Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

The Jungle Experiment.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Killzerz

05-03-2011

Quote:
Xienwolf:
Somewhat along the same lines as this main question, would be: Which champions can jungle without needing any runes/masteries?

It would be nice to identify someone who a new player of the game could pick up to jungle with at any level when they decide to try this concept out. Like I have a friend I am about to bring into the game who is a very good gamer, he will understand how things work quickly. But for all junglers I know, he has to be level 20 at least in order to jungle at all effectively.

Almost all junglers need runes/masteries to efficiently pull off a jungling route. Having said that, probably the easiest and easiest to get champion and do well in the jungle is Nunu. He costs 450 IP and jungles quite decently, given at low levels you get a cloth armor + five health pots. The only problems he might run into would be health at the Blue Golem, easily countered by having a leash, or since nobody really knows what that is early, possibly Heal as a second summoner spell after Smite. With this he should be able to jungle decently given he follows a guide on a good jungling route/jungling guide. Plus, Nunu has decent ganking power with a slow+blood boil, so it would teach him how to gank too (although teamwork might not happen pre-level 10...)

Icarus Penna

05-03-2011

Tryndamere?

Shubaku

05-03-2011

Here's a very nice topic about Jungling:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=702761

Check this out

Chingmeister

05-03-2011

Cass is the fastest jungler out of all the junglers, but it is relatively unknown.

Miasma and Noxious blast are both 25 AoE dps at skill level 1, and can be kept up at all times.

After your team helps you down golem and you ding 2, you can keep both up on creep camps and just melt them.

Just got out of a match where team didnt help kill golem...dont start with golem..start wraiths>wolves>golem...although if your team won't help kill golem its kinda gg already...

shubomber

05-03-2011

Quote:
Killzerz:
Almost all junglers need runes/masteries to efficiently pull off a jungling route. Having said that, probably the easiest and easiest to get champion and do well in the jungle is Nunu. He costs 450 IP and jungles quite decently, given at low levels you get a cloth armor + five health pots. The only problems he might run into would be health at the Blue Golem, easily countered by having a leash, or since nobody really knows what that is early, possibly Heal as a second summoner spell after Smite. With this he should be able to jungle decently given he follows a guide on a good jungling route/jungling guide. Plus, Nunu has decent ganking power with a slow+blood boil, so it would teach him how to gank too (although teamwork might not happen pre-level 10...)

Warwick is similarly forgiving.

Ebonclaw

05-03-2011

Runed and masteried right, Trynd is an excellent jungle.

Teemo is a little slow at start, but he gains speed very quickly after level 4 or so.

Cait almost works, perhaps with a highly refined build, she could do decently.

Now I am tempted to try this Kat jungle.....

qu1et

05-03-2011

I've just started doing an unconventional jungle, and that is... (drumroll)...

AD Sion.

He's actually a very competent jungler with his E maxed and a rank in W to shield a little incoming damage, and obviously his ganks are pretty decent with 1 rank in Q.

I've successfully jungled him with both vamp scepter and cloth armor + 5 hp. He's not crazy fast but he's competent.

I did it with 21/0/9 and ArPen/Armor/MR/ArPen rune setup.

Demian Sky

05-03-2011

Believe it or not, I play both Alistar and Taric a lot and they both make very good junglers. As a matter of fact, I'm currently on a 15 game winning streak with both jungle Alistar and Jungle Taric. In every single game, too, I have more kills than deaths (in most cases, at least 2 kills for every death.)

The best part? They both do very well in lane, too. Jungling with either is certainly unconventional, but they are able to clear jungles very quickly and they both make excellent gankers, especially if you have taken flash as your second spell.

Taric makes an interesting jungle for a variety of reasons: his heal, his AOE, and the mana he gains from striking enemies.

Alistar is even better. Since his recent revision, his rampage makes jungling far, far more viable. With both champions, I don't purchase any potions, but one health potion at the beginning might help you keep safe.

With both Alistar and Taric, I ignore blue buff in the beginning and start in the opposing team's wraiths. Both Alistar and Taric can clear the wraiths in about 4 seconds or so. If the middle laner on my team is astute, I'll then flash in with Alistar and Pulverize. Half the time, we get first blood before anyone has even reached level 2.

At this point I'm on to my team's wolves. After clearing the wolves, I'm on to my own side's wraiths and by the time I get there smite is just then coming off of cooldown. After another 4 seconds, the wraiths are cleared and I'm on to golems. At this point, the "low hanging fruits" are basically gone so I catch a ride home and pick up cloth armor. Then I head to wolves which then respawn about 1-2 seconds after I arrive. Then I clear through the wraiths and golems again. It's at this point that I attempt my first gank on bottom lane. After the attempt, I head home and get Madrids.

Big Pete Nasty

05-03-2011

Alistar can rather easily do the regular blue jungle. Cloth armor +3 health potions + a ward will let you choose your place of gank and still jungle quite quickly. I just grab his Q and use a health pot and smite for blue then focus my E all the way up. At level 4, getting headbutt is nice for the dash in for the quick gank. at 1Q 1W 2E hes very formidable and has plenty of cc especially if your top is being pushed. 5 health pots and no ward makes it even faster as you dont have to wait for your E's cooldown really at all tho you do if you only use 3

Xienwolf

05-03-2011

Quote:
Demian Sky:
Believe it or not, I play both Alistar and Taric a lot and they both make very good junglers. As a matter of fact, I'm currently on a 15 game winning streak with both jungle Alistar and Jungle Taric. In every single game, too, I have more kills than deaths (in most cases, at least 2 kills for every death.)

The best part? They both do very well in lane, too. Jungling with either is certainly unconventional, but they are able to clear jungles very quickly and they both make excellent gankers, especially if you have taken flash as your second spell.

Taric makes an interesting jungle for a variety of reasons: his heal, his AOE, and the mana he gains from striking enemies.

Alistar is even better. Since his recent revision, his rampage makes jungling far, far more viable. With both champions, I don't purchase any potions, but one health potion at the beginning might help you keep safe.

With both Alistar and Taric, I ignore blue buff in the beginning and start in the opposing team's wraiths. Both Alistar and Taric can clear the wraiths in about 4 seconds or so. If the middle laner on my team is astute, I'll then flash in with Alistar and Pulverize. Half the time, we get first blood before anyone has even reached level 2.

At this point I'm on to my team's wolves. After clearing the wolves, I'm on to my own side's wraiths and by the time I get there smite is just then coming off of cooldown. After another 4 seconds, the wraiths are cleared and I'm on to golems. At this point, the "low hanging fruits" are basically gone so I catch a ride home and pick up cloth armor. Then I head to wolves which then respawn about 1-2 seconds after I arrive. Then I clear through the wraiths and golems again. It's at this point that I attempt my first gank on bottom lane. After the attempt, I head home and get Madrids.

You go back for cloth? Then what do you start with?