Tahani, the Yordle Musician

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Freöhr

05-03-2011

Abilities:

Tahani uses Breath instead of mana. She has 30 Breath. Breath regenerates at .5 per second.

Passive - Yordle Prodigy
Tahani gains experience 15% faster.

E - Melody of Bravery
Tahani plays a rough battle song, increasing the attack damage and ability power of nearby allies by 7/10/13/15/20%. Only one melody may be active at a time. 3 Breath per second.

W - Lullaby
Tahani plays a soft tune, putting all nearby enemies to sleep for .5/.7/1/1.3/1.5 seconds, and dealing 40/60/90/130/150+(.45-AP) damage to all targets hit. 12/11/10/9/8 Second CD. 10 Breath

W - Panic
Tahani panics, gaining 10/15/20/25/30% movement speed. 10 Breath per seconds

Ultimate - Regenerative Tune
Tahani plays a peaceful song, increasing the health and mana regeneration of all nearby allies by 20/30/40 per second. 6 Breath per second.

Recommended Items:

Doran's Ring
Boot's of Swiftness
Aegis of the Legion
Archangels Staff
Banshee's Veil
Rabaddon's Deathcap

Anagram

05-03-2011

I like the idea of calling it breath although you write that she plays the songs, she's probably singing too.

However, I feel like, in the end, this is just a really constricted Sona. She's 4 walking auras but can only use 1 at a time. They can definitely be effective and even though she is support, she takes a very very passive and inactive role.

It's difficult to have much fun because what can you really do? Great that I switch auras at that time? I danced between W and E for a half-assed stance dance?

It's interesting but I think that some changes need to be made so that the only active part isn't just what she's using at the right time, summoner skills, and auto attacking.

Making songs work at the same time but decreases their effects by 10-20% and having that stacking cost of 2 breath per second. I don't want to make you adopt some sort of passive active thing simply because it'd be lame but, you can definitely make something more intense.

Making weak passives that provide these bonuses and then doubling them with an additional effect while active could work although it really is reminiscent of Sona.

It's interesting but needs to be further developed otherwise she's just 4 walking auras. I also think the passive is a bit of a let down. It's probably to speed her growth since she won't be getting mana kills herself and have one level over people to boast another aura or a stronger one to get assists would be nice but it seems like a filler and could be replaced with anything more appropriate.

I don't have suggestions with the passive, I'm sure you'll find something if you slightly rework QWER.

PedestrianA

05-03-2011

For my opinion, I got some suggestions towards the breath system.

Think like that, the system starts with 0, and end with a limit(personally suggest 100, like rumble and warwick). Every second you play a melody, you increase it by a number(personally suggest 3). And let the number to get some reduction at the time you are neither playing a song nor walking(personally suggest a certain percentage of the current no.). At the time the number reach the limit, the champion will be disabled in a certain way(most likely silence, personally suggest and reduce movement speed for 10 seconds, which sounds more make sense putting on real situation). Will this sounds better? One disadvantage of the system is that it seems directly weaker than the one of rumble, but it is reasonable in case you got no cool downs for your skills.

Also, I suggest that you get certain amount of reduction in movement when playing a song, if you are confusing on the reason, try yourself running and playing a flute at the same time and you will know(don't doubt about sona, she is floating instead of walking)

Another thing confusing me is on the Ulti, don't really know the meaning of increasing the health for, are there any convenient system like that in LoL?

Finally, a more serious question, what is the meaning of having such a passive? Honestly I will define this passive as meaningless, suggest to be all allies get an increase in exp received for 4%.

In respond to the a thread post around this time, hope in exchange you can give some feed backs on the champion of mine:

Rayan, Mix Blood Elemental
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=705547

Freöhr

05-03-2011

Thanks for your feedback. I was trying a unique support champion, but forgot about Sona. Looking at yours right now.

If you want to see the rest of mine (pretty balanced), go here:
Link

Freöhr

05-03-2011

Reworked her.

Freöhr

05-03-2011

bump

DariusFF

05-05-2011

I love yordle champions! There's just something about an underdog succeeding that lights a spark of inspiration inside me! Now for the feedback!

Lore: I'd love to see what lore you come up with her. Maybe a student of Sona? or Rival? So many possibilities!

Resource system: Ok system I think, very similar to energy used by the ninjas and Lee Sin. I do think you should bump up the max amount to 100 or so just to give her more options.

Passive: It seems underwhelming to me. Zilean does the same thing BUT to himself and other friendly champions.

Abilities: As a whole, I feel she's almost exactly like Sona but with a few abilities moved around and modified a little bit.

QJust like Sona's just using a different resource. I think you should rework this ability a little bit since its way too similar + maybe add a passive to make it more useful for Tahani herself.

W
Decent. Seems to me like a powered down version of Sona's ultimate. I think the duration can use a slight buff, maybe 2 seconds? The damage seems rather low too.

E
Again eerily similar to Sona, although this only affects Tahani. I think you need to put a passive here since this is rather underpowered to me.

R
Nice ability I think, It just needs a bit more strength. The ultimate needs to be buffed a little bit more, since 8 health per second doesn't really help alot during a team fight.

If you're not too busy, please check out my own champion!
Rogers, Bastion of Demacia
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=681312

Freöhr

05-05-2011

Changed her a bit - thanks for feedback, looking at your guy now.

Ruinousity

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-06-2011

Ult is useless, not cost effective for teamfights

W costs way too much, use it for 3 seconds and you run out of breath? What are you suppose to do then? Wait 20 seconds to use W? (You have two W's by the way)

Ability cooldowns? Or no cooldowns?

I would take out Panic, replace it with another support spell, change her ult, change her passive.

Good idea, just really underwhelming.

Konanza

05-06-2011

Cool energy-concept, i like it. But still, the E is way too energydraining.