Warwick Boots?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Herne

03-07-2010

Since Warwick has gotten a buff, it seems to me he's gotten a bit more adaptable. I've seen him, with a bit of support and a heal spell or two, pseudo-tank his way through two or three enemies at half health, just as I've seen him do his tower dives and his jungle-thrashing of elder golems and whatnot.

Considering the fact that, more than many other champions, Warwick tends to 'jump' from one role to another depnding on where he goes on the map from minute to minute (solo-dragon... gank-assist... oh look, lets eat 12 mobs and solo-push that half-health tower...) what do people think are the best boots for him? He's constantly on the move, after all... +3 speed or even the +5 ones can help him cross half a map to get that monster buff... or for that matter to go from the buff to the huge teamfight at mid. Tabi help him avoid one hit here and there, zerkers make him kill more, drain more, and heal more (at least on trash... around double-digit levels, you can get half your health back from the wraith camp, with a good hunter's call).

From game to game, I've tried out one pair of boots or another, and am never entirely sure which pair is best. Does blood scent override the +3 or +5 speed boosts? are they simply not worth it? Or does the maneuverability outweigh the increase in damage?

What do y'all think? ^_^

Genghis John

03-07-2010

Hmm, well, I would have to vouch for Mercury treads - Like all melee champions Warwick is very susceptible to CC, mercury treads help with this a lot. The +2 movement speed is all he needs imo. With blood scent he's still really fast.

Lynxion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-07-2010

I usually do Mercury's Treads if the team has disablers/nukers or swiftness if they don't.

Ligr

03-07-2010

It depends quite a lot on the game. If you are owning hard with Warwick early game, get Mercury Boots, as the enemy will target you. With no escape, you can die easily from CC.

If you are more of a support and do not seem to pose such a great threat to the enemy team, then get the attack speed boots. They will help you in every way.

If you are a pure jungler/ganker, then go for +5 boots or +3 boots for the nice map control.

Genghis John

03-07-2010

I also agree with the last two posts, though I think mercury treads are #1 choice the other ones mentioned are very helpful to Warwick as well. =)

Herne

03-07-2010

Hmh. Thanks for the advice. I think I'll try Mercury in my next game... even if its just so I don't get facerolled by Jax or Ashe (there's always a Jax or Ashe -_- ) I really like the idea of Swiftness, but to be honest, I get alot more distance-closing utility out of flash than blood-scent or my run speed, at least usually. The only people that usually run, instead of turning and ganking me, are Teemo and Yi.... And even Blood Scent can't catch up with them before they reach a turret.

...does anyone actually just pure Jungle? By the time I hit level 6 or 7, if we're in a strong position in a lane (ie: we just won a 3v2, and the lane's empty) we rush it, and the teamfighting begins. ...and if we're weak, well, I've never seen Warwick actually turn the tide of a fight. =P I kind of float around leeching xp until I'm less-useless. ^^; Run-speed isn't important once we start team-fighting, except that when you're the first one to die, you need to hope you can get back to the survivors of your group once you rez...