The New PvP.net Patcher is Here!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

05-03-2011
1 of 7 Riot Posts

Summoners!

Testing has officially completed on our new PvP.net Patcher! As of now, we are officially updating everyone to our new patching technology. So if you notice a change of scenery the next time you sit down to update and play League of Legends, donít be alarmed!

The new PvP.net Patcher represents a huge stride forward for us both in both technology and convenience. Not only will it relieve many of the technical difficulties that some League of Legends players may have experienced in the past when updating the game, but it also represents the removal of a technical blocker to some of our most anticipated features. While there is still work to be done, this new PvP.net Patcher will be able to launch older versions of League of Legends, allowing us to implement a polished replay system that will not break each time we distribute a new update for League of Legends.

If you havenít already updated your patcher manually, donít worry! Your PvP.net Patcher will automatically be updated to the new tech the next time you launch!

Lazy Jake

05-03-2011

sweet good job riot!

AnimAnim

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

+1

Ryzer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2011

You're releasing new content fast I hope tribunal is out soon so we can all have a more enjoyable experience playing with each other in both Ranked and Normal games.

AA247

05-03-2011

sweet replays. Soon (tm)

hunterofstuff

05-03-2011

I CANNOT give enough thumbs up for this.

zetftw

05-03-2011

woot, I've had it for a while now, its awesome

Evedorean

05-03-2011

Great...but....skinned launchers?

Doctorius

DemiViral

05-03-2011

r-r-replays............ Sweet, I was getting tired of the buggy fan made one.