Worst online game community

LoL 345 44.29%
Not LoL 434 55.71%
Voters: 779. You may not vote on this poll

Worst Community Ever (poll)

1234567 ... 12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KillaGerm

05-08-2011

What about WoW? That game has the worst community. I've been kicked out of guilds for missing a raid due to having to work. I've been flamed because my gear score wasn't 50,000 million. NO one helps anyone in that game. If you have a question, be prepared to be flamed to death. Every single person in that game is the best player in the world. If you don't have 9 hours a day to play WoW, you suck. Period.

RoarMan

Adjudicator

05-08-2011

Threads like this make the community look even worse.

Mıcro User

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillaGerm View Post
What about WoW? That game has the worst community. I've been kicked out of guilds for missing a raid due to having to work. I've been flamed because my gear score wasn't 50,000 million. NO one helps anyone in that game. If you have a question, be prepared to be flamed to death. Every single person in that game is the best player in the world. If you don't have 9 hours a day to play WoW, you suck. Period.
This guy made me laugh, and i have to agree that the people in WoW are btches.

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

League is the worst. The reason: its attracting all (And I mean ALL) of the players who leave other games waiting for another to come out. All the players from World of Warcraft, DC online, AION, Rift, and anything else that are just waiting for the next big thing or content patch are killing time on free games. Like league. Especially league.

The one really really sad thing though, is that its mostly concentrated on our US servers. The EU servers are much better run due to having working systems and moderators. Oh and the tribunal. Can we just blame Phreak for all the stuff?

GrandBreaker

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-08-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoarMan View Post
Threads like this make the community look even worse.
Also... Posts like this from Adjudicator's and management and players that are generally held in higher regard, don't actually help the argument. The community has problems. We know. Don't try the round about "Oh but this does not help" bs. Just. Fix. It.

Vreith

05-09-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snosauce View Post
Every game i get into theres at least 1 person that im 99% sure has downs and if theres not at least 1 or 2 with downs then theres 3 more ragers and trolls for the lack of downies. Makes me sad =(. I always tell people, hey, if you can't lane against that nidalee, switch with someone. Then sure enough 5 minutes in you hear "FIRST BLOOD" Nidalee has killed (insert scrub player here). Nid gets fed, takes towers, team qqs, gg. Vicious cycle
This,

I ask if i have a mid character in team this question, "you want mid etc, can you take vlad or whomever xxxx", (and when i ask this i am referring to the fact that this solomid could be incredible pro for all you know and you may have to play defensively) "no probs man ile rape him xD".... ok i enjoy your enthusiasm but then i always think this:

first sign from that person of delinquency, but hopefully im wrong.
usually im not, not long after i hear FIRST BLOOD, vlad slays teemo, who supposed (in this players opinion) he is god of mid... quickly i have to adjust my gameplay to suit

nope hes going to continue doing his build and charge in for revenge kill and get absolutely hammered.... then he just calls gg....

it's sigh worthy & its not funny. and theres almost 1 every single game. and theres those out there that if they get to pick the bans pick what ever that will counter them personally and what character they have decided to basically auto lock essentially.
Selfish kids with no brain on how to play competitive and no idea on the meaning of teamwork.

Im pretty sure they don't care what ELO is nor know what it does. they just click a button and there two types of games. one where you see your opponents team and one where you don't which one would i like to troll today hmmmm?!?
those be the stresses of the child. then mum comes over kicks him off the computer and he DC's yay!

Ide like to know, (if there is anyone who does know) is there anyone age 15 or less in the top 20 of solo?

edit: sorry thought this would be the best place to put my first rage post..

Lichman

05-09-2011

People who are angry at the kind of community we have here. There is a concept which we call friends. They are people we trust to either play well or mess around with. If your a lonely kid without friends, then you can make some by playing extremely that would shine over everyone else in the game. You would be swarmed by friend requests if you show off your skills every game. If you're complaining that you don't have the opportunity because someone took the carry roll, you can shine without a carry character. Junglers then thanks are your next bet to be recognized like a boss. The community is only as bad as you let it be, every game have people that plays to win and people that plays to mess around. If your the one who plays to win, better form your own team or become an awesome jungler/roamer.

Lyzveeyeh

05-10-2011

I don't care about the 'baddies', there are always players that are trying to play well and just not doing well. But everything else annoys me... the guy on my team with 250 leaves and 300 wins that left this game and I don't see that he was an ******* until after the game, the troll on my team that feeds and then won't stop complaining/spams surrender at 20/insults everyone on the team for the rest of the goddam game/afks and does all of the above, the idiots that immediately begin trolling me as soon as I make a suggestion about how we are playing as a team (Me: Maybe WW will not gank you a 4th time if you stay closer to the tower or get a ward? Kid: STFU ***************, I do what I want you're stupid for caring about this game blah blah blah my daddy touched me etc.). I get that I'm 31 and my perspective is removed from what seems like a significant presence in this community, but again I'm reminded of how the business model Riot has chosen is wonderful for attracting a large player base quickly and being subsequently profitable while simultaneously being out of touch to the extent that some sort of crazy ass Lord of the Flies drama plays out every game. Community improvement should be a higher priority than UI improvement. You made it free, but that doesn't mean you should entertain every entitled ****** that clicks download. Time to think above, or to the left, or slightly under the box and use all those statistics collected to either reward players that follow the rules or allow players to choose to remove players with excessive leaves/reports from the matchmaking process... There are many ways this problem can be solved.

MarcoRenji

05-23-2011

It's just typical Keyboard warriors. I've steered clear of solo play entirely because of this reason.

It's far better monitored than dota with more incentives, not enough punishment though imo for trolls/afk'ers and such.

What I suggest, find a few players, develop a core and play ONLY with them. They don't have to be the best but at least they wont waste your time.

feed lag repeat

05-24-2011

runescape had the worst online community.

1234567 ... 12