Worst online game community

LoL 345 44.29%
Not LoL 434 55.71%
Voters: 779. You may not vote on this poll

Worst Community Ever (poll)

12345678 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trickbaby

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarMan View Post
Threads like this make the community look even worse.
Not to be disrespectful, but what should we do in liu of making threads about the state of our union here?

As it stands, there is nothing in place to adequately corral the blatant griefing that goes on in this game. Whether it be through deliberately causing your team to lose, or just all out raging that involves racial slurs and any number of things that would warrant a pretty quick slap with the banstick, in many other communities.

We DO have the tribunal, now... i am not exactly sure what has come of it, but i make SURE to participate and judge my 3 cases a day. However, the obvious disregard towards developing a community that isn't all about who can degrade who, hasn't gone unnoticed.

The people going around making this game miserable, for others, have absolutely no fear in doing it. Most of them have been doing this for so long, without any form of punishment, that they think being "banned" is a freaking urban legend.

I am sorry, but as it stands... this community is pretty terrible. This is compounded by the fact that it is free to play, so who cares if one account is banned? Just make another...

drumsandfire

05-24-2011

Every online community has less than desirable inhabitants, sure. But I'd have to give this one to World of Warcraft.

The main difference, for me: on the Fields of Justice you might run into several (hundred) people you wouldn't want to play with again. Quick fix - /ignore - and you'll never hear from them again.

In WoW, you're stuck with those people on your server until you transfer.

At least that's how I justify it.... WTB RL friends.

DuffTime

05-24-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotAcquainted View Post
DotA has one rager in every game.

LoL has one rager every other game. At least that's how I see it in unranked normal games as a level 15 summoner.
Wait till you get more wins everybody think's they're somebody.

Vellusix

05-24-2011

Not at all - WoW and especially HoN are worse than LoL by a long shot. I'm new to this game but I haven't seen anything to the level of trolling and/or abuse here than I have in other games... yet.

I'm sure it happens, but leaving or unintentional feeding is just a part of this game from what I've seen and nothing to get too upset about. And let's face it, we've all probably done it at one time or another (leaving out of necessity I'm sure). None of that has anything on the amount of personalised trolling, griefing and abuse that can happen in WoW because with LoL you're a random face among thousands and a new game is a new game, whereas WoW relies on constant character development and it makes it easy to target someone in the world.

From what I'm told HoN is very, very bad also.

El Dude

05-25-2011

"another where i had a "pro" taric who was 1/5"

Yeah, Taric should definitely be carrying. Good point. I can tell you're one of the better players in the league.

greedy lobster

05-25-2011

HoN has a more competitive community, thus more rage and the like. But Lol has a lot of casual and sh.itty players that get paired up in much higher matchmaking games which creates a lot of frustration. **** casuals.

Meegz87

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

wow is far worse than league, and i'd have to say d2 is on par with wow.

shiftyPZ

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-27-2011

LoL does have a bad community, as well as a great one. At the top ranks and within top competitive teams, you don't really see as much badmouthing + trashing as in other games. I played CoD4 competitively and was in some good teams, and all people would do is troll each other all day every day. If you weren't on a certain team, you were trash; if you didn't have an extensive competitive history, you were trash; if you didn't completely carry your team, you were trash; and etc, so in that regard CoD4's community is way worse. How many times do you see Chaox or HotshotGG or Guardsman Bob (just some examples) rage at people who make mistakes? HSGG does rage at people sometimes, but he does point out errors and tries to help his team play better.
In normal games and lower elo ranked games, people troll. ALOT. By far, in the "casual/lower elo" games, the community is one of the worst I've ever seen. It's ridiculous how many people think that they are "pro" and won't listen to anybody else but themselves, and will troll people when given advice or somebody else does bad. For example, yesterday I was kennan and was giving a "pro alistar" advice on ganking and using his spells, and I was getting trolled on how bad I was and for missing one mia. We ended up losing, and he ended up being 1-7-6 or something like that and i ended up going like 13-8-11. After the game, ali told the other team to report me for being bad. I'm just shocked at how bad this community can be...

TL;DR: competitive and top level community has one of the greatest communities I've ever seen. "Casual" and lower elo games has one of or is the worst communities I've seen.

Voltii

05-29-2011

HoN's community is so much worse but that's only because it has a more competitive feel to it. Seriously, you **** up once in that game and you get flamed to oblivion.

Miss a valk arrow? You get raged at.
Misclick on a stun? You get raged at.
Lagging? You get raged at...
and ect.

People need to learn to play for fun, not for stats...

Umibozu

05-29-2011

A competitive online community will always be pretty hostile. However, I think so far Riot has handled this issue well, as LoL still has a much better community than DotA or HoN.

12345678 ... 12