Kassadin viable?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OmniOblivion

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkk View Post
I've been thinking about buying Kassadin, but I'm not sure. I hardly ever see anyone playing him so I'm not sure how good he is or how he works. Is he viable? and if so how should you build him?
Kassadin is one of the most aggressive champions because of his obscene chasing capabilities. He takes less damage from abilities, has a great AP scaling, and one of the best anti-casters in the game.

Kassadin has 4 abilities:

Null Sphere: Ranged ability that deals damage and silences a single target.

Force Pulse: Every 6 abilities (including his own) used near him will allow him to activate this ability to deal damage in a cone in front of him and slows.

Nether Blade: Melee attacks drain mana and restores Kass's mana equal to twice the amount of mana drained.

Riftwalk: Teleports him to nearly location (similar to Flash, but need to click on the location) and deals AoE damage on the position that you appear on. When used consecutively, it costs more mana but deals more damage.

LOTS of Kassadin players go AP. Chalice will help as his Riftwalk can drain a LOT of his mana. I highly recommend getting Mejai and Rod of Ages.

Funkk

03-08-2010

So i ended up buying Kassadin last night and I got to say, he seems like rubbish. While I'm sure if you get fed and do exceeding well he can be a viable hero, I still think he's underpowered.

Though I guess I should give him a little more time...

Xeones

03-10-2010

Quote:
So i ended up buying Kassadin last night and I got to say, he seems like rubbish. While I'm sure if you get fed and do exceeding well he can be a viable hero, I still think he's underpowered.

It takes a bit of skill to do well with him. He is a glass cannon, with an ability he can't reliably charge on his own (in a decient time period).

AIM7Sparrow

03-10-2010

Quote:

Kassadin arguably has one of the higher skill ceilings in the game due to the nature of his E and R. If you want to get better, the only way to really do that is keep practicing.

Btw I'm beginning to hate the word "viable." -.-'

Ursalgodon

03-11-2010

I always ran Kassadin with Clarity and Teleport, until one game I accidentally had Cleanse instead of Clarity. At first I kept burning through my mana really quickly out of habit, but as I learned how to use my mana effectively, I found that Cleanse is amazing on him. With it he's one of those champions that is **** near impossible to kill, even without much HP.

That makes Mejai's more powerful on him than it does on most.

For him, sapphire crystals are the best investments. I always buy three: one for sheen (excellent early game harassment if you get it early enough), one for catalyst (better laning plus Rod of Ages, his most important item), and one for tear of the goddess. After I upgrade to RoA and Archangel's, I have a ton of mana to do whatever I want with - let no one say he is bad at farming - and enough AP to be helpful in team fights.

For the lulz, I buy boots of mobility if I can afford not to get mercury treads.

Yes, he's not the best early game laner from level 1-5, but if you can last until 860 gold without dying, it doesn't really matter. Buy sheen as soon as possible and teleport back, so you can blink -> attack -> null sphere -> attack -> force pulse -> attack. That's more harassment than any other solo mid can do, and he becomes a great farmer from that point on.

In general, Kassadin's skills are great by themselves, so it's important to cover his weaknesses as soon as possible, as opposed to glass-cannoning it. I have magic pen marks, but health quintessances, and armor and magic resist per level for seals and glyphs.

kastr

03-11-2010

dont bother trying to gank until level 9, you won't dish out enough hurt to finish anyone. rush mejais, if you're good you don't need catalyst until after mejais anyway. your main role is to go in exhaust ignite nullsphere forcepulse then rift walk out before you even get touched. so you can get that early kill to charge your mejais asap. i tried getting catalyst first with kassadin and it just takes too long to charge up ur mejais. with an amazing escape you shouldn't be dying mid game anyway which is also when you shine the most.

recap

lvl 9 should have mejais already and starting on catalyst
have ignite and exhaust for those early kills
kassadin CAN solo and somewhat carry with his burst damage
once level 9 happens harrrass into enemy is at at least half hp. then do the combo above
ignite exhaust nullsphere force pulse for max dmg
it will net u ur first kill which will then snowball you

this way has always worked with me. be wary of ganks though if you get ganked two or three times early game you're almost near useless late. >_>

overall kassadin is fun to learn and is quite hard to master but with time it will come just like any other champion.

JunkRamen

03-11-2010

He's very weak up until level 6, extremely reliant on ganks, and can't really solo mid. That makes for a pretty handicapped combination. He's not garbage though, just not great.

JonneyMarket

03-11-2010

I play Kassadin as my main. If you're able to Master Kassadin he can be anything you want him to be. Ganker, Burst Dps, Anti Caster... whatever. I generally stick with the recommended items, but upgrade Regrowth Pendant to Force of Nature early in the game, and I always make sure to get Trinity Force, (an upgrade of Sheen). With this build I end up with 1.975 attack speed, 489 movement, 150-170 melee, 35 ap, 190 armour, 135 magic resist...(give or take a little) Lets just say I can take down most hero's 1 on 1.... *laughs at Mordekaiser*.

However, the one bit of advice i can give you is this: DON'T FORGET ABOUT YOUR TELEPORT! Teleporting behind someone repeatedly, during a melee fight seriously disorients them, and with each consecutive port you do more damage. FYI: his port does damage on the way out, and the way in... so teleport in the same spot, you hit doubly hard.

Voidgolem

03-11-2010

Maximum cooldown reduction and a colossal mana pool are fairly required, Spam teleport to win game.