Thou Shalt read this MFing thread.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killakat

05-01-2010

If he can clean up the potty-mouth language and sound a little more mature, then I would recommend this as a Sticky. Most people are so intent of getting kills, gold, and items that they don't realize that this is a team-based game. What you do and say as a TEAM will result in a defeat or victory of the game.

Keyword: GAME.

Some don't realize that this is virtual and not realism. I don't think slick-talking [sic] an opponent or belittling a team member is going to promote to a $100,000 job position or put food and clothes on one's back. And then there's the prejudice and racism that happens when you do something by accident....

Kajitii

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-01-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killakat View Post
If he can clean up the potty-mouth language and sound a little more mature, then I would recommend this as a Sticky.
But I would argue that the potty-mouth language is what makes this half as good as it is! I've seen other "Read this shyt" threads that say similar things, and none are nowhere near as good as condon's.

Arazu

05-02-2010

the way condon's guides are writting make them entertaining to read, which means people are more likely to actually read the whole thing and take in the information, rather than just skipping the wall of text

omgwtflolbbl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2010

I really liked this guide, pretty new player myself (first week). I took quite a few things from this guide, but one thing I wanted to say is that people are still *******s if you aren't doing good your first time with a character even in practice games. People who drop from practice games just because someones picks a champ they don't like piss me off. If you're so intent on winning, why don't you play a freaking MM game, where people are actually more competitive and it actually means something on your record when you win? Some people play practice games to, you know, actually ****ing practice and learn the game, not everyone is pro from day one like you.

Also, learn when to surrender. If the other team has taken a couple of inhibitors, ace your team as soon as you take 10 steps off the respawn area, suicide for lulz, and pretty much just use /dance outside your base, it's probably time to surrender and do something more productive than running your squishy self into a big fat Gragas buttstomp.

Tikor

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killakat View Post
If he can clean up the potty-mouth language and sound a little more mature, then I would recommend this as a Sticky.
The language adds awesome. Don't go changing, condon.

The God Ghetto Holy

05-03-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgwtflolbbl View Post
Some people play practice games to, you know, actually ****ing practice and learn the game, not everyone is pro from day one like you.
I'd give this thread and this quote +100 if I could.

I don't even play practice games unless I have friends who want to vs me because people do **** like you described when I first played in beta.

CryptFiend

05-03-2010

I play practice games often. In addition, I believe this sthread deserves a sticky

scrimbul

05-04-2010

Thread bumped.

Caveat though Condon: That Janna who is soloing mid may be able to push the turret down faster than you can, and is not in fact trying to get kills.

KaizoMK

05-04-2010

This is potentially the best guide on the forum.

I mean, I'm somewhat new, and my friend was making fun of me for going 0/14/0 in games, even though I was winning, just because I got the goal of the game. That doesn't really fly anymore, because people at level 10 aren't (usually) ******ed, but I never forget the goal of the game.

Beyond that, the guide was a whole lot of help. If nothing else, it tells you things that you really should know anyway, but definitely need to be reminded of. XD

Dustinsanity

05-06-2010

<3

That is all.

Oh and I'm adding you, condon. Epic outlook. I wish more players thought this way. Feckin feeding, selfish, challenged, pompous, naive idiots.

EDIT: +1 vote on the sticky, sans the a*s*t*e*r*i*s*k*s.