Thou Shalt read this MFing thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-08-2010

"If you are honestly playing a character for the first time in an MM game, I hate you and wish you to die."

THIS.

If you need to try a champ, thats what practice games are for.

Don't mess other peoples games/ratios up because you need to learn a champ.

Practice is there, use it.

Skiasca

03-08-2010

+1 for awesome post. read like half of it at this point. Onto the second half. :P

Epistemic

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

03-08-2010

So long, but so worth the read.

halfNakedNinja

03-08-2010

LOL THIS IS SO EPIC!
+1 tis a shame i can't thumb up it more!!!
I love you condon!
Right now im using winbeard(with some changes) to face roll some people!!
THIS NEEDS TO BE STICKIED!!

EasymodeX

03-08-2010

Quote:
or keep your gorram gob shut.
+1 for gorram.

Xylch

03-08-2010

This is win... +1

Cyrenic

03-08-2010

I should start quoting that first commandment at the start of every game I play. I have lost so many games because people immediately blue pill back to base after team fights and never push.

Also +1 for gorram.

SyeBlaze

03-08-2010

Condon Guides Win

PERIOD.

wildfire393

03-08-2010

Overall, great. This is something that needed to be put out there.

Even worse than the "brb oom/hurt" after a teamfight is when they b at near-full HP/mana because "I gotta buy". Is buying 45 seconds earlier worth a tower?

The one problem I see here is this:

You say that people should never play a hero for the first time in a MM game. Agreed.
However, you also say that if you play ten games in a week you should test out every free hero, and that playing a hero you lost to is a good way to see how to beat him.

These seem like contradictory statements.

condon

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildfire393 View Post
Overall, great. This is something that needed to be put out there.

Even worse than the "brb oom/hurt" after a teamfight is when they b at near-full HP/mana because "I gotta buy". Is buying 45 seconds earlier worth a tower?

The one problem I see here is this:

You say that people should never play a hero for the first time in a MM game. Agreed.
However, you also say that if you play ten games in a week you should test out every free hero, and that playing a hero you lost to is a good way to see how to beat him.

These seem like contradictory statements.
What excellent points.

To address the first: I have not encountered that in quite some time, but it holds true. I shall edit.

To the second: You can still get rolled in a scrim, I tend to assume that most people have a couple of friends they like to play with, whether IRL or in game, so proposing that instead of queuing normally, you play a practice games with new heroes first might not be out of the question. I take more issue with people who start losing terribly in pug games and then giggle and write it off on "First time playing this char" No. Your first time playing the friggin character should be in a practice game. Hell, play bots if you have to.

Point is: Play a hero in a practice a few times first. THEN play a pug and if you STILL get rolled, there's no excuse to be afraid of the character.