[Guide] Twitch - Now with extra vitamins and minerals!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lysergsaure

03-08-2010

Thanks for all the feedback, guys.

I'll add some justification for Tiamat to the guide, as well as the reason for going damage instead of crit.

Baelrog

03-08-2010

First of all, nice guide. I have been playing twitch lately and its going great so far. After tweaking my build was as followed:

Doran + Potion
Boots of Speed > 2x Dagger (to stack poison for expunge, will be used in upgrades later) > Vampiric Scepter (to stay in lane longer)
Boots of Swiftness (most of the time, max speed is great for sneaking around)
B. F. Sword (bringing da damage)
Zeal > Phantom Dancer
Upgrade to Infinity Edge (now you crit 50% of the time for 400-500 damage)
Last Whisper/Malady (sometimes I build this earlier)
Black Cleaver (If it lasts this long).

Now I have tried to replace the B. F. sword with Tiamat and the early daggers with Bow, but it felt like a slower start, seemed to get less early kills. Maybe I have to get used to it, dunno. Also I get the theory about Tiamat, but in practice it didnt seem to be that useful. The situation where the enemy team is so humped up for it to insta wipe their faces over the pavement doesnt occure that often. And it has some relatively useless stats. So, im not convinced just yet. However, i am going to test it more (only about 5 games now). Also I really miss the attack speed and those 600 damage expunges that come with it all the time. IMO twitch isnt a bad farmer either. Ok he isnt the best, but I seem to get money/creep-kills with him pretty fast (early most due to his high AS). Halve way ingame, with the above build you will 2 shot creeps. Anyway, thanks for the guide. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

Spoing

03-09-2010

Why no mobility if you want max speed?

Lysergsaure

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoing View Post
Max speed can be helpful, but Mobility is just as good as every other boot when you're in combat. Thus, if you're trying to flit around during a teamfight (maybe you're kiting), Swiftness is a better choice.

If you don't need the increased speed in combat, then something like Merc's Treads is the best choice - the MR and CC reduction are always, always going to be useful.

Spoing

03-09-2010

i meant the 'Boots of Swiftness (most of the time, max speed is great for sneaking around)' part, you are out of combat if you sneak around. And cleanse provides enough CC reduction for me (only if they have a lot CC it might be a smart idea, or teemo)

Lysergsaure

03-09-2010

I still don't entirely understand the question you're asking me. (I did just wake up though. So give it a minute.)

And Merc's Treads are nice IMO because so much of higher tier play revolves around AoE crowd control. And, yes, Cleanse is nice, but it's not going to be available all the time. Your boots are always active, and the added MR to boot is extra nice.

On a side note, I ALWAYS buy Merc's treads if there's a decent Ryze on the other team. 40% less snare time in Rune Prison means 40% less damage.

Baelrog

03-09-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoing View Post
Twitch is a squishy assassin, so you also need to be able to get out of combat fast if things are looking dire. Stealth isnt always available and takes some time to activate. And you will be involved in a lot of champ vs champ combat with him. This, coupled with the fact that twitch has a relatively low base speed, is why I like to get the boots of swiftness.

0 puk

03-09-2010

Someone really needs to explain why avarice blade takes 12,5 min to pay back. To me it seems like options for crit chance are gloves that give 8% for 400g or cloak with 18% for 880g. Now thats 50g/% for gloves and 48,9g/% for the cloak. Avarice blade gives 12% for 750g, so 62,5g/% at the moment you buy it.

It would "pay back" when its about as gold efficient as the other items. 12*48,9=586,8 is what you should be paying for that crit chance. So you need to earn 750-586,8=163,2 gold. You get 30g per minute from the blade so thats 163,2/30=5,44 minutes.

So I would say its more accurate to say it pays back in 5,5 minutes than 12,5. Of course the cloak can be built into IE or PD, but the blade will continue to earn you money as long as you keep it.

Spoing

03-09-2010

12.5min=750s
an avarice blade gives 5 gold every 10 sec
750s/10=75 ticks
75*5=375
and the avarice blade sells for another 375, and you always sell your blade because you need bagspace and you have money to buy better things, so then you are even.
Many people get avarice blades because they are cheap give good crit chance and the gold makes it not a gold loss if you sell it. But it still delays your core items (like inif edge).

0 puk

03-09-2010

Yes it delays your core items a bit, but I would say it pays back in 5,5min and becomes a free item after 12,5min. And even though you might sell it, it should take more than 12,5min if you get your avarice blades at around 10 min.

EDIT: I just reacted to posts earlier in this thread saying that it "takes 12,5 min just to break even", which makes avarice blades sound alot worse than it is. I think its a valid strategy where you delay your core items a bit for an income insurance.