The Jungle Experiment.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Luk Candy

Recruiter

05-03-2011

Jungle Mundo.
'nuff said, I got blue buff starting with e (can be also done with q), his speed and slows gank well.
if you start with e, you'll need a bit of attack speed runes just to replace some lucky dodges/armor, and if you pick cleavers, flat health yellows and cdr blues.
Doable with ruby or cloth+pots.
runes aren't necessary, but it's difficult to manage after blue buff without recalling.

Demian Sky

05-03-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xienwolf View Post
You go back for cloth? Then what do you start with?
Sword and a potion.

JohnCataldo

05-03-2011

I'm surprised so many people think attack damage anyone is surprising. Nearly any non-AP tank or melee can jungle moderately effectively or extremely effectively, and some of the AP ones as well.

The best 'surprising' jungler IMO has to be Ryze. And the best surprise in this case is when Ryze flashes out from the jungle to blow someone up. =)

That said, I'm tempted to try some Katarina jungling soo!

Soplayed

05-04-2011

nunu is maybe viable? what? nunu is the best counter jungle in the game because he has 2 smites, put some wards in the enemy jungle orrrrr you can be pro and look at their creep kill count... though i don't know if that works anymore.

Also sion is a respectable jungle, mostly because a 2 second stun is 2 seconds of stun, and when i go sion jungle i get philosophers stone after getting mini golems wraiths and wolves. You only need to go back once for boots until the 20 min mark.

MALPHITE IS IN THE JUNGLE is pretty sick because he has a health shield and aoe auto's + aoe AS reducers with damage.

Eve can jungle well...

I personally want to try a poppy jungle because of the whole increased ad and armor skill comboed with nice ganking potential with the speed boost + knockback

malphismia

05-04-2011

I play jungle Xin whenever I need to assure my free win of the day, I actually haven't lost with him for quite some time.

I play jungle Malphite just because he's my most played champion, and he's pretty much tier 1 jungler but sub-optimal tank (in other words, he can't take the heat off your carry like Shen/Rammus once he just ults in).

and Jungle Taric/Kayle is fun but they're better supporting in lane.

I'm currently playing with Jungle Sion and Gragas.......this experimenting has caused me a 10 losses streak lolsss but I'll gain it back when I play real builds.

LCS Dyrus

05-04-2011

Here's one. Jungle Garen. Just don't focus on developing judgement, as that does half damage to minions. Think about it though, decisive strike+roflcopter makes for a good bushleap combo. Garen has incredible survivability. He'll need lots of attackspeed and possibly some extra cdr from his runes, but he's one of the stoutest champs early on. He's also not the best farmer in the world anyways, so he's really not losing any gold on this deal.

bylobog44

05-04-2011

By jungling, do you mean just being able to kill the neutral mobs in the woods at a low level without a leash? Or do you mean being able to:

• Quickly and efficiently take out the jungle monsters (without a leash) so that you are not under leveled, under farmed and having crappy items for doing anything other than killing minions.
  • Farm enough gold to ward Red, Blue and the River. (And, no, I'm not saying this is JUST the jungler's responsibility)
  • When you have your Blue and/or Red buff, get in position without being seen and execute a successful gank (preferably not entirely relying on an ULTimate, unless it is not easily interrupted or cancelled by CC or a simple item like Banshee's or QSS).
  • Counter jungle.
  • Counter Counter jungle
  • Be able to hold a solo lane or tower while a teammate recalls.
  • [This one is up for debate, but ...] Jungle having Runes, Masteries and Summoner Spells that are useful for things that win games - ganking, killing champions (not including your teammates), map presence / map control, pushing towers, sustaining lanes and team fights, etc.

I've seen lots of jungle guides that describe how virtually any champion can jungle (Heimer - really?). But their definition of jungling doesn't seem to include doing something useful (that you could not do better if laning) once you take out the neutrals. Heimer is a poor ganker, but is an excellent pusher. So why would you jungle Heimer? I am risking the wrath the the community by questioning the orthodoxy here, but Nunu is a favored jungler because his Consume and Blood Boil allow him to quickly dispose of the jungle mobs and are effective counter jungling. But he relies (IMO) too much on his ULT for ganking - and it's easily cancelled with any stun, silence or suppress. If he's jungling, his Ice Blast won't even be leveled enough to do a lot of damage, and it's only soft CC. Warwick, Akali, Fiddle, Udyr, Shaco, etc. are far better suited.

Jungling - as in killing neutral monsters that don't attack you, is easy. It's the easiest role in LOL. But there are few champions who are well suited to effective jungling, and, in normal games, not a lot of summoners who do it in a way that contributes to wins.

LCS Dyrus

05-05-2011

Bylobog, it means whatever you want it to mean. My main goal with this thread was to collect info about different champion's jungling capabilities all on one thread. In 90% of games I play, I'm jungling, so I wanted to play with a champion, I have to be able to jungle with it.

And yes, I agree. Some jungle capable champs belong in a lane anyways. Nasus loses too much Syphon Strike potential in a jungle. I'm pretty sure you know about the nice advantage that junglers give a team though. Or advantages they're supposed to bring >.>

Jungle Blitz and jungle kennen are next up on my test list.

LCS Dyrus

05-12-2011

Jungle Kennen works with lots of attackspeed and a fortification pot, as I doubt anyone could find a use for cloth armor on the lil guy. He works best if you lead with his W, but just go from there. Repeat stuns makes buffs painless.