Thou Shalt read this MFing thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

jwonga

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

I've found information in this thread spot on. A little extra advice I would recommend is find some people you like playing with and get chat/premade going.

Also, don't just add the carry that has an awesome k/d/a score. That's their job. If a tank went 0/5/19 and you won the game pretty convincingly, add them. They did their job very well, and everyone needs a tank/initiator.

In fact, f@ck k/d ratio. You should be looking at the d/a. Winning team fights -> capitalising on their deaths wins the game. The person who was always there assisting and helping the team is worth more than a selfish carry that f@cks around jungling when the team fight is starting, and then cleans up with a few kills once you are all dead and they are half dead before promptly dying. They may end up with 15/5/0, but almost no help to the team.

KirbyHero

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-24-2010

there's no score the game gives you that tells you how much you contributed to the team. Even K, D, and A doesn't give a full picture.

Ramoc

03-24-2010

condon, i freakin love you for this

Ad Astra per Asp

03-25-2010

I am convinced this wall of text was handed down by god. And every new player should have to climb the **** over it before they're allowed to play.

Hydroniums

03-27-2010

bump.

precambria

03-27-2010

TLDR but I think I get the message! I agree. feedlesticks made me lol. people always ***** at me when my soraka gets bad k/d but I still win most games with her, they only ***** about it when we lose I mean honestly getting kills with her is a chore and you can get 20 stacks with assists alone (maybe a ks or 2)

condon

03-29-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by KirbyHero View Post
there's no score the game gives you that tells you how much you contributed to the team. Even K, D, and A doesn't give a full picture.
This.

The only way to tell if you did your job properly is to win the gorram game.

"But Condon, I got kills and **** and my **** is biggest on the fail team"

does not ****ing cut it.

Also: Anyone who blames their team for their loss is immediately DQed from their man card. Real men realize they could always have done it better. I'm sure the enemy team had a weak link too, and I'm sure your fat ass exploited it and fed off of it. Beating the ******ed Taric five times doesn't mean you were the best player on the team, it just means you've got the bloodlust. (Uhn)

I'd go on, but I'm cranky and require more intoxicants before I can speak properly on the subject.

In either case, I appreciate that you lot read this. It's infinitely frustrating to see these things in game and have to give the same hate speech over and over to my playgroup.

Thenadathor

03-29-2010

Yay!

Wra7h

03-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
All I ask is that people I pug with make me want to stab them in the throat with a fork slightly less.
I dont know if some1 already said this since I am too lazy to read all 9000 pages of the thread. So let me tell you where is the problem with your thread.

If a new player with half a brain come and read this he will agree, but in 10-20 games he would most likely figure the things out by himself.
On the other hand 80% of the ********************, who are trying to play this game, never go into the forums to read a guide or search for a way to improve their playstile.
Hell I've seen a tard building Katarina with Malady, Mejay and then going for Infinity edge. When I asked him to reconsider his build and go read some guide if he cant figure the things out by himself, the answer was "stfu I know howt to play, I dont need any ****y guides"...

So my point is that those who need to read it are just way to "pro" to come to the forums and learn something.

Mattjb2

03-30-2010

TL;DR Version: u mad