.

Tonsai

02-28-2013

Dealt with this for about 4 hours last night. The key thing that fixed it for me was .net framework. I'd seen the posts before talking about making sure you have .net framework 3.5/4.0. I assumed 4.0 was a newer version of 3.5, but i was wrong. They're two different versions, and do different things. 4.0 apparenlty isn't very important for the launcher, but 3.5 is. Try to install that, update C++, install all windows updates, etc, and see if that helps.

WhimsyFlutterBy

02-28-2013

maybe we just have to wait till new update. ><

WhimsyFlutterBy

02-28-2013

;;