[Guide] Twitch - Now with extra vitamins and minerals!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lysergsaure

03-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagga View Post
Stopped reading at Tiamat.

doran's shield hp pots
boots
2x avararice blades
infinity edge
last whisp

then w.e depending

if you want to be taken seriously
Just because I choose not to go with a Crit% build doesn't invalidate everything I have to say in the guide.

I don't like gold per time items very much on Twitch because I don't stack any stats that they give (Avarice, Philo, Kage's, and Heart of Gold).

And Last Whisper is great. I highly recommend it. I'm pretty sure that is mentioned.

Maybe you should read it all the way through before you bash it.

Beegly Boogs

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

It sucks because it doesn't go qtips way, he's high elo for a reason. (the build works the best)

Lysergsaure

03-07-2010

Of course it doesn't go qtips' way. If it did why would I write a separate guide?

And yes, he's a high ELO player. I am not. This is a build that works in mid ELO play as well.

Riot aBhorsen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

eSports Coordinator

03-08-2010

Quote:

doran's shield hp pots
boots
2x avararice blades
infinity edge
last whisp

then w.e depending

I'd personally love to go my Twitch vs Your Twitch. Avarice Blades = Waste.

Nivled

03-08-2010

I've just started playing Twitch myself after playing Yi for a long time (Yi is now a wee bit underpowered, but that's a separate post)

1) I'm still using a modified qtips' item build

1) Doran Shield + HP Pot
2) 2 X Avarice Blade
3) Boots 1 & Vampiric Scepter & BF Sword (depending on your cash flow)
4) IE & Boots 2 (depends on opponent)
5) Stark's Fervor (if your team likes to stick together - good!) or Bloodthirster (if they don't)
6) Banshee's Veil

I usually start getting elixirs at this time. If I am owning, any item will be good: Phantom Dancer if I don't have Stark's, Black Cleaver if I have Stark's

To be frank, I'm still on the fence about the early Avarice blades. It's true that the 12% Critical Strike helps a lot. The only item that is a close second is Cloak of Agility, which builds into IE. But it feels like a waste to spend gold on something that can "break even" only after 12.5 mins, but the critical strike chance helps somewhat. If I have some time, I'm pretty sure if you use the 1500 gold to buy a pick axe + long sword (for example), you'll do more damage in the mid game.

I'm still doing more research into the item build.

2) For runes, I'm transiting to Red Armor Pen, Yellow Scaling HP, Blue Scaling Mana Regen. I might switch to flat HP for the yellow runes, but I don't have the IP to do so now

3) For masteries, (as I'm using Flash & Rally instead of Cleanse as I'm a more team-oriented Twitch player - see Starks, instead of a solo-assassin), I'm more inclined to go for 21/9/0 for added survivability.

However, I'm liking the idea of Flash + Cleanse for the 1st blood with Ambush. I'll try it out and let you guys know how it goes.

For Tiamat, I have never tried it at all with Twitch. On paper it looks weak (I have read guides that have said that the splash range is way too small). 2270 gold can buy you a BF sword + vampiric scepter, which gives you added 8 damage + lifesteal (+potential to upgrade to starks or bloodthirster) versus small splash damage, and some mana/hp regen (which is arguable negligible at level 18, given the MR regens we are using).

~ Nivled

SrMeowMeow

03-08-2010

Quote:

doran's shield hp pots
boots
2x avararice blades
infinity edge
last whisp

then w.e depending

Well this is poor.

About the guide in general - I can't imagine you having much early game success without SOME attack speed. Getting those poison stacks on quickly is really important. Hell, boots, recurve bow and BF sword is probably all you need for a large chunk of the game, and then you can build whatever fits best. I just can't see tiamat + IE getting you very far.

Holypope

03-08-2010

Decent guide. Your strats are sound.

I might argue a bit on expunge vs slow/stealth, but what's "best" seems to be pretty hard to determine. I've got about 300 games as twitch and still can't decide if getting L3 expunge is better than adding slows/attack speed first.

On that note, I suggest adding the context of alternatives.

Tiamat is a no-brainer for almost every game, unless all the enemy champs are ranged and staying spread out... but explain why so that you get less hate for daring to suggest something so "stupid"

Explain how crit build is ~POTENTIALLY~ higher DPS than damage build, but dramatically less useful vs towers.

Consider a section comparing expunge maxing vs attack speed/slow maxing. They both work better than the other, depending on the characters involved. Example: What hits harder than expunge? Master Yi. If your lane partner is DPS, a 4 second slow is way more useful than an expunge.

Also, explaining how maximizing stealth for the attack speed boost changes the items, order, and playstyle could be really useful.

My one addition: Try a few games starting with a fort potion, 3 heals, and a mana pot. I've played about 50-60 games with that start and haven't yet seen reason to change things up. It surprises people and they end up making bad choices, leaving you a few extra easy kills at early levels. Plus, it SERIOUSLY ups the fear factor of the enemy team. I've had a number of close moments where people down 2 kills against me have fled when they should have fought. Mind games for the win!

Spoing

03-08-2010

getting flat HP on quints gives +100hp, thats more than enough for the early game. And HP/lvl on yellow makes you able to survive quite some time. Taimat doesn't give enough in team fights. (taimat is 2k and BF too, and BF is allot better)

I go
-vamp scepter
-malacy+zerker greaves
-BF sword (at this point you are strong enough to gank)
-inifity
-zeal
-lifesteal
-phantom

Yust start spraying at them when they are at killsteal HP, as you need a lot items to be effective.
And you don't need HP items because you either don't have enough and you still die if they keep focussing and if you have frozen mallet and warmogs and stuff your damage is gimped.

Holypope

03-08-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoing View Post
Taimat doesn't give enough in team fights. (taimat is 2k and BF too, and BF is allot better)
Do you not understand how tiamat works? Have you not tried it? You just gave the worst advice on the thread and didn't even bother to justify it! Why not just suggest an AP build?

Tiamat turns twitch into an insane machine of death. No item (or character) can even come close to his DPS when using tiamat + spray & pray in a team fight. Try it out before posting sometime.

For the record: Tiamat does 1/3rd splash damage around each target hit. Spray & Pray hits
multiple targets. That means overlapping splashes. Got 3 characters near each other? They're all going to get hit with 2 splashes each, meaning your hits for 200 damage are going to deal 320 damage instead. If you have 2 tiamats, that's gonna be 440 damage per hit. It scales. It stacks. Nothing else even comes close. Your BF Sword might as well be nonexistent.

Spoing

03-08-2010

I know i know, but the AoE is kinda small, if they spread out even a little it wont do allot, and on single targets it doesn't give any bonus, taimat really reduces your killing power on a single target, bf sword doesn't. And BF sword can turn into a IE or black cleaver.